UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Clearance Gi Sale (Single, Double, Kids & More)

10/30/12 7:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
modern
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/12 7:35 PM
Warrior-One.Com Martial Arts Supply, Owner

Hey Everyone,

We are liquidating the stock of many of our grappling uniforms (single weave, double weave, etc.) and you won't believe how low the prices are. So if you need a gi (or any other supplies), go place your order now at www.warrior-one.com , plus you'll get flat rate shipping of $9.99!

Thanks,

Keven

Warrior-One Martial Arts Supply 15550 - 27th Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98155

(206) 697-9003

www.warrior-one.com

10/31/12 12:38 PM
modern

ttt

10/31/12 2:17 PM
Judo Scott
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.. I really liked the doubles. The special edition my son got is holding up great for him.
10/31/12 7:34 PM
modern

Judo Scott - Nice.. I really liked the doubles. The special edition my son got is holding up great for him.

Hey Judo Scott,

Excellent, glad the gi's worked out for you and your son :-)

Thanks for your business,

Keven

10/31/12 8:58 PM
swiftnhbfighter

Are they bjj or judo go's? Phone Post
10/31/12 8:59 PM
swiftnhbfighter

Gi's, sorry... Phone Post
10/31/12 9:30 PM
temp219290
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks
10/31/12 11:32 PM
modern

swiftnhbfighter -  Are they bjj or judo go's? Phone Post

Hi Swift,

These are a hybrid gi that were cut to be not too tight like some bjj gi's, but they also are not as baggy as a judo gi.  You can see in the pictures the cut and look.  The model in the pictures is 5'7" and 175 lbs, wearing a size 4 gi that hasn't been washed.

Hope that helps,

Keven

11/1/12 12:20 AM
swiftnhbfighter

Thank you. Phone Post
11/1/12 9:12 AM
Judo Scott
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty much judo gi's that are a bit slimmer. The skirts are still really long.

My notes on them:
- I didn't like the special edition pants. Mine ripped at the crotch and were a bit baggy. My son's however are doing great.
- The pants the come with the double weave are a dream IMO
- Don't bleach the special edition top. Sometimes I add a bit of bleach, like a couple cap fulls, to my gi's to defunk them but it ruined the special edition.
- The double weave top is so thick it rips fingernails when people grab it. I love it. LOL..

11/1/12 9:14 AM
Judo Scott

@Modern - I don't know it you can but if you shortened the doubles skirt a few inches I think it would be perfect. Just my 2 cents. Just the same I love it for a training gi.
11/1/12 9:34 AM
mmanthebay
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo Scott - @Modern - I don't know it you can but if you shortened the doubles skirt a few inches I think it would be perfect. Just my 2 cents. Just the same I love it for a training gi.
I agree!!! Phone Post
11/1/12 9:40 AM
mmanthebay
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo Scott - Nice.. I really liked the doubles. The special edition my son got is holding up great for him.
I've got two doubles. I really like them. Phone Post
11/1/12 2:29 PM
modern

Edited: 11/01/12 3:40 PM
Judo Scott - @Modern - I don't know it you can but if you shortened the doubles skirt a few inches I think it would be perfect. Just my 2 cents. Just the same I love it for a training gi.

Hi Judo Scott & MMAnthebay,

Thanks for the feedback!  I am a bit surprised that they are considered too long, because that is one thing i focused on changing in the design from a traditional judo gi.  I was trying to find a happy medium between the judo style (that usually was at my knees!) and the bjj style that often too high for my liking.  The goal was to be right at groin level for a clean look.  But it is good to hear the feedback on likes/dislikes.

Thanks,

Keven

11/1/12 3:01 PM
bcronmiller

Just bought two of them... I'll reply regarding the style after I get them but for the price it was a no brainer.
11/1/12 3:04 PM
mmanthebay

modern -
Judo Scott - @Modern - I don't know it you can but if you shortened the doubles skirt a few inches I think it would be perfect. Just my 2 cents. Just the same I love it for a training gi.

Hi Judo Scott & MMAnthebay,

Thanks for the feedback!  I am a bit surprised that they are considered too long, because that is one thing i focused on changing in the design form a traditional judo gi.  I was trying to find a happy medium between the judo style (that usually was at my knees!) and the bjj style that often too high for my liking.  The goal was to be right at groin level for a clean look.  But it is good to hear the feedback on likes/dislikes.

Thanks,

Keven

I think taking off between one to two inches would improve the looks a lot. I'm used to the Gi the way it is now, however when I purchased my white one I was seriously considering having the skirt altered. Phone Post
11/1/12 3:40 PM
modern

bcronmiller - Just bought two of them... I'll reply regarding the style after I get them but for the price it was a no brainer.

Thanks for the order bcronmiller!  Hope you'll enjoy the uniforms.

11/2/12 4:51 PM
TheNothing
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sucks that its $80 shipping to send two gis to ontario. Phone Post
11/3/12 1:59 PM
bcronmiller

I ordered an a2 for my son and an a4 for me and I fit the a2. They are huge. I am going to wash them to see if they shrink at all. The pants were also long but good as well. The price was worth it even if I do not wear the top. However, I am sure it will shrink a little and worst case I can cut the top down a little to make the skirt shorter. Plus they feel like it bunches in the armpits.

In the meantime it is a great way to work on breaking grips. My name will be handles mcgee until I get a little less cloth to grip.

The collar is like a standard gi.

They are not perfect but they were a good value.
11/4/12 11:14 AM
bcronmiller

Edited: 11/04/12 9:34 PM
Edit: Warrior-One.com got back to me and I have the right sizes. I also moved around a little in the Gi and it was fine. The Gi is heavy and a bit long but I felt comfortable rolling around. I just need to drink more water since it gets hot in there.

If they have any left, I would say buy one... It is not a super light competition Gi but it for what it is, I am happy with it.

I received a pm about sizing that the board will not let me respond to so my answer is below.<br /><br />After I washed the A4 gi (inside label reads "6/200") it shrunk down to a size similar to my WAR A4 gi so I would not recommend getting a smaller size. I have not rolled in this gi yet. It is really thick and heavy and it took two runs in the dryer to dry. The thickness may have something to do with how bunched the armpits feel. <br /><br />The pants are big and they do not shrink. I emailed Warrior-One just a few minutes ago to confirm if 4/180 = A2 and 6/200 = A4. I will let you know when I hear back or "Modern" could just reply in this thread. It could be I was just shipped a larger size. <br /><br />Even if I only used the top as an emergency backup it was worth it for the price. I am hoping it will get a little softer with use. I will say that I am far from an expert since I have only been doing BJJ since February. <br /><br />
11/5/12 5:04 PM
Judo Scott

@Keven - I have to order A4s for my monkey like arms but I have an A3 body. Phone Post
11/5/12 5:14 PM
lets get dangerous
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo Scott -

Pretty much judo gi's that are a bit slimmer. The skirts are still really long.

My notes on them:
- I didn't like the special edition pants. Mine ripped at the crotch and were a bit baggy. My son's however are doing great.
- The pants the come with the double weave are a dream IMO
- Don't bleach the special edition top. Sometimes I add a bit of bleach, like a couple cap fulls, to my gi's to defunk them but it ruined the special edition.
- The double weave top is so thick it rips fingernails when people grab it. I love it. LOL..

The pants on mine ripped also but the price I got them for made it worth it. I wear board shorts underneath to avoid my grapes being peeped. My kids gis have no problems and they train 5-6 days a week.

My hybrid gi is awesome. I wore it in comp a couple weeks ago and no one could get grips lol. I will buy another one if my wife ever lets me buy another gi as I now have around 7 gis Phone Post
11/5/12 11:35 PM
grandchampion
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

modern - 

Hey Everyone,

We are liquidating the stock of many of our grappling uniforms (single weave, double weave, etc.) and you won't believe how low the prices are. So if you need a gi (or any other supplies), go place your order now at www.warrior-one.com , plus you'll get flat rate shipping of $9.99!

Thanks,

Keven

(206) 697-9003

www.warrior-one.com

how long for shipping to Indiana...??? made my order yesterday...
11/7/12 12:45 PM
modern

grandchampion - 
modern - 

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

Keven

(206) 697-9003

www.warrior-one.com

how long for shipping to Indiana...??? made my order yesterday...

Hi Grandchampion,

Should be to you in about 7 days :-)  Sooner if you paid for priority shipping.

Thanks for your order!

Keven

www.warrior-one.com

11/7/12 12:47 PM
modern

For everyone,

I will be shipping out orders all day and will check the forum, so if you need any help today (Wednesday), just drop a line here or e-mail me at warrior1seattle@gmail.com

Thanks!

Keven

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.