UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cung Le: Not on TRT - 'It ain't broke'

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/27/12 3:18 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Steph Daniels interviewed Cung Le ahead of his main event fight versus Rich Franklin at UFC Macao: Franklin vs. Le on Saturday, November 10, 2012.

At 38, Franklin is at an age where his natural testosterone levels inevitably decline. He holds no personal feelings against TRT. It’s legal.

However, due to fan response on social media when the idea was floated a few months ago, Franklin said he was not taking TRT for the fight.

Le, who is two years older still, is likewise not on TRT.

"I never really thought about it," said Le. "I feel that if other athletes have low levels, and a doctor prescribes it, then that's their decision to make. My decision is that I've gone this far without it, so I just want to finish out my career without the use of it. If Rich decides to do it or not, it's his decision. For me, it just doesn't change the gameplan. My back kick won't discriminate. It will connect the same way and do the same damage. I've gone this far without assistance, so why mess with a good thing? If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The fight is Macau will be the third of a six-fight contract. How long will Le keep fighting for?

"I'm 40 years old. I know I won't be fighting until I'm 50," said Le. "But I do know that I've got a couple more good fights left in me. I really try not to think too far ahead. For me, it always revolves around my current fight."

"My last fight, against Patrick Cote, I finally felt great. I got the proper rest and training. I've got a new trainer now (Scott Sheeley). Everything is really scientific, and broken down into components. I take nothing away from Javier Mendez, but he's just too busy and has too many fighters. I'm a lot happier with how everything is being put together now. It's more focused on me, instead of just waiting in line, waiting for your turn, wondering if you'll get this Monday or the next one."

Read entire article...

10/27/12 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crooklyn
959 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

Thanks UG blog :)

10/27/12 3:55 PM
hmb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cung maybe the most professional humble sensible well-spoken guy in the sport.

LOVED his San Shou fights. Was so glad he made the transistion and proved his haters wrong. LEGIT!
10/27/12 4:21 PM
RandyDarsh
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/27/12 4:21 PM
RandyDarsh
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/27/12 4:21 PM

double post

10/27/12 4:25 PM
RandyDarsh

10/27/12 4:30 PM
RandyDarsh

10/27/12 4:45 PM
Crooklyn
959 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

I hate the vote up limits. I would vote each of those picture posts up. Loved those leg trips Cung kept hitting Shamrock with.

10/27/12 5:08 PM
Hazard 76
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always a fan of Cung Le.

Awesome Dynamic fighter, gives it his all......can take a lickin'.....most importantly, he seems a genuine, down-to-earth guy.

Very likeable, and a credit to this sport we love.

Mohawk fuckwads, and all the other played out lame gimmicks, some fighters use, should look & learn.
10/27/12 5:18 PM
atrocityexhibit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never seen that picture of Shamrock in mid fall. That's hilarious.
10/27/12 5:43 PM
Chimonos Revenge
1222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn -

I hate the vote up limits. I would vote each of those picture posts up. Loved those leg trips Cung kept hitting Shamrock with.

The top one is hilarious.

It looks like frank is doing an atomic butt drop and the look on cung's face is like "dude, WTF? " Phone Post
10/27/12 7:17 PM
RandyDarsh

fapout -
atrocityexhibit - I've never seen that picture of Shamrock in mid fall. That's hilarious.

lmao

Frank looks like the is loving it
Hahah agreed its a look of genuine enjoyment Phone Post
10/27/12 8:55 PM
Slapsymaxi
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's good he addressed this.

He's 40 and he looks fitter than he's looked in years in the pics from training that came out. My first guess would have been TRT.

Max Phone Post
10/27/12 11:02 PM
Kirik
2582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow me, on Twitter

Great images!

10/28/12 2:57 AM
overEZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cung is awesome. His toes are really fucked up though.
10/28/12 4:24 AM
RandyDarsh

overEZ - Cung is awesome. His toes are really fucked up though.
I never noticed that haha, years of kicking things must have added up Phone Post
10/28/12 4:32 AM
Fedors Jim Jams
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RandyDarsh - 
fapout -
atrocityexhibit - I've never seen that picture of Shamrock in mid fall. That's hilarious.

lmao

Frank looks like the is loving it
Hahah agreed its a look of genuine enjoyment Phone Post

that pic is begging for a slip n slide photoshop
10/28/12 6:28 AM
morse
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RandyDarsh voted up. Great pics! 

10/28/12 10:46 AM
Soup Nazi
2228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Cung Le!

10/28/12 12:47 PM
RandyDarsh

morse -

RandyDarsh voted up. Great pics! 

Thanks! Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.