UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Why was there Beef between Neil Adams and the..

10/28/12 1:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracies (if there was any)?

What happened all those years ago at that seminar?
10/28/12 2:49 PM
Alumynabjj

Google. Didn't read where there was a beef yet it appears he said he spanked them and told them their style did not have the right mindset. Phone Post
10/28/12 3:08 PM
shen
984 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/28/12 3:16 PM

I do recall Adams saying he showed the Gracies how to do the armbar from the guard properly. (According to him, they already did it but, had some misconceptions about it, which he corrected).
10/28/12 3:40 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neil adams showed helio where to move the leverage points

10/28/12 3:47 PM
MickColins
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer his work on Batman. Did you know he based his Gotham city on Chicago and that inspired Christopher Nolan?

//GEEK IPPON!

10/28/12 3:48 PM
vegard
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just read what i could find on google. Adams said some gracies came to his seminar in san fran. He made no mention of rolling with them.

Adams said: Royce Gracie came to a course I took in San Francisco to learn about armlocks. The Gracies are really nice people but slightly misdirected in their concepts, so it was good to educate them.
10/28/12 4:31 PM
Spartan79

Was no beef. The Gracie's had the upmost respect for him and traveled miles to go and train with him. No Gracie challenge on Mr Adams lol funny they must of forgot the video that day! Phone Post
10/28/12 8:59 PM
Hywel Teague
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of misinformation and here-say in this thread

I always believed it was his rolling juji that he taught the Gracies, as that's what he was known for in judo. Phone Post
10/28/12 11:11 PM
thebasher

a lot of hearsay indeed and I agree it would surely have been the rolling arm bar
10/29/12 8:02 AM
Topsyjt
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hywel Teague -  Lots of misinformation and here-say in this thread

I always believed it was his rolling juji that he taught the Gracies, as that's what he was known for in judo. Phone Post

Exactly how Geoff Thompson tells it.  Gracies came to a seminar to learn from the Great sensi Adams and his Rolling Juji-gatame.  Said they were very humble and wanted to know lots of intricate details.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.