UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why Nick Diaz wants to fight Anderson Silva

10/28/12 7:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In four months Nick Diaz will be eligible to return to the Octagon, following a one year suspension for failing a Nevada State Athletic Commission administered recreational drug test at UFC 143.

His trainer and manager Cesar Gracie has use the time wisely, trying to line up big matches; none is bigger than UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva.

"Nick really wants this fight because he has great admiration and respect for Anderson as a fighter," explained Gracie. "Anderson Silva is a true martial artist, he studied martial arts, is a great representative of the sport. Nick loves martial arts and that, for him, is enough to put Anderson Silva as the opponent."

"I heard Dana White's statements saying that Nick will have to fight someone before having another chance at the title shot and there are a lot of fighters out there who would love this fight."

The most likely title shot on Diaz's horizon is against the winner of UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre vs. Interim Champion Carlos Condit, which takes place at UFC 154 on Nov. 17.

Still, anything can happen in MMA.

Read entire article...
Read entire article... (original Portuguese)

10/28/12 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
youarewhatiswrong
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare - 

i like diaz a lot and want to see him keep winning. no point in this fight. diaz does not stand 1 single chance of winning, and thats saying a lot considering hes one of the best fighters in the world. diaz is a smaller, weaker bonnar....with much better hands but still. most people already know what would happen. i dont want to see nick get completely beasted and anderson make him look like he isnt a world class fighter when he really is.

Diaz is nothing like bonnar, he's a good technical boxer with excellent jiu jitsu, bonnar is a brawler with decent jiu jitsu. Bonnar is a nerd, Diaz is a thug with a chip on his shoulder. I don't give Diaz much chance, but believe it would be far more competitive than you assert.
10/28/12 7:51 PM
mcpeepants232003
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he does face Anderson it won't be any time soon.

First he has to face a top contender, then if he wins he'll get a title shot against Gsp. That's the bigger fight and the Ufc will try to make it happen(by giving Diaz a top guy but a top guy he can beat).

If he loses to Gsp(which is likely) then maybe they'll bump Nick up to mw for a fight with Anderson but with Strikeforce likely to merge in March Weidman/Boetsch winner, Bisping, and rockhold are all ahead of him. Plus Anderson vs Gsp actually looks like it might happen, finally.
10/28/12 7:53 PM
catgobling

ObamaCare - 

i like diaz a lot and want to see him keep winning. no point in this fight. diaz does not stand 1 single chance of winning, and thats saying a lot considering hes one of the best fighters in the world. diaz is a smaller, weaker bonnar....with much better hands but still. most people already know what would happen. i dont want to see nick get completely beasted and anderson make him look like he isnt a world class fighter when he really is.

u smokin crack son? this is one of the coolest fights that could be possibly made, ever

10/28/12 8:00 PM
Farewell Brock

Could see Anderson accepting this fight. Considering his comments about fighting a small opponent in gsp this would be right up his alley Phone Post
10/28/12 8:00 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First of all, Nick gets killed in this fight. Second, he needs to stay @ WW. There's plenty of tough fights for him there, where even if he loses, he doesn't get slaughtered. I respect that this homie isn't scared, but that's not the point.
10/28/12 8:01 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -

"great respect and admiration for Anderson"

so he would do no trash talking in the octagon, no butting of heads at the weigh in or anything, shows that he truely does respect Anderson, Nick Diaz shows respect to the veterns like BJ Penn, Frank Shamrock, Anderson etc, something alot of young fighters could learn from.

Nick Diaz disrespects his opponents in order to show his respect for them Phone Post
10/28/12 8:15 PM
Smith1234
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Nick would be an interesting matchup. He has a rock solid chin and high output level on the feet. I don't see why he couldn't have Chael 1 type of success on the feet.

I would also lean towards Nick having an edge on the ground.

Let's not get crazy, Nick would be a significant underdog but I think it could be a great fight.

10/28/12 8:23 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

@ Stretch Armbar: All of Nick's losses in the UFC were close fights, and in no way did he ever get owned in any of his fights. When fighters CHOOSE to fight and engage with Nick, and actually decide to FIGHT a real fight, then Nick handles business. I would LOVE to see Anderson vs Nick, it would be an exciting fight, and Anderson would definitely engage. And in a 5 round war, I feel nick has a chance, as long as he does not get cut up.
10/28/12 8:29 PM
gabemadrid
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz steps up where GSP hasn't. I'm still waiting for him to gain the muscled he needed I believe he said an extra 7 pounds of muscle? That was UFC 100. Phone Post
10/28/12 8:30 PM
aNutterFedorFan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farewell Brock - Could see Anderson accepting this fight. Considering his comments about fighting a small opponent in gsp this would be right up his alley Phone Post
This. And I for One, would Love to see this fight regardless of how it played out. Phone Post
10/28/12 8:44 PM
tanner904

I like Diaz fighting style but it would be fun to watch silva make Diaz look like he doesn't have a clue how to fight silva would tee off at will it would be brutal Phone Post
10/28/12 8:57 PM
Farewell Brock

Goderson Silva -
Farewell Brock -  Could see Anderson accepting this fight. Considering his comments about fighting a small opponent in gsp this would be right up his alley Phone Post

awwwww butthurt
How am I butthurt? I'm stating that Anderson is basically asking for fights vs smaller guys who don't really stand much of a chance at beating him... Phone Post
10/28/12 8:57 PM
youarewhatiswrong
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
superCalo -

so he would do no trash talking in the octagon, no butting of heads at the weigh in or anything, shows that he truely does respect Anderson, Nick Diaz shows respect to the veterns like BJ Penn, Frank Shamrock, Anderson etc, something alot of young fighters could learn from.

Nick Diaz disrespects his opponents in order to show his respect for them Phone Post

beautifully put.
10/28/12 9:32 PM
circa305

Anderson would be the worst possible match up for Nick that I can think of.
10/28/12 9:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
superCalo -

beautifully put.
Lol. I think Cesar Gracie said that on UFC primetime Phone Post
10/28/12 9:43 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$$$$

/Thread Phone Post
10/28/12 9:46 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I REALLY want to see these two fight...

Jones and Silva don't want to fight each other.

GSP doesn't want to fight Silva Phone Post
10/28/12 9:51 PM
The Sultan
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd live to see the fight just because diaz would be super aggressive against anderson and would play right in to his hands.

Iron chin or not, if diaz strikes with Anderson, he's going to go to sleep. Phone Post
10/28/12 10:20 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this would be a big fight $$$$$$$$$$

10/28/12 10:22 PM
Farewell Brock

Goderson Silva -
Farewell Brock - 
Goderson Silva -
Farewell Brock -  Could see Anderson accepting this fight. Considering his comments about fighting a small opponent in gsp this would be right up his alley Phone Post

awwwww butthurt
How am I butthurt? I'm stating that Anderson is basically asking for fights vs smaller guys who don't really stand much of a chance at beating him... Phone Post

No the arguably #2 P4P fighter in the world doesn't stand a chance at beating him.

ofcourse he stands a chance at beating him. It's all about the $$$$ and GSP is a huge draw.

Not that i want to see this fight because i like both fighters but some of you guys are saying it because he wants to fight someone smaller, ridiculous. He wants a bigger payday he is coming to the end.
Dude Anderson himself said he'd prefer to fight gsp because gsp is smaller and winy hit him as mmuch.

I respect Anderson in the cage. He is clearly the goat. But from what he said in that last inrevirw, this fight sounds like it would be right up his alley. Phone Post
10/28/12 10:35 PM
Lazer MMA

Goderson Silva - 
Farewell Brock - 
Goderson Silva -

awwwww butthurt

No the arguably #2 P4P fighter in the world doesn't stand a chance at beating him.

ofcourse he stands a chance at beating him. It's all about the $$$$ and GSP is a huge draw.

Not that i want to see this fight because i like both fighters but some of you guys are saying it because he wants to fight someone smaller, ridiculous. He wants a bigger payday he is coming to the end.

Well amazingly it seems GSP does not think so. He keeps saying no and only at 170! He never wanted the fight

I think AS should go to 170 or leave him alone. I do feel bad for GSP.

Also amazingly AS said GSP was 'easier and smaller' (than JBJ).

JBJ is the biggest fight and there is no way around it. If they both stay unbeaten, who knows that one may come off although AS has said no many times.
10/28/12 10:41 PM
ChaosOverkill
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inb4 the obligatory "Nick wins easy!!! DERP DERPA" fanboy.

I'd love to see Nick make a competitive fight out of it but I just don't see it

10/28/12 10:48 PM
Lazer MMA

Who did I say I like? I really have no dog here at all Goderson. I can quote JBj back to Gracie mag. saying he wants the fight with AS as I have before.

At some point AS said they were friends and then JBJ admitted that AS was his hero and he did not want to call the smaller man out.

As soon as AS says OK JBJ will meat him directly, no question. If they stay unbeaten we can only hope it happens. The fight is there for the taking for AS he he wants it and I think we all know that.

10/28/12 10:49 PM
Lazer MMA

ChaosOverkill - 

inb4 the obligatory "Nick wins easy!!! DERP DERPA" fanboy.

I'd love to see Nick make a competitive fight out of it but I just don't see it

I really want the Nick Hendo fight, to much fun to pass up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.