UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Tell me about this parable RE: Jacob and Esau

10/28/12 12:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AlexanderTheGOAT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First off I'm not a christian and actually I'm agnostic. However, I was is NY recently and I saw the "black Hebrew Israelites" shouting their beliefs on a street corner in Manhatton. It was quite comical and entertaining.

Basically, they rile people up with their belief that god hates white people and that all white people deserve death or enslavement. Their basis for this belief is a passage about Jacob and Esau. From what I could gather during the half hour of watching them was that supposedly Esau represents the white race and Jacob the black race. Esau I think turned out to be bad and god hated him(?). The whole thing was cryptic and confusing but I'm wondering if they have a basis for their beliefs according to this passage. Can it be interpreted this way? Phone Post
10/30/12 1:07 AM
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Esau was the 1st born twin between him and Jacob. Long story short Esau came in after hunting and asked Jacob to cook him some soup/stew. Jacob-name meaning deciever- said for your birthright i will do so. Esau basically said whatever im starving give me food. After agreeing he made him food. Father was in his dying bed wanted Esau to come because the he was the 1st born and he was going to give him the blessing. Long story short again jacob decieved his father and got the blessing instead of Esau. Phone Post
10/30/12 12:42 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacob does not mean deceiver. They are nuts, no the story cannot be interpreted that way, but that's how they twist everything.
10/30/12 3:04 PM
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacob has two meanings the heel(held by the heel) and deciever(supplanter). Phone Post
10/30/12 4:45 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supplanter =/= deceiver, though to supplant one may use deceptive tactics.
10/31/12 7:12 PM
phydeau
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here's everyhing you need to know:

in order for the "black Hebrew Israelites" story to be true a woman has to have a single set of twins, one white & one black.
2/5/13 3:18 PM
figure four
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have to remember that in those times it was the law of primogeniture - where the first born will receive all of the inheritance from his father... It was Esau's by birth.

Jacob did not deceive Esau at all...Jacob just valued blessings and eternal life.

Esau took it for granted and sold his birth right for a single meal.

Long story short - you should value your inheritance and not take it for granted.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.