UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Working your clinch.

10/26/12 9:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To open discussion. Here is one way we work the clinch @ IMDC.

1.Work your positions, neck ties, body control, pummel etc
Objective;
Knee the balls
Grab the balls
Grab the throat
Thumb the eyes
Bite

This training is based in reality self defense. No weapons yet, just a starting point here..

Try this, you will be amazed how you react!!!
10/31/12 9:07 AM
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok! so where are we here?

Maybe:
1.You train for sport and fitness and thinking of biting and eye gouging is for mentally disturbed humans who need help?...Or
2.You train this way all the time so what's so important about these targets?

Perhaps other thoughts?
It's aweful quite out here...LOL
11/1/12 1:30 AM
Paul Hopkins
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JKD
11/2/12 9:51 AM
Joe Maffei

Edited: 11/02/12 9:51 AM
Yo Paul remember Luis from straight blast, I think I read once,
he said, street defense is MMA and you just add dirt. (dirty fighting,eyes, groin etc, ) I think this is what he meant.

I agree with this, but has anyone added dirt? Remember the common man only knows dirt.

I have a bunch of guys who play MMA, we did a round of clinch, pummeling for position, take downs, dirty boxing the usual.

The next round they could do the same but this time they could, grab or knee the groin.

Their body position was like they never did MMA, and talk about hand fighting! As been said " A man thinks with his dick" that is so true!!! As a matter of fact. once the flood gates were open to attack the groin that's all that seemed to matter during this round of fighting.

When you allow vitel targets, like eyes and balls to be attacked at will, your subcoincious mind takes over your conscious thoughts. You get involeentary reactions based on subconscious relex to protect these organs.

This is why you can get the most highly trained MMA fighter to do things he never would do in a fight based on the mind bi-passing conscious thought and reacting with a subconscious reaction, or reflex..

In other words you can get a fighter to commit to a position without them even knowing they did until their reaction has already occurred....
11/3/12 1:23 PM
Paul Hopkins
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I found most appealing was the exhuberant animal philosophy.
11/5/12 11:22 AM
Joe Maffei

Yup!! The Medula Oblongata Is the portion of the brain we want to induce to stimulate and direct movement bypassing coincious thought. This is what I referr to as "Instinct trapping". This should work hand in hand with the mouse trap or what I call "Resistance trapping" found in the clinch range.

This is high % trapping and simply BLOWS AWAY traditional trapping as many attempt and fail..
11/5/12 6:28 PM
jkdblast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How ru you Joe. Great post. Vu has been calling this type of training filthy mma. Everything comes out of a mma matrix but your targets are all areas of limits in a sport. I guess bb nov. Issue talks about it a little and also how jkd is more gear towards mma and becouse of this jkd is more contemporary. Well great post.
11/5/12 8:37 PM
Adam Singer
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vunak wanted us to do stick work to improve our MMA but I guess now that MMA is popular he might as well get on the train and coin BS marketing terms. Those of us that have preached aliveness the last 15 years have been training that way all along. Phone Post
11/6/12 1:31 PM
Paul Hopkins

DirtyTudo can only be taught by a dirty tutor. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:00 PM
Adam Singer
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking at recent events, he is the dirtiest. Lol Phone Post
12/23/12 6:54 PM
jkd4200

Adam Singer -  Vunak wanted us to do stick work to improve our MMA but I guess now that MMA is popular he might as well get on the train and coin BS marketing terms. Those of us that have preached aliveness the last 15 years have been training that way all along. Phone Post

Ya... you are way more cutting edge than Vunak.

There is a long list of people who have stolen from Vu and think they can do it better.

A lot of those same people started bashing on the Gracies as well....

it is funny when people shit on the plate that feeds them

:)
12/23/12 8:21 PM
Adam Singer

I never claimed to be cutting edge and I have always given Vu the credit for the things he taught me that helped me. But I also have no problem pointing out the things that I felt were wrong. Phone Post
12/23/12 8:23 PM
Adam Singer

And when it comes to training MMA fighters Vunak can not hold a candle to me. Phone Post
12/23/12 10:38 PM
jkd4200

Singer... you sound as if you are the creator of aliveness.

The old Kali Academy looked just as much "MMA" as anything.

Imagine if Paul put ALL is time into a recreational sport such as MMA...

Paul is just staying true to the times and realized there is a douchebag wannabe "MMA guy" around every corner.

He is just preparing for guys like you... LOL

He keeps it street and you keep it sport...

there is no need to bash a pioneer such as Vunak
12/23/12 10:44 PM
Adam Singer

Edited: 12/23/12 10:51 PM
Ok. Well you decided to personally disrespect me so now I am done with you.

Adam
3/11/13 1:29 PM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm. Just visited this forum after a long hiatus. LOL.

JKD4200 - You have disrespected Master Singer. Shame on you. Never, ever mess with the 3%.

OK I agree this was written in bad taste. Crucify me now.
3/11/13 4:50 PM
Adam Singer

Thats fine, I deserve to take lumps for that.
3/11/13 5:57 PM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry I just saw this response. Wouldn't have resurrected the other thread but oh well . . .

Lesson learned my friend. Sometimes, you have to shut your mouth or karma will get back at you.
3/11/13 5:59 PM
Adam Singer

I can gladly remove your post over there. And of you would like to discuss any perceived issues with me then PM me a phone number and a time to call. Phone Post
3/11/13 6:04 PM
Siciliano

Add me on FB.
3/11/13 6:08 PM
Adam Singer

send me a friend request
3/11/13 7:09 PM
Siciliano

We're friends!!! <3

I have no issues with you. I just find this whole thing hilarious and entertaining. I mean you must admit, if you were in my position, you'd do the same thing too. Guess I'll be hooked to mma.tv again. :)
3/12/13 1:16 PM
Siciliano

Adam Singer -  Looking at recent events, he is the dirtiest. Lol Phone Post

Pls edit this. In light of recent events, you don't want this thrown in your face. Seriously.

Thanks

Grand Tuhon Supremo Toby Reyes

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.