UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> best way to market gym?

10/30/12 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VICT0R
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's up y'all?

just recently opened up my muay thai gym in the 'westside' part of LA. just wrapping up my first month and really only have a handful of students. anyone have some tips that work for you guys?

i know about the lloyd irvins marketing stuff and use some of it but i want to hear some stuff from some grassroots level people. thanks for your time, appreciate it!

http://thaiboxinginstitute.net
10/31/12 4:59 PM
moabwarrior
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just starting out is tuff,when i first opend my gym i would get some of my students (the ones who are fired up about you and training)and take them out and hand out flyers about the gym that have a free class coupon attached to it.worked for me untill i could get enuff money to advertise correctly

good luck
11/1/12 6:37 AM
OUTCOLD
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your website is a little busy.

Try offering first class or week free.

Free private lessons for the first 5, 10 or whatever to sign up 3 months.

Post about your school in the UG and maybe purchase a business membership for the site to help promote your school.

Offer a kids class.

Goodluck with it Bro.
11/1/12 9:15 PM
Kurle
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

offer a women's only class. Women and kids pay the bills
12/8/12 8:05 PM
VICT0R
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank you guys for all your suggestions!
12/9/12 12:04 AM
Bryan72
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to Master Lloyds event in January :) Phone Post
12/9/12 9:05 AM
FistofLegends
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

moabwarrior - just starting out is tuff,when i first opend my gym i would get some of my students (the ones who are fired up about you and training)and take them out and hand out flyers about the gym that have a free class coupon attached to it.worked for me untill i could get enuff money to advertise correctly

good luck

Create some genuinely helpful and free videos and post them onto YouTube.

Create social media accounts and start engaging with your target audience, offering genuinely helpful information.

Try not to be to pushy with the selling bit.

Good luck.
12/12/12 5:15 PM
glock4life
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Facebook has helped me to bring in maybe 25percent of my student base.but not advertising on Facebook. Just by my students and fighters posting statuses about the gym or the good workouts, or getting ready for fights. Also occasionally posting videos of group classes or pad work, etc. I usually get one or two messages a month thru Facebook I quoting about my gym. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.