UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Strikeforce is history according to Randy Couture

10/26/12 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/26/3559394/ufc-legend-randy-couture-says-strikeforce-is-at-the-end-of-the-road

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/10/26/randy-couture-predicts-demise-of-strikeforce/
10/26/12 1:51 PM
i remember halloween
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strikeforce is no longer what it once was.  I'll be happy to see guys like Gil, , Cormier, Jacare, Mousasi, Rockhold, and Kennedy in the UFC.

10/26/12 1:54 PM
jtown2
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Yeah, there are some questions there. I know the Showtime relationship with Zuffa has been rocky. I know they hoped to renew that relationship and build that relationship, but they weren't able to pull that off. I think you're gonna see the Strikeforce guys absorbed and plucked like they did the WEC. So, then the question is, is Ryan gonna be one of those guys they want to keep, or is he gonna be one of those guys that gets cut loose? Where are we gonna go with him? The Showtime contract's up this year, so early next year, I think you'll see something happen." Phone Post
10/26/12 1:54 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be interesting to see where UFC heads in the next few years.

Think they will continue PPVs?  I'm in Hong Kong and it was impossible to get when I got here, now I can see PPVs live with a Now.tv subscribtion.

I wonder if it will all go free tv like other mainstream sports.

10/26/12 1:55 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean see them free.  There's no PPV in Hong Kong, it's just on the Fox movie channel.

10/26/12 2:21 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Winnson -

Be interesting to see where UFC heads in the next few years.

Think they will continue PPVs?  I'm in Hong Kong and it was impossible to get when I got here, now I can see PPVs live with a Now.tv subscribtion.

I wonder if it will all go free tv like other mainstream sports.

I think it's the direction they want to go. Once they are in a position where that is how they can make the most money it's what will happen Phone Post
10/26/12 2:37 PM
jtown2
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could get used to a free UFC every other Saturday. Phone Post
10/26/12 2:42 PM
Chris27

Its gonna take alot more than 100 mill a year for the UFC to go completely away from PPV.

100 mill isnt near what MLB, NBA and NFL make per year. If the UFC could get a big enough tv deal they would ditch the PPV model but they aint getting anywhere near that kind of money so they need to continue with the PPV model.

10/26/12 2:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh thanks Randy, didn't know this already.

10/26/12 2:53 PM
Brian J DSouza

Edited: 10/26/12 2:54 PM
Sucks for Ryan Couture. I hope the Strikeforce fighters don't get put into limbo, but again, they have to start examining their contracts now for loopholes and assess all available options.
10/26/12 3:02 PM
Chomas
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep in mind how good Randy is at predictions... Phone Post
10/26/12 3:29 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What Barry & Chomas said.
10/26/12 3:34 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what will happen to the Strikeforce fighters that aren't the huge names.  Fighters like Masvidal and KJ Noons..will they get picked up by the UFC?  Or will they just be unemployed?

10/26/12 3:37 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would not surprise me in the least. Funny thing is that Strikeforce is the only reason I have Showtime...
10/26/12 3:56 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza - Sucks for Ryan Couture. I hope the Strikeforce fighters don't get put into limbo, but again, they have to start examining their contracts now for loopholes and assess all available options.

It would be better for them to be free agents and have the option of fighting somewhere else than their current situation.
10/26/12 4:55 PM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy Couture expects Strikeforce fighters to be absorbed by the UFC (Video)

http://www.examiner.com/article/randy-couture-expects-strikeforce-fighters-to-be-absorbed-by-the-ufc
10/26/12 5:58 PM
bhealthy

if Handy is correct, it looks like marquart will be wearin the ufc-brand strap sooner than we thought!
10/26/12 6:33 PM
BaraoKix

bhealthy - if Handy is correct, it looks like marquart will be wearin the ufc-brand strap sooner than we thought!

Even if he is right, youre still wrong...
10/26/12 8:14 PM
Van City 604

What's with Craig Carton calling grown men "kiddo" all the time?
10/26/12 8:18 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - 

I wonder what will happen to the Strikeforce fighters that aren't the huge names.  Fighters like Masvidal and KJ Noons..will they get picked up by the UFC?  Or will they just be unemployed?

KJ can def give some exciting performances, so I'm sure they'll keep him. As for Jorge, who knows.

lol@BaraoKix. Truth.

10/26/12 8:24 PM
othree
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - This would not surprise me in the least. Funny thing is that Strikeforce is the only reason I have Showtime...

Same.

Although since getting the sub Showtime has stepped up it's boxing game. So I'll probably still keep it even after SF is officially dead. They've put a lot of efforts into signing up and coming boxers to solid deals. This wasn't the case when Showtime first brought MMA to their network, though.

10/26/12 8:25 PM
othree
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Van City 604 - What's with Craig Carton calling grown men "kiddo" all the time?

Craig irritates the fuck out of me. He also has to seemingly be louder than everyone else at all times.

Wish Uncensored would go with someone else, then I'd actually watch it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has tuned out because of him.

10/27/12 12:37 AM
Gabriel Verdon

It seems really disrespectful to call someone older than you "kiddo."

That Craig guy seems to have some sort of complex going on where he gets off on speaking condescendingly to people better than him.
10/27/12 12:49 AM
stonepony

The sooner the better...
10/27/12 1:56 AM
CindyO

Barry_BondsMVP - 

oh thanks Randy, didn't know this already.

LOL!

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.