UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dog Brothers still too crazy for the UFC

10/26/12 5:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Five years before Rorion Gracie opened the world's eyes to the concept of learning fighting effectiveness by competing with no rules, Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny and Eric "Top Dog" Knaus did the same thing, but with weapons.

“No judges, no referees, no trophies. One rule only Be friends at the end of the day. This means no one should spend the night in the hospital, and everyone should leave with the IQ that they came with.”

In 1995 the Dog Brothers offered to bring their approach of "Higher Consciousness Through Harder Contact" to the UFC, but were rebuffed for being "too extreme." This was the pre regulation, hair-pulling and groin punching UFC too.

The Dog Brothers are still at, and hold period open gatherings, where anything goes, with weapons, like this one in September, held at Gokor Chivichyan's Hayastan Academy in North Hollywood, CA.

10/26/12 5:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cause you never know when the fickle finger of fate will touch you! Phone Post
10/26/12 5:19 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck!?

Thats ridiculous... Phone Post
10/26/12 5:22 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Fuck!?

Thats ridiculous... Phone Post
Been to a few of these back when I was training Kali, my coach and a few class mates participated... Heavy shit. Seen some nasty gashes, sweet chokes with the sticks and some crazy takedowns!

War Dog Brothers! Phone Post
10/26/12 5:26 PM
caseharts
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay. No.

Some technical people but they have a right to do it and I have a right to call it fucking crazy. Phone Post
10/26/12 5:26 PM
Ray Blackburn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched that video. Want NO part of this. Ever. Especially the chains, how can you possibly spar with those, safely?!? Phone Post
10/26/12 5:28 PM
jujubre
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok.....but......why?
10/26/12 5:29 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground Blog - 

Dog Brothers still too crazy for the UFC

[fightlinker.com]

Five years before Rorion Gracie opened the world's eyes to the concept of learning fighting effectiveness by competing with no rules, Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny and Eric "Top Dog" Knaus did the same thing, but with weapons.

“No judges, no referees, no trophies. One rule only Be friends at the end of the day. This means no one should spend the night in the hospital, and everyone should leave with the IQ that they came with.”

In 1995 the Dog Brothers offered to bring their approach of "Higher Consciousness Through Harder Contact" to the UFC, but were rebuffed for being "too extreme." This was the pre regulation, hair-pulling and groin punching UFC too.

The Dog Brothers are still at, and hold period open gatherings, where anything goes, with weapons, like this one in September, held at Gokor Chivichyan's Hayastan Academy in North Hollywood, CA.

"and everyone should leave with the IQ that they came with.”

Which by the looks of it is roughly 85

10/26/12 5:29 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

jujubre - ok.....but......why?
I answered that in the very first Response! Phone Post
10/26/12 5:30 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats with the knifes?

They are obviously dull or blunt at the edge so it's just a... Poking device? Why not just use one of the big sticks and jab the guy from afar? Phone Post
10/26/12 5:33 PM
bruised
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck!? Sparring with chains? Crazy motherfuckers.
10/26/12 5:33 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Whats with the knifes?

They are obviously dull or blunt at the edge so it's just a... Poking device? Why not just use one of the big sticks and jab the guy from afar? Phone Post
Never really got the knife fights... But it is fun to train Phone Post
10/26/12 5:34 PM
AristidesBrito
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know that they have electric knives now, that shock when you are touched by the blade Phone Post
10/26/12 5:37 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

AristidesBrito - I know that they have electric knives now, that shock when you are touched by the blade Phone Post
That's pretty cool... We trained with sharpies just to see where you got touched... Knife fight no good , stand 2/3 chance of getting stuck... Only three options, you stab him, he stabs you or you both get stabbed.... I say Run! Phone Post
10/26/12 5:38 PM
vegasdolphin
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intense fighting. 

10/26/12 5:42 PM
mdrndaysamurai
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks like fun!
10/26/12 5:43 PM
Jake Smash
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fought in the Dog Brothers open gathering two septembers ago. It was very fun, very cool and all the people involved were some of the nicest people I've met.

That shit hurts though. No joke. Phone Post
10/26/12 5:47 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Jake Smash - I fought in the Dog Brothers open gathering two septembers ago. It was very fun, very cool and all the people involved were some of the nicest people I've met.

That shit hurts though. No joke. Phone Post
Props for getting in there... Super cool people and totally different feel than what I expected the first time I went! Phone Post
10/26/12 5:52 PM
CLINTK9
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats badass. I'd watch a weekly tourney of this on tv all day over TUF!
Kakkarotto_san

Fuck that shit.
PeterGBO
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
AristidesBrito - I know that they have electric knives now, that shock when you are touched by the blade Phone Post
That's pretty cool... We trained with sharpies just to see where you got touched... Knife fight no good , stand 2/3 chance of getting stuck... Only three options, you stab him, he stabs you or you both get stabbed.... I say Run! Phone Post

A lot of Martial Arts that teach self defense against knives tell you to run as the first option, but if you are cornered these guys will teach you to not be afraid to get cut really bad in order to disable (kill) your attacker, and then seek medical attention.

Also a lot of those guys will teach you the importance of carrying concealed firearms to protect yourself. As you will learn in class that it's extremely hard to stop somebody from stabbing you in vital organs.

10/26/12 5:58 PM
UGCTT_AsimpleFan
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would watch it. I was surprised at how quickly the weapons became a non factor in some of those snipets. Phone Post
10/26/12 6:05 PM
UGSlapshot

Edited: 10/26/12 6:41 PM

I'm not convinced, real swords used correctly take arms and legs off. I dont see how they are simulating damage accurately, I didn't see them stopping the action for what would be kill shots in real combat.

Also I'm very content to shoot a attacker in real combat, fuck taking huge risks with your life like pulling a knife.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

10/26/12 6:11 PM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's some seriously gangsta shit for a hobby, though i've seen some eskrima dudes that would probably dominate these guys

10/26/12 6:16 PM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.