UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Bulgarian Weight Bags

10/30/12 10:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
superdave08402
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone own and/or use a Bulgarian Weight Bag? How do you like it? Is it a good piece of exercise equipment? Does the Bulgarian Bag build strength and size as we'll as provide a good cardiovascular workout?
11/1/12 4:41 AM
JFC1001
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are amazing. I use them with pull up bars and kettlebells and i never need to step foot in a gym again. Phone Post
11/1/12 11:19 AM
Taku
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is a Bulgarian weight bag somehow different than any other weight bag?

Just wondering.

TAKU

11/1/12 12:54 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just the shape really. I never used one. I've already spent oodles of money on KB's, CB's, and other toys that collect dust in my garage next to my oft used olympic rings and bumper plates. They seem interesting.
11/1/12 3:15 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

erik paulson loves it
11/9/12 10:51 PM
autotech
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can make a similar one using an inner tube for a car or truck tire.
There was a video on you tube. Total investment was around $25.00 I use it the majority of the time when running.

Basically cut the tube in half and twist one end closed use a couple of zip ties to secure it then fill it with sand. Twist the other end and secure it with more zip ties. Then use duct tape to close off each end completely and make handles. I did not add any rope,but you can add some before the tape to make loops if you want. It will leak a little sand and it is not as nice as the commercially sold Bulgarian bags,but for $25.00 how can you go wrong ?
11/10/12 1:48 PM
inoshishi07
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superdave08402 - Does anyone own and/or use a Bulgarian Weight Bag? How do you like it? Is it a good piece of exercise equipment? Does the Bulgarian Bag build strength and size as we'll as provide a good cardiovascular workout?

My son uses one and I've played with it from time to time. I got him the 17lb bag when we was about 90 lbs. Not sure about building size, but it's great for cardio endurance and core stability training. Ivan Ivanov is the real deal and his Suples Gyms are getting very popular now.
11/10/12 2:18 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

autotech - You can make a similar one using an inner tube for a car or truck tire.
There was a video on you tube. Total investment was around $25.00 I use it the majority of the time when running.

Basically cut the tube in half and twist one end closed use a couple of zip ties to secure it then fill it with sand. Twist the other end and secure it with more zip ties. Then use duct tape to close off each end completely and make handles. I did not add any rope,but you can add some before the tape to make loops if you want. It will leak a little sand and it is not as nice as the commercially sold Bulgarian bags,but for $25.00 how can you go wrong ?

Really cool idea. Thanks for sharing, auto.
12/2/12 10:53 AM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF is all that stuff? ^
12/2/12 2:03 PM
whaledog
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/12 11:26 PM
Adventure Runner - 
autotech - You can make a similar one using an inner tube for a car or truck tire.

Really cool idea. Thanks for sharing, auto.

I was curious what the Bulgarian bag business was about, and I ran across these:

12/2/12 3:23 PM
autotech
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those are the videos I watched mine came out looking similar. Cheap enough to make make and I do use it a lot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.