UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: Reem doesn't deserve a title fight

10/30/12 11:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Junior dos Santos on Alistair Overeem: “I think he doesn’t deserve to fight for the title. You know this guy, everyone is just talking about him because he failed the drug test and he started to talk a lot of trash, so that is why people are talking about him. Well, his time will come.”

dos Santos on Dana White’s tweet claiming dos Santos wants to fight Overeem over Cain: “I didn’t put Overeem over Cain because they are different. Cain is a real fighter and he sells his fights fighting. It is very different than Overeem. I said that, but it is not the same thing. I keep saying that he doesn’t deserve to fight for the title, but I would love to fight with this guy to put him in his place because I don’t think he is at the same level as me, Cain and other fighters.”

10/31/12 12:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fleshfuck
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yet he calls him out..
10/31/12 12:26 AM
TEN10TEN
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's getting annoying Phone Post
10/31/12 1:19 AM
stonepony

JDS is right. This is going to keep coming up, because people keep asking about it and posting the responses everywhere.

It's obvious that DW and JDS just had some miscommunication. Nobody lied and I don't see either accusing anybody of lying. Junior wants the fight, and he doesn't think Overoids deserves the fight. There's no contradiction there.

No amount of injections are going to give Overoids some new abilities to take a punch of apply his striking in MMA. He's not a top-HW. He's a big monster who gets attention because of his physique. Not because of anything he has done in MMA.
10/31/12 2:23 AM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a JDS fan,and appreciate/respect his skill/work in the octagon. But,this is one of the examples of how he downplays Overeem's elite skills/experience in MMA/K-1/Boxing/MuayThai. Acuatlly he threw the first jab(trash talk) at Reem,calling him a "CHEATER". The fact is Reem never tested positive for not one steroid(he explained the anit-inflamm./Test.injection). Alistair replied with JDS is afraid of me. Everysince JDS has been saying he doesn't deserve the fight,and hes in the school of Sonnen. He like all the mma media jumped the gun like they always do ala steroid related stories. Reem passed every single test before that Random,thats a fact. Look at Reem hes still HUGE after all these months,why would he risk his whole career? If he does fail again,and it effects the UFC. I could see Dana,Lorenzo,Frank cutting him for it this time. Onething nobody,not even JDS can deny Reem of are his skills,experience,and resume since coming to HWT in MMA/K-1. Overeem has had this whole time off from fighting to refine/hone his Boxing/MuayThai/WrestlingO&D,as well as Sumbission/Jujitsu skills. JDS is also gonna be that much more better by the time they do fight. I see this fight as the greatest HWT MMA striking match of all time. DREAM FIGHT!!
10/31/12 2:29 AM
MarkRobinson
1284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its just coming up a lot in interviews so hes constantly reiterating himself. 

Personally, I think JDS vs Overeem is the most interesting HW match up. its about all i care about.

10/31/12 2:32 AM
Hocky Balboa
8500 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/31/12 5:04 AM
superCulo

Don't be scared homie Phone Post
10/31/12 5:32 AM
hendofanforlife
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I dont think the guy I cant stop talking about, even though Im champ, should get a title shot."

Soon as JDS blows through cain, the Reem/JDS match hype can begin. Deservedly or not.
10/31/12 5:43 AM
RicoVelasquez
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife - "I dont think the guy I cant stop talking about, even though Im champ, should get a title shot."

Soon as JDS blows through cain, the Reem/JDS match hype can begin. Deservedly or not.
Soon as JDS blows on cain, the Reem/JDS match hype can begin. Deservedly or not.

Better Phone Post
10/31/12 5:49 AM
The Mammoth
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/31/12 6:54 AM
GelderdEnd

bigdee1983420 - I'm a JDS fan,and appreciate/respect his skill/work in the octagon. But,this is one of the examples of how he downplays Overeem's elite skills/experience in MMA/K-1/Boxing/MuayThai. Acuatlly he threw the first jab(trash talk) at Reem,calling him a "CHEATER". The fact is Reem never tested positive for not one steroid(he explained the anit-inflamm./Test.injection). Alistair replied with JDS is afraid of me. Everysince JDS has been saying he doesn't deserve the fight,and hes in the school of Sonnen. He like all the mma media jumped the gun like they always do ala steroid related stories. Reem passed every single test before that Random,thats a fact. Look at Reem hes still HUGE after all these months,why would he risk his whole career? If he does fail again,and it effects the UFC. I could see Dana,Lorenzo,Frank cutting him for it this time. Onething nobody,not even JDS can deny Reem of are his skills,experience,and resume since coming to HWT in MMA/K-1. Overeem has had this whole time off from fighting to refine/hone his Boxing/MuayThai/WrestlingO&D,as well as Sumbission/Jujitsu skills. JDS is also gonna be that much more better by the time they do fight. I see this fight as the greatest HWT MMA striking match of all time. DREAM FIGHT!!
I can't wait for the fight, but we never really get a contender for a HW battle of all time cos once someone thy big connects its usually over quickly, although it would be amazing if we got a fight of Shogun/Hendo type proportions Phone Post
10/31/12 9:03 AM
BrianStannFan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mammoth - 

"Let me out of this Hell the Reem banished me to!"

10/31/12 4:13 PM
Tilla

bigdee1983420 - I'm a JDS fan,and appreciate/respect his skill/work in the octagon. But,this is one of the examples of how he downplays Overeem's elite skills/experience in MMA/K-1/Boxing/MuayThai. Acuatlly he threw the first jab(trash talk) at Reem,calling him a "CHEATER". The fact is Reem never tested positive for not one steroid(he explained the anit-inflamm./Test.injection). Alistair replied with JDS is afraid of me. Everysince JDS has been saying he doesn't deserve the fight,and hes in the school of Sonnen. He like all the mma media jumped the gun like they always do ala steroid related stories. Reem passed every single test before that Random,thats a fact. Look at Reem hes still HUGE after all these months,why would he risk his whole career? If he does fail again,and it effects the UFC. I could see Dana,Lorenzo,Frank cutting him for it this time. Onething nobody,not even JDS can deny Reem of are his skills,experience,and resume since coming to HWT in MMA/K-1. Overeem has had this whole time off from fighting to refine/hone his Boxing/MuayThai/WrestlingO&D,as well as Sumbission/Jujitsu skills. JDS is also gonna be that much more better by the time they do fight. I see this fight as the greatest HWT MMA striking match of all time. DREAM FIGHT!!

Well said.

Junior wants no piece of Alistair.

Wait til Alistair ragdolls him around and starts hitting him with Knees and Kicks.

I really rate Junior but he hasn't faced a world class striker in his prime. And Alistair is not the first person prime striker that i'd like to face!
10/31/12 6:50 PM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/31/12 8:02 PM
anpack20

bigdee1983420 - I'm a JDS fan,and appreciate/respect his skill/work in the octagon. But,this is one of the examples of how he downplays Overeem's elite skills/experience in MMA/K-1/Boxing/MuayThai. Acuatlly he threw the first jab(trash talk) at Reem,calling him a "CHEATER". The fact is Reem never tested positive for not one steroid(he explained the anit-inflamm./Test.injection). Alistair replied with JDS is afraid of me. Everysince JDS has been saying he doesn't deserve the fight,and hes in the school of Sonnen. He like all the mma media jumped the gun like they always do ala steroid related stories. Reem passed every single test before that Random,thats a fact. Look at Reem hes still HUGE after all these months,why would he risk his whole career? If he does fail again,and it effects the UFC. I could see Dana,Lorenzo,Frank cutting him for it this time. Onething nobody,not even JDS can deny Reem of are his skills,experience,and resume since coming to HWT in MMA/K-1. Overeem has had this whole time off from fighting to refine/hone his Boxing/MuayThai/WrestlingO&D,as well as Sumbission/Jujitsu skills. JDS is also gonna be that much more better by the time they do fight. I see this fight as the greatest HWT MMA striking match of all time. DREAM FIGHT!!

This X 9000.
10/31/12 8:09 PM
Modal Jazz
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought I read somewhere that JDS said Roy was the toughest he ever fought...

10/31/12 10:43 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - 

Well said.

Junior wants no piece of Alistair.

Wait til Alistair ragdolls him around and starts hitting him with Knees and Kicks.

I really rate Junior but he hasn't faced a world class striker in his prime. And Alistair is not the first person prime striker that i'd like to face!

The more Junior downplays Overeems,skills/experience/resume. I'm starting to wonder myself,if he truly wants no part of Overeem. JDS is a bad man there's no denying that,his boxing is elite,the best hands ever at HWT in MMA. I think he knows what Overeem posses are what hes never had to face before in the octagon. Alistair Overeem won the K-1 World Grand Prix in 2010 for a reason. If Reem can KO Badr Hari in a striking match,he can KO JDS in one as well. Look at the beautiful timing/placement when he landed that overhand-right on Ben Edwards. That was masterful,the way he swithed his stance from southpaw to orthodox,and landed that punch. The overhand right,left knee to the body,right hook,left hook combination on Todd Duffee was amazing. He can kill with one shot or by combination,hes a very dangerous striker. I'm not saying JDS is afraid of Overeem,but he does seem to downplay his skills alot.
10/31/12 10:53 PM
bigdee1983420

GelderdEnd - 
bigdee1983420 - I'm a JDS fan,and appreciate/respect his skill/work in the octagon. But,this is one of the examples of how he downplays Overeem's elite skills/experience in MMA/K-1/Boxing/MuayThai. Acuatlly he threw the first jab(trash talk) at Reem,calling him a "CHEATER". The fact is Reem never tested positive for not one steroid(he explained the anit-inflamm./Test.injection). Alistair replied with JDS is afraid of me. Everysince JDS has been saying he doesn't deserve the fight,and hes in the school of Sonnen. He like all the mma media jumped the gun like they always do ala steroid related stories. Reem passed every single test before that Random,thats a fact. Look at Reem hes still HUGE after all these months,why would he risk his whole career? If he does fail again,and it effects the UFC. I could see Dana,Lorenzo,Frank cutting him for it this time. Onething nobody,not even JDS can deny Reem of are his skills,experience,and resume since coming to HWT in MMA/K-1. Overeem has had this whole time off from fighting to refine/hone his Boxing/MuayThai/WrestlingO&D,as well as Sumbission/Jujitsu skills. JDS is also gonna be that much more better by the time they do fight. I see this fight as the greatest HWT MMA striking match of all time. DREAM FIGHT!!
I can't wait for the fight, but we never really get a contender for a HW battle of all time cos once someone thy big connects its usually over quickly, although it would be amazing if we got a fight of Shogun/Hendo type proportions Phone Post

I'm saying based on both JDS,and Reem's striking ability this has the potential to be the greatest HWT striking match of all time. There have never been two guys at HWT in MMA with the striking skills these guys have matched up. I agree that who ever makes the first mistake will win,devastatingly. Honestly they'll probably fight 2 or 3 times,I cud see different outcomes,and winners each time.
11/4/12 4:30 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS needs to just accept the fact that Overeem does deserve the shot. Does Cain really deserve it? And if not Cain or Overeem, then who? He's wiped out virtually everyone who is even close to being a contender. I'm sure he's not going to be DC's last SF fight. Your move, June-ya.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.