UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Women in UFC a huge leap for women's sports?

10/28/12 10:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In short, they have been nothing but fair. They have given the women a fair shake, and that's all that can be asked of them.

At some point soon -- maybe it will take months, maybe a couple of years -- White says he will pull the women to his octagon as his next drawing card. That means the opportunity to potentially make huge money for the few who can break through as headliners. Many have mused about what a Rousey-Cyborg fight would look like on pay-per-view, and with the proper buildup, there's no doubt it would do a huge number, one that could potentially offer each participant a seven-figure payday.

That would be unprecedented in the world of combat sports, and would immediately put both among the highest-paid female athletes in the world.

As of right now, these are only possibilities and conjecture. There is no real timeframe for a move, as all of Zuffa's female fighters are locked into the Strikeforce/Showtime deal. It's also possible that White changes his mind. Or that Rousey fizzles out. Or that something unexpected happens that scuttles the plan to bring women to the UFC.

read entire article...

10/28/12 10:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldnt mind seeing i, just dont flood cards with it. With the amount of cards they have a couple fights here and there woudlnt hurt
10/28/12 10:27 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goderson Silva - Do not want to see women fight. It is horrible. Phone Post
If you love the sport of MMA there is nothing horrible about it.

War Women's MMA Phone Post
10/28/12 10:36 PM
DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

I'll never be able to understand why anyone thinks WMMA fights are bad or boring or less entertaining to watch than men's fights. Many times the women's fights steal the show.

10/28/12 10:39 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -

Huh? It's not like WMMA has been around from the start, so I can't love MMA because I don't want a womens division?

I don't like women beating the shit out of each other it is disturbing. Phone Post
Huh?!? You think women have just stated training Martial Arts? You think there hasn't been tough women in Law enforcement and the military for decades now? There not beating the shit out of each other ... There competing in a sport just like men? Just dont understand why it matters what gender the competitors are... If you like mma who gives a shit who's throwing the Overhand Right, Locking in the Triangle or getting the Takedown! Phone Post
10/28/12 10:41 PM
GarlicSauce

Goderson Silva -  Do not want to see women fight. It is horrible. Phone Post

Go watch Tate Vs. Kedzie.
10/28/12 10:44 PM
RKing85
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Women in the UFC would do nothing to advance women's sport in the grand scheme of things. Not one thing.
10/28/12 10:46 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -

Huh? It's not like WMMA has been around from the start, so I can't love MMA because I don't want a womens division?

I don't like women beating the shit out of each other it is disturbing. Phone Post
Huh?!? You think women have just stated training Martial Arts? You think there hasn't been tough women in Law enforcement and the military for decades now? There not beating the shit out of each other ... There competing in a sport just like men? Just dont understand why it matters what gender the competitors are... If you like mma who gives a shit who's throwing the Overhand Right, Locking in the Triangle or getting the Takedown! Phone Post
No what I'm saying is I didn't fall in love with MMA because of women fighting I fell in love with mma years before I seen my first women's fight. Not my thing would rather watch men fight instead. Phone Post
As did I... What's the difference... I like watching 2 people willingly put themselves in there and compete! Don't care what gender , sexual preference or disability they have... If they want to compete and put what they practice to the test, I'm all for it! But no big deal if u don't wanna watch, but you shouldn't disrespect all the Mothers,Sisters,Aunts,Nieces and Daughters that choose to compete and deserve the same respect n Rewards that the men get. Phone Post
10/28/12 10:51 PM
BigEyedFish

its huge for women's MMA. Thats it.

Not for all women's sports. Why would it be?
10/28/12 10:54 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -

No what I'm saying is I didn't fall in love with MMA because of women fighting I fell in love with mma years before I seen my first women's fight. Not my thing would rather watch men fight instead. Phone Post
As did I... What's the difference... I like watching 2 people willingly put themselves in there and compete! Don't care what gender , sexual preference or disability they have... If they want to compete and put what they practice to the test, I'm all for it! But no big deal if u don't wanna watch, but you shouldn't disrespect all the Mothers,Sisters,Aunts,Nieces and Daughters that choose to compete and deserve the same respect n Rewards that the men get. Phone Post
I haven't disrespected nobody. I just stated that its not a nice thing to watch as I don't like seeing girls being knocked out etc that's probably the opposite from disrespect. Phone Post
Actually you said its Horrible.... I realize now I may be wasting my breath. If you don't think that's being disrespectful your either 14 or just looking to troll .., either way, I bid you a gd night sir ! Phone Post
10/28/12 10:56 PM
dangerboy12
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 

I love basketball, but I'm not real big on the WNBA, and the WNBA has 100x the talent womens MMA has.
10/28/12 10:57 PM
Chomas
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a big fan either. Phone Post
10/28/12 11:06 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Goderson Silva -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -

I haven't disrespected nobody. I just stated that its not a nice thing to watch as I don't like seeing girls being knocked out etc that's probably the opposite from disrespect. Phone Post
Actually you said its Horrible.... I realize now I may be wasting my breath. If you don't think that's being disrespectful your either 14 or just looking to troll .., either way, I bid you a gd night sir ! Phone Post
Yes it's horrible seeing girls outcold, do you enjoy seeing that? Phone Post
I don't enjoy seeing anyone out cold, but I love watching the Strike, choke or slam that put said person to sleep...don't like seeing limbs being contorted but I like watching the skill it took to do it!

No worries kid, if you don't like it, don't watch it, just don't talk shit about it! Phone Post
10/28/12 11:15 PM
HenryO

dangerboy12 - 
UGCTT_El Pescadero - 

I love basketball, but I'm not real big on the WNBA, and the WNBA has 100x the talent womens MMA has.

Tuning into a different broadcast is a lot different then say one 20 minute womens fight being a part of a 3 hour broadcast
10/28/12 11:19 PM
dangerboy12
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that's 20 minutes of a broadcast I just don't care to see. The talent level in women's MMA is just way too low to be taken seriously. I'm not even going to compare them to the men like we do in other sports, I'm comparing them to other female athletes. It's just not there. It *might* be on the same level as lingerie football.
10/29/12 1:27 AM
Strategy101

Edited: 10/29/12 1:30 AM
To those who think that womens MMA isnt deep enough in talent to warrant a spot in the UFC, I'd simply like to say that without opportunity the desire for women to become mixed martial artists simply isnt there.

Its no different than it was in the early stages for men. The most athletic and talented men went to other sports because there were more opportunities and far more money. Just now are we finally starting to see fighters who are physically gifted enough to excel at other sports, choose mixed martial arts over the NFL, NBA, or MLS.

For "depth" to occur in the womens side of MMA, they must first be given similar levels of opportunity/fortune that we men have been given. While mens MMA is finally becoming a mainstream sport, the female side of things is just in its infancy (by comparison) and will still take time to grow before it can fairly be compared to its brotherly counterpart.

I'll still never understand why so many "true fans" are against womens MMA... a fight is a fight, and maybe I'm just some sadistic SOB, but there arent enough fights to satisfy my desires... man or woman, if you can put on an exciting fight I dont give two sh*ts about your gender, I just want to see a f*cking awesome fight.
10/29/12 1:34 AM
Jons Forsberg

I support women's MMA.
10/29/12 1:59 AM
58miles

gillyoteen - 

mma is an individual sport, not a team sport, it's much easier to find enough exceptional athletes to make up a female division in an individual sport

mma is where the money is at for women right now, so you will see the best female boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, bbj practitioners gravitating towards mma, as it's already happening

the female mma has all the potential to explode

MMA is where the money is at for women? In what weird alternative universe, LOL!!!!!!

10 Highest Paid Female Athletes in the World 2012:
#1 Maria Sharapova – $27.1 million
#2 Li Na – $18.4 million
#3 Serena Williams – $16.3 million
#4 Caroline Wizniacki – $13.7 million
#5 Danica Patrick – $13 million
#6 Victoria Azarenka – $9.7 million
#7 Kim Yuna – $9 million
#8 Ana Ivanovic – $7.2 million
#9 Agnieszka Radwanska – $6.9 million
#10 Yani Tseng – $6.1 million
http://www.gsports247.com/highest-paid-athletes-world-2012-female/

7 of the top 10 paid female athletes are tennis players and in the top 25 there are even more tennis players. Tennis is without question where the money is for women athletes. Which is why so many more elite women athletes are tennis players compared to other sports.

In comparison the pay in WMMA, well let's put it this way; Serena Williams probably spends more on her weekly ass massages than any WMMA fighter today has made in their careers so far. She's probably spends more on her last 2 cars or on current and future little presents for her newest boy-toy than any WMMA fighter could ever possibly hope to make in their entire careers.
10/29/12 2:12 AM
Brian J DSouza

Now women will have the same chance to earn sub-standard wages and give up all their rights as the men in the UFC already enjoy. You've come a long way, baby!
10/29/12 4:11 AM
stonepony

Brian J DSouza - Now women will have the same chance to earn sub-standard wages and give up all their rights as the men in the UFC already enjoy. You've come a long way, baby!

Or, they could go get a contract with Affliction, where retards who were too stupid to run a sensible business model were throwing around huge money.

Oh wait they failed huh? Yeah, that's what the UFC should do. Smart. Instead of creating MMA as a serious sport, and the expanding the market to the global powerhouse it is now, they could spend themselves to death and fire all the fighters when they tank. Really, so smart.
10/29/12 4:15 AM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sports Entertainment...

10/29/12 4:16 AM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

58miles - 
gillyoteen - 

mma is an individual sport, not a team sport, it's much easier to find enough exceptional athletes to make up a female division in an individual sport

mma is where the money is at for women right now, so you will see the best female boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, bbj practitioners gravitating towards mma, as it's already happening

the female mma has all the potential to explode

MMA is where the money is at for women? In what weird alternative universe, LOL!!!!!!

10 Highest Paid Female Athletes in the World 2012:
#1 Maria Sharapova – $27.1 million
#2 Li Na – $18.4 million
#3 Serena Williams – $16.3 million
#4 Caroline Wizniacki – $13.7 million
#5 Danica Patrick – $13 million
#6 Victoria Azarenka – $9.7 million
#7 Kim Yuna – $9 million
#8 Ana Ivanovic – $7.2 million
#9 Agnieszka Radwanska – $6.9 million
#10 Yani Tseng – $6.1 million
http://www.gsports247.com/highest-paid-athletes-world-2012-female/

7 of the top 10 paid female athletes are tennis players and in the top 25 there are even more tennis players. Tennis is without question where the money is for women athletes. Which is why so many more elite women athletes are tennis players compared to other sports.

In comparison the pay in WMMA, well let's put it this way; Serena Williams probably spends more on her weekly ass massages than any WMMA fighter today has made in their careers so far. She's probably spends more on her last 2 cars or on current and future little presents for her newest boy-toy than any WMMA fighter could ever possibly hope to make in their entire careers.

LOL there is a reason Gina Carano is doing movies and not fighting...

10/29/12 5:12 AM
Brian J DSouza

Instead of creating MMA as a serious sport, and the expanding the market to the global powerhouse it is now, they could spend themselves to death and fire all the fighters when they tank.

How is a sport where Kimbo Slice can qualify for a title shot if he draws enough ratings/PPV buys/live gate?

Was MMA not a global phenomenon when there were competing promotions like PRIDE?

What do you think happens to the profit that Zuffa makes? Are you saying that it gets re-invested into money-losing foreign shows, and money-losing television shows?

10/29/12 6:18 AM
Nexuscrawlers
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love women's mma. they put on great fights. all of the invicta cards have been great cards. there is a lot of talent at the lower weights. too bad everyone thinks 135 and 145 are the main divisions. tons of talent in the 100-115 range.

10/29/12 8:20 AM
CindyO

Upperbutt - Well..you might read this and think that I'm a bit of a reactionary, but here's my stance on women in general that also includes WMMA. I think that all women, starting at the age of say..16, should be rounded up by a governement organisation and then be equally distributed to the male populace of the nation for use as cooks, cleaning-ladies,
decorators and similar tasks best suited to females.
They would of course satisfy all of our sexual needs as we see fit. When they aren't serving us cold beers or bj's, they'd be
conveniently stowed away in their own little cell in the basement.So i say to hell with this WMMA. Women aren't as strong as men, so they can't be great fighters. MMA is all about finding out who the strongest individual on the planet is right? Since that can't be a woman whats the point of having WMMA?? Women are a liability in any field of work that is best carried out by a man, be it firefighting, policing, army operations on cutting down trees. Only a fool would disagree with with any of these blatant truths, so no Ronda in the UFC,NFL,NHL or NRA.She should get sentenced to serve as an intern with Martha Stewart to learn how to clean her house, that place looks like a convention of crack-heads had a rave in there.

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

Upperbutt.

MMA is all about finding out who the strongest individual on the planet is right?

No. That sounds like the Worlds Strongest Man contest. Was Royce the strongest?

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.