UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Writing your prayers out?

10/30/12 12:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recently i write out how i feel and my prayers to God. My thankfulness of his Love, Grace, etc. Of course i pray and speak faith aloud but after writing how good he his or my thankfulness or a request i feel so encouraged so loved so joyful of the Lord. Has anyone done this or do this? What are some ways you stay encouraged or strong in faith? I thought i'd share how i blessed i feel. anyone have anything feel free. Phone Post
10/30/12 12:55 PM
thedogofdogs
1023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cwazy wabbit inc, Sir Knight

yes...King David first and foremost....and most medern day hermetics.

10/30/12 1:09 PM
gord96
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep a journal that I write in a few times a day. Almost a discussion with God or the divine. Sometimes prayers, sometimes thanks, most of the time me rambling about trees or clouds or how a blade of grass looks as it pokes out from the snow. Also use it to record my meditations and insights I get from them.
10/30/12 3:01 PM
zaiontz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It feels so refreshing like God is hearing your thoughts as you write which he obviously does but man i just recently started right before i made this post and feel his presence everytime i do so. Phone Post
10/30/12 10:12 PM
micmac

Have never written out my prayers, but sounds like it's working for you. Wherever you put them, prayers work. Phone Post
10/31/12 7:49 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zaiontz - It feels so refreshing like God is hearing your thoughts as you write which he obviously does but man i just recently started right before i made this post and feel his presence everytime i do so. Phone Post
Stay with it...ESPECIALLY if times get rough...and be honest, he knows it already anyway, lol

There is no telling where he will take it, and for sure if he shows up like he does Phone Post
10/31/12 11:22 PM
zaiontz

Yeah times are tough at the moment but i already have victory and it keeps me encouraged to go back and pray aloud what i wrote with authority. It's truely an amazing experience that i thought i should share. Phone Post
11/1/12 12:26 AM
thedogofdogs
1023 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cwazy wabbit inc, Sir Knight

it worked well for king david.

11/1/12 10:00 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zaiontz - Yeah times are tough at the moment but i already have victory and it keeps me encouraged to go back and pray aloud what i wrote with authority. It's truely an amazing experience that i thought i should share. Phone Post
And thanks for sharing. As a writer I can appreciate and be encouraged to try this myself more often Phone Post
11/4/12 11:20 AM
YoungGunABKJ
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it is a very powerful tool to use. plus you can look back later in life and it may help you all over again or someone else. and you can see how you have grown closer to the lord in prayer. i say keep it up
11/4/12 11:49 PM
zaiontz

I atleast write one prayer out a day starting out but for some reason i just have alot to say in the spirit haha Phone Post
11/5/12 11:23 AM
DyingBreed

zaiontz - I atleast write one prayer out a day starting out but for some reason i just have alot to say in the spirit haha Phone Post
That's because your spirit knows a lot more than your mind bro! Haha. Something I sometimes do while praying in the spirit is "lean in" with my mind and try to listen to what my spirit is saying. Try it out sometime...make your mind fruitful as Paul mentioned during.

Also, ask for fire while there if you haven't lately. I got it one time on a Sunday morning at church with a full house. People four rows back were holding their ears! Phone Post
11/6/12 12:29 AM
zaiontz

If you dont mind please explain the part about asking for fire. What exactly will that bring? I "lean in" every now and then even though i dont know exactly what im saying i can feel the the words saying very deep things. Phone Post
11/6/12 3:26 AM
DyingBreed

The fire of God is his very strong presence that will burn anything out of you that he doesn't want there. It changed my life. It may scare you a little because you are all too aware that you are imperfect flesh and soul in the presence of a perfect holy God...but if you are hungry, you will embrace it anyway.

When it happened to me, God pulled me into a vision that involved veils, and three possible futures. A year later, one veil ripped, and the other two haven't. I don't talk much about my experiences with God because they sometimes are misunderstood, and I won't have them mocked Phone Post
11/6/12 3:28 AM
DyingBreed

Just keep pressing in, ESPECIALLY when you don't feel like it. God has some amazing things for those who "hunger and thirst for righteousness" Phone Post
11/6/12 11:10 PM
zaiontz

Amen bro. Today i just felt like giving up but i know God has something for me i just feel it. No matter how many tears i cry i know He's going to bless me abundantly. Phone Post
11/7/12 2:58 AM
DyingBreed

He will

Just know that it's not just for YOU. You get filled to overflowing so that others will benefit from the overflow. The very fact you are overflowing indicates it is more than you need, so it must be ministered to others in order for the current to remain active and not stagnate Phone Post
11/7/12 10:45 AM
zaiontz

Yes and while im waiting patiently for abundance i plant seeds into friends who dont know God or are scared to trust in them. It's so refreshing knowing that i dont have to ask if i can be a blessing to others but knowing that i already am. I use that concept to give my all to God, serving giving and reaching out in the glory of the Lord. Phone Post
11/7/12 1:39 PM
DyingBreed

I'm just assuming you are young...in your 20's maybe? Phone Post
11/8/12 1:22 PM
zaiontz

19 Phone Post
11/8/12 4:23 PM
TeaBaggedbyMagicUndies
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Writing prayers sounds like a good idea. Phone Post
11/9/12 3:39 AM
DyingBreed

zaiontz - 19 Phone Post
Dude. I was 19 when I came to God. PLEASE don't waste the first 15 years riding the fence, backsliding, returning, backsliding, etc like I did. Run with all he gives you Phone Post
11/10/12 2:02 AM
zaiontz

That's the plan man i'm tired of knowing there's more God has for me and turning away like he doesn't exist. He has always shown me he's there every single time i basically rejected him but yet he still loved me even through it all (still does). I'm just hungry for more. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.