UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Freitas: have you been washed away?

10/30/12 4:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FCTV808
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hurricane?
10/30/12 10:06 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He mighta got stabbed and thrown into the flood by the crazy middle east guy he booted outta the restaurant several months back. Guy used the hurricane as good opportunity?
10/30/12 10:55 PM
FCTV808
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

possibly?
10/31/12 8:01 AM
JIMMYNAKS
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he's using his time wisely..... Like with that young cute waitress?
11/2/12 1:34 PM
PatrickFreitas
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm alive.  barely.

my restaurant and home are in darkness because of the storm.  no electricity expected until Saturday night 11pm.  the power went down on Monday 830pm, so thats a long time without power.  i like camping, but the non-electric lifestyle started to get old by Wednesday night.  hotel rooms are sold out, so we couldnt move to a better situation.  subways and mass transit have been down, so its difficult to travel to areas that have power.  and - even if you do find a neighborhood with power - all the businesses are packed with people fighting for outlets to charge their phones and computers.  good thing for me is that i own a bike, i easily travel.  problem is my girlfriend is on foot, so - if this were the actual apocalypse -  i'd have to leave her behind for the wolves, zombies, micros, or whatever to dine upon.  she's slowing me down to much.  dead weight.

one good thing about my dead-weight-GF is that her sister is a graphic designer at MTV/Viacom.  so today she let us come up to her department to get computer access.  the graphic dept intern is out today, so i've got her office for the time being:

11/2/12 1:44 PM
PatrickFreitas
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

another thing about the storm...

after the power went out on Monday night at my restaurant, all the guests and staff went on their way.  but i stayed behind.  i put all the candles in the middle of the restaurant, sat down and ate a baguette and drank some cheap Beaujolais.  around midnight people in the neighborhood started to show up, asked if they could hang out in the restaurant.  i said "sure."  they all left and came back with wine, champagne, and beer.  i provided the glassware.  we partied until about 2am.  

later a photographer from Reuters news agency saw our candle-lit party.  he asked if we he could photo the scene.  again, i said "sure."

so the next day this pic ran prominently in the NYTimes and other newspapers & websites around the world:

11/2/12 2:25 PM
JIMMYNAKS
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool story Bro! Phone Post
11/2/12 2:25 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Glad you're ok Phone Post
11/2/12 3:30 PM
FCTV808

NOT ENOUGH HAPE OR PILLAGING!
11/2/12 9:18 PM
Moke
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how many kids are gonna be born in 9 months?
11/2/12 10:01 PM
PatrickFreitas

too many
11/2/12 10:03 PM
PatrickFreitas

in other news, my electricity is back. just took my first warm shower since Monday
11/2/12 11:10 PM
Moke
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NICE! Nothing is as nice and generally taken for grated than hot indoor running water.
11/3/12 4:01 AM
ausk
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad you're doing alright Pat! My wife was supposed to fly up to JFK on Tuesday. Her flight was cancelled, but she still got payed for flight time, which was cool for us, since she was able to spend Halloween @home.

Watching Sandy wreak havoc upon NY/NJ was somewhat similar to watching 9/11 for me. I spent some time up in Cape May training for the Coast Guard 14yrs ago, so a lot of the damage was hard for me to believe(Boardwalk, for example). After training, we spent some time in NY doing touristy things like going to Greenwich Village for some Jazz Bars, Central Park, Times Square, Broadway, and going up to the top of the World Trade Center. I have some great memories of those places, and to see the destruction, it breaks my heart(no homo).
11/5/12 8:40 PM
Dr. Shocker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatrickFreitas - 

another thing about the storm...

after the power went out on Monday night at my restaurant, all the guests and staff went on their way.  but i stayed behind.  i put all the candles in the middle of the restaurant, sat down and ate a baguette and drank some cheap Beaujolais.  around midnight people in the neighborhood started to show up, asked if they could hang out in the restaurant.  i said "sure."  they all left and came back with wine, champagne, and beer.  i provided the glassware.  we partied until about 2am.  

later a photographer from Reuters news agency saw our candle-lit party.  he asked if we he could photo the scene.  again, i said "sure."

so the next day this pic ran prominently in the NYTimes and other newspapers & websites around the world:

is that a ghey bar?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.