UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fitch on Cain loss JDS:He had a severe knee injury

10/28/12 5:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/30/12 1:59 AM

Jon Fitch revealed that Velasquez had a severe knee injury entering his first fight against JDS that limit him in the fight.In the rematch he believes Velasquez will be able to utilized his skills to its full potential, and he don't see how JDS can win.I tend to agree. JDS keeps talking about his BJJ skills, but if Cain takes him down, I don't think he will be able to get back up.

Source:Jon Fitch on Velasquez loss to Dos Santos: "He had a severe knee injury, and was limited"
10/28/12 5:39 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 10/28/12 5:39 PM
I think Cain wins the rematch.. but keep in mind that JDS also had a bad leg injury going into that first fight (knee or hip). Obviously, all things equal, it favors the stand up fighter, but excuses are still excuses. Cain lost.
10/28/12 5:40 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They both had injuries.

10/28/12 5:40 PM
ShanTheMan
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still got JDS but I also thought Cain had the first one in the bag.
10/28/12 5:41 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/28/12 5:41 PM

1. Fitch is his team mate

2. It wasn't that bad, or he would not have passed medicals prior to the fight

3. He is coming off another (Different) injury and a huge layoff this time around

4. JDS was hurt.

etc...

10/28/12 5:41 PM
SinCityHustler

It's been pretty well known for quite some time that Cain was injured pretty significantly going into that fight and most likely was forced to stand with JDS as a result.  I don't think anyone expects Cain to beat JDS if he's going to stand exclusively and we saw what happened out there as a result.  I'm one who expects Cain to go right out and pressure JDS with shots, (takedown attempts) and clinches, eventually taking him down and putting a solid beating on him.  Pretty exciting match up .

10/28/12 5:42 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't recall JDS punching him in the knee

10/28/12 5:47 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i recall people saying jds had the knee injury in that fight, and cain was kickinghim in that knee

10/28/12 5:50 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1082 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long was that first fight anyway??

JDS didn't even give Cain a chance to do anything but stand. The credit goes to Dos Santos. Phone Post
10/28/12 5:52 PM
SinCityHustler

I think this time around Cain really works the legs kicks kicks and uses feints, (fake shot attempts) to keep JDS guessing.  He maintains distance and avoids any real punching exchanges.  When the opening presents itself, that's when he looks for his take down.  Conversely, JDS looks to punish Cain with a sprawl and brawl approach.  On paper at least it appears that Cain has the offensive and tactical advantage.  

10/28/12 6:03 PM
stevekt
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain had a cracked skull.
10/28/12 6:12 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Holy shit, Fitch and these excuses.
It's MMA, like Nick Diaz and many others have said, you always have injuries going into a fight.
And kudos to those fighters that don't wait til every bruise, nick, and ache is healed before the step in.
It seems like almost everyone has pulled out a fight this year.
Anyone think it has anything to do with the UFC insurance policy?
10/28/12 6:25 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bat21 - 

I don't recall JDS punching him in the knee

Exactly. Very few fighters are 100% going in. I do still believe ring rust had a little to do with the outcome but that's it. Cain lost fair n square and now he has a chance to redeem that performance.
10/28/12 6:27 PM
TheRaider
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also gor severely punchef behind the ear. Probably had more to do with it than the knee.
10/28/12 6:28 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS had a bad knee injury as well. Cain was even kicking him in his knee. Ppl still underrated JDS after all the beatings he has put on every HW in the UFC. Cain is going to have trouble with JDS' scrambing ability if taken down and Cain doesn't have the ability to take JDS' punches.
10/28/12 6:35 PM
jessethekid
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS has ridiculous takedown defense and is insanely hard to hold down, I think Cain is in for a rough night. Phone Post
10/28/12 6:48 PM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight for us the fans, but I agree that that was not the best Cain we have seen. I think this will be nothing like the first fight.

Can't wait! Phone Post
10/28/12 6:53 PM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it 100% I'm a big fan of Cain! Never was until the Kongo fight. Unreal how much heart and determination he showed in that fight, how can u not want to be a fan of a guy like that! I'm hoping he takes Jds out this next match :) Phone Post
10/28/12 6:55 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS by anything he wants. Phone Post
10/28/12 7:02 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish AKA would stop coming out with all these laundry list of excuses as to why Cain lost, it's simple he lost to the better guy on the night it happens its called fighting end of argument, P.S and like others have said Dos Santos was injured aswell.
10/28/12 7:35 PM
UGSlapshot

Tom O'BentOverByFitch -

They both had injuries.

Yup, JDS had a torn meniscus. Phone Post
10/28/12 8:05 PM
SinCityHustler

Frank Gallagher - When has Cain ever used feints? Would be great to see him utilize them.

He utilyzes head movement and it probably would be effective if he mixed a feint or 2 in there ever now and then.      Little things like that could be what creates openings where they might otherwise not be.  

10/28/12 8:11 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if Cain had no injuries last time he can do some things different than last time in the rematch.

I have a feeling he comes out very high pressure and aggressive for the takedown and wins the rematch. Phone Post
10/28/12 8:20 PM
Bliz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - How long was that first fight anyway??

JDS didn't even give Cain a chance to do anything but stand. The credit goes to Dos Santos. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
10/28/12 8:26 PM
French Fries Malone
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS hits him harder in rematch Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.