UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> AC III reviews?

10/30/12 11:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supraHAM - 
Rightious K - honestly I have had to repeat 3 of the first 5 missions due to bugs...really disappointing
What system are you on? Phone Post

xbox 360
10/31/12 12:31 AM
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrentP - 

Lol console problems

I know right.
take the good with the bad
10/31/12 5:41 AM
Oppsicrappedmypants
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how you ask for a review and 4/5 of these posts are people telling you when they are going to get the game like anyone cares? Phone Post
10/31/12 6:51 AM
RobMcKenzie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About two hours in.
Quite slow, but enjoying it.

Haven't played AC since the first one and I got bored of that real quickly due to the repetitiveness, but this looks so good had to give it a go.

I've just finished sleeping dogs and batman (few months ago) and am really enjoying the combat so far.
The reloading on the guns in shit. Really frustrating.

Graphics are mind blowing and the atmosphere is awesome in the towns (only up to Boston).
How they've managed to get 100 people doing different shit on the screen at once is incredible.
10/31/12 9:06 AM
Granpa
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The glitches are really annoying. Had to restart the game three times already due to glitches. This reeks of Star Wars KOTOR 2 rush job. I hope I'm wrong.
10/31/12 9:10 AM
Silhouette
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what kinds of glitches and bugs are happening?

are they major or minor?
10/31/12 12:30 PM
Rightious K

I have had NPC's get "stuck" so you cant sneak past ares, I have had NPC randomly appear out of thin air and when I had a mission in which on NPC was suppose to lead a group of enemies into an ambush he got stuck and with him the whole group of enemies..kinda funny but really fucking annoying .

The game has like a 6 hour back-story/tutorial phase with (in my opinion) an insanely obvious twist. just got through that so hopefully things pick up.
10/31/12 6:54 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The game is fantastic and the graphics are beautiful. I'm almost half way through the story now, and it's the best game of the series by far. Even if you haven't played the others, I recommend picking this game up. Phone Post
10/31/12 6:55 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heard that the environment is bigger than RDR's? anybody confirm this?
11/1/12 9:57 AM
metalzombie83
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DO NOT read the profiles of the characters as you meet them, fucking spoilers in their own fucking game gggrrrrrrr!!!!

Other than that the other occasional glitch i can live with.....great game Phone Post
11/1/12 6:13 PM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glitch free for me so far on ps3. Phone Post
11/1/12 6:56 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now I see why it got an 8.5 rating. The ending was very disappointing. Phone Post
11/1/12 11:45 PM
choadler
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IF ON 360, GET THE DAY ONE PATCH!!!

It clears all the glitches. I'm guesing many above aren't online. I just got a chance to play today. Graphics incredible, no glitches at all.

They knew they had some bad glitches in 360 version, but they were all corrected with the patch available on release day. Connect and get the patch.

I do think that patches are bullshit, but it's really not a big deal. Just connect.

11/5/12 5:48 PM
Granpa
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best story and acting in any game ever. Starts off really, really, really slow, but once it gets going, it's unbelievably good.
11/5/12 9:46 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hated the fucking ending:

Spoilers***********

desmond deserved better. That was my only issue.

End spoilers******* Phone Post
11/5/12 9:55 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache

TheZa - I hated the fucking ending:

Spoilers***********

desmond deserved better. That was my only issue.

End spoilers******* Phone Post
Yeah. It fucking bummed me out. Phone Post
11/6/12 11:38 AM
KingD87
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa - Best story and acting in any game ever. Starts off really, really, really slow, but once it gets going, it's unbelievably good.
Yeah that's my main issue, starts way too slow.

I like the hunting aspect, nice break from the main story.

The world is huge, and as mentioned, awesome graphics! Phone Post
11/6/12 2:50 PM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much is it the 1700's story and how much is that weird future story?

also, how is the ship parts?
11/6/12 5:20 PM
maantren
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - How much is it the 1700's story and how much is that weird future story?

also, how is the ship parts?

I'm about halfway through the game. So far, the vast majority is 1700s (covering about 20 years), with only a few small enforced intervals in the modern day. Seems like you could probably spend more time as Desmond (modern guy) if you wanted to, but I can't see anyone doing that.

There are still a fair number of glitches on the Xbox 360 version, and at first it seems v linear, but once you get into playing the main character (NOT the guy you are at the very start) and have a homestead, things open up awesomely. It's a really good combination of city stuff, wilderness (very like Red Dead Redemption in places), homesteading, and seafaring. The naval bits are surprisingly fun, atmosphere is great and it really feels like you're piloting the vessel.

Definitely the best AC game so far IMO, despite the lingering glitches and annoying bits. Highly recommended if you like epic storytelling.
11/6/12 9:47 PM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks mantrenn. I'll give you a vote up when I'm not on my phone. Phone Post
11/7/12 6:20 PM
supersaiyan

yeah..i cant wait to get outta that "colonial" garb outfit and really start doing some stuff for real.. i was wondering when i can finally become the badass Assassin dude :)
11/7/12 11:59 PM
masenkablast

The writing in this game blows all of the others away... you really start to go back-and-forth as to who's right, templars or assassins...

If you read all of the notes, Desmond's father tells him that in modern times they started to join up with the templars for much the same reason. Also, the final assassination sequence is bad ass! Also if you want true closure, go visit the two epilogue missions after the credits.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

The 2nd epilogue is where Connor realizes he pretty much enabled the atrocities his race would face for a long time to come. Phone Post
11/8/12 12:35 AM
OkStateGrappla
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

masenkablast - The writing in this game blows all of the others away... you really start to go back-and-forth as to who's right, templars or assassins...

If you read all of the notes, Desmond's father tells him that in modern times they started to join up with the templars for much the same reason. Also, the final assassination sequence is bad ass! Also if you want true closure, go visit the two epilogue missions after the credits.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

The 2nd epilogue is where Connor realizes he pretty much enabled the atrocities his race would face for a long time to come. Phone Post
I turned off once the credits rolled, I'll have to check it out. How do I go back and play those? Phone Post
11/8/12 4:23 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache

OkStateGrappla -
masenkablast - The writing in this game blows all of the others away... you really start to go back-and-forth as to who's right, templars or assassins...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I turned off once the credits rolled, I'll have to check it out. How do I go back and play those? Phone Post
This. I had no idea about those. Phone Post
11/8/12 6:53 PM
HanzoSword
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OkStateGrappla - 

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

there will still be a "main mission" marker on the map

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.