UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wand: I'm back in 2013, maybe at 205

10/28/12 6:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

lan Oliveira: What did you think of Anderson Silva’s showing at UFC 153?

Wanderlei Silva: I think every sport has a guy who is different. Soccer had Pele, Formula 1 had Ayrton Senna, and MMA has Anderson. He is different, but it did not start now. He trained at a gym in a small neighborhood in Curitiba and was very dedicated. You don't make an Anderson Silva in one day. The lesson he leaves is the self-dedication. He who trains like Anderson Silva has many chances to be like him. Do not let success or the money that comes with winning change your mind. He has been a UFC champion for so long, and he still trains hard.

IADid you get nervous seeing Anderson dodging Stephan Bonnar’s punches that way, when some blows connected?

WS: The risk there was that he might be hit on the chin and knocked out, but Anderson is a man secure in what he does; he's on another level. He serves as an example for many people, for young fighters like Jon Jones.”

IA: When do you want to fight again, and in what weight division?

WS: I want to either fight a catchweight bout at 198 pounds (93 kg) or at light heavyweight. At middleweight, I’m very hungry (laughs). Right now, I'm doing weight training and some shadow boxing. I'm kind of on vacation now, paying attention to the family, but next year the Wand is back.

IA: Whom would you like to face when you return?

WS:  I'll face whomever the UFC wants.

Read entire article...

10/28/12 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DWray
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - Wand vs Maldonado

I respectfully disagree.

Wand's best years are behind him, I want big fights for him.

10/28/12 6:35 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - Wand vs Maldonado
I want Maldonado to move to 185lbs.

Wand vs Kingsbury! Phone Post
10/28/12 7:02 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand vs Bonnar, Bonnar doesnt have that 1 punch ko power to trouble Wand so it would be a scrap!! Or Wand vs Vera would also be cool! Phone Post
10/28/12 7:05 PM
nyhcloyalty
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't care who it is. Fucking WAR WAND Phone Post
10/28/12 7:06 PM
Fabes
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Wand is too small for UFC 205ers.
Wand vs Leben please! Phone Post
10/28/12 7:07 PM
Festus
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liddels man Teixeira Phone Post
10/28/12 7:07 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand sees how easily Chael and Vitor got their shots at Jones so he's gonna give it a shot lol. Wand vs Couture number one contender match in 2013 mark my words. Phone Post
10/28/12 7:11 PM
Pancake Syrup
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand vs Rampage 4
10/28/12 7:17 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand vs Griffin, Bonnar, or Sonnen.
10/28/12 7:18 PM
HenryO

Wanderlei/Lil Nog in Brazil
10/28/12 7:28 PM
orcus

"Wand sees how easily Chael and Vitor got their shots at Jones so he's gonna give it a shot lol."

I wouldn't mind seeing it. Wand isn't going to be timid like Belfort and he has underrated takedown defense and ground game. Unlikely to be KO'd, major KO threat himself.

10/28/12 7:39 PM
HenryO

orcus - 

"Wand sees how easily Chael and Vitor got their shots at Jones so he's gonna give it a shot lol."

I wouldn't mind seeing it. Wand isn't going to be timid like Belfort and he has underrated takedown defense and ground game. Unlikely to be KO'd, major KO threat himself.

Oh no, nobody wants to see Jones beat down ancient Wand
10/28/12 8:37 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goderson Silva - That Wanderlei HL is the bes i have ever seen.
Completely agree Phone Post
10/28/12 9:17 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I wouldn't mind seeing it. Wand isn't going to be timid like Belfort and he has underrated takedown defense and ground game. Unlikely to be KO'd, major KO threat himself.

"

come on, orcus
10/28/12 9:22 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes - Wand is too small for UFC 205ers.
Wand vs Leben please! Phone Post
Why would a rematch be any different? Phone Post
10/28/12 9:23 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand vs Forrest would be good Phone Post
10/28/12 9:43 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - 
orcus - 

Oh no, nobody wants to see Jones beat down ancient Wand

This, Wand gets nowhere near Bones and gets elbowed stupid like the rest

10/28/12 10:30 PM
orcus

Edited: 10/28/12 10:32 PM
HELWIG - 

"I wouldn't mind seeing it. Wand isn't going to be timid like Belfort and he has underrated takedown defense and ground game. Unlikely to be KO'd, major KO threat himself.

"

come on, orcus

What? I haven't seen anyone else do jack shit against Jones, why not let Wand try? The guy who most say supposedly did the best against Jones, Lyoto, got choked unconscious STANDING in round 2. How can Wand possibly do worse than that? And Jones is less likely than most to give Wand another brutal KO loss. Belfort was frustrating to watch because there were a lot of standing exchanges and he just did not throw punches. Wand would.

"This, Wand gets nowhere near Bones and gets elbowed stupid like the rest"

So you don't want to see a legend like Wand get that big fight, big payday, and chance for an epic underdog win, but you do want to line up to see "the rest" get elbowed stupid?

Anyway, I didn't say "omg make this fight", I said I wouldn't mind seeing it. 

10/28/12 10:35 PM
HenryO

There are probably 20 fighters Id rather see fight Jones then 36 year old Wanderlei closing in on 50 fights.
10/28/12 10:37 PM
HenryO

I dont like seeing past their prime legends take unnecessary beatdowns
10/28/12 10:37 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
HELWIG - 

"

come on, orcus

What? I haven't seen anyone else do jack shit against Jones, why not let Wand try? The guy who most say supposedly did the best against Jones, Lyoto, got choked unconscious STANDING in round 2. How can Wand possibly do worse than that? And Jones is less likely than most to give Wand another brutal KO loss. Belfort was frustrating to watch because there were a lot of standing exchanges and he just did not throw punches. Wand would.

So you don't want to see a legend like Wand get that big fight, big payday, and chance for an epic underdog win, but you do want to line up to see "the rest" get elbowed stupid?

Nah Orcus, I would enjoy seeing I'm just not giving him any chance in hell.

I would love Wand to beat Phony Jonsey, but he's not what he once was at all.

10/28/12 10:40 PM
Master Shredder
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand vs Rickson!
10/28/12 10:42 PM
jhendo79
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand against anyone is enough for me to watch!

I wanna see a rematch with Belfort or Leben before anything else.
10/29/12 12:17 AM
orcus

ChaosOverkill - 
orcus - 
HELWIG - 

"

come on, orcus

Nah Orcus, I would enjoy seeing I'm just not giving him any chance in hell.

I would love Wand to beat Phony Jonsey, but he's not what he once was at all.

Yeah, I don't give anyone a chance really. Maybe Phil Davis with more time, but getting handily outwrestled by Rashad doesn't bode well for him at all in the takedown department, and he certainly can't hang with Jon standing. I don't think Gustafsson has much shot if any, Jon will just take him down and pound him out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.