UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Damn you Mike Brown!!!

11/6/12 4:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol I seriously laughed at that one.
11/8/12 5:17 PM
saucylv33
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:)
11/9/12 9:03 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/12 9:03 PM
Good riddance.
11/9/12 11:31 PM
EKPOGI
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/9/12 11:32 PM
EKPOGI
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE BROWN
Fired Lakers Coach Drowns
Sorrows at Chick-fil-A

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-lakers-coach-chick-fil-a/#ixzz2Bn6KuBdH

Nothing softens the sting of being fired from the Los Angeles Lakers organization like a chicken sandwich ... just ask ex-coach Mike Brown ... who hit up a Chick-fil-A right after he got the chop today.

TMZ obtained photos of Brown hanging at a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Costa Mesa, CA around 11:30 AM ... just a few hours after news broke that he was fired from the team over their dismal 1-4 start.

We're told Brown was super-nice to fans ... taking pics and shaking hands ... but he never discussed the firing.

However, it appears Brown WAS in the mood to talk ... 'cause he was in the middle of a phone convo with legendary L.A. sports reporter Jim Hill when he stopped to take the above photo.

Brown seems to be handling the situation with class -- releasing a statement saying, "I have great respect for the Buss family and the Lakers' storied tradition and I thank them for the opportunity they afforded me."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-lakers-coach-chick-fil-a/#ixzz2Bn6OKkQK
11/10/12 7:19 AM
PTM2020
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was kinda suprised they didn't give him more time but really, the team just wasn't gelling with his system and better to do this early on in the season I guess.

My obvious choice for the open coach spot is Phil, but I'm also curious as to what D'Antoni could do with this squad.

Anyways, here are the lates tweet updates.

----

Mike D'Antoni

@WojYahooNBA

As Lakers ownership has been considering firing of Brown, Mike D'Antoni has been a prominent name discussed as replacement, sources tell Y!

Yahoo!

Quote:
It is unclear whether the organization will make a run at bringing back Phil Jackson, but one candidate prominently being discussed as a long-term possibility: Mike D'Antoni.

D'Antoni has been without a job since leaving the New York Knicks in 2011. D'Antoni had knee replacement surgery in the past couple weeks and is not yet on his feet. Would still need time to rehabilitate before he could go back to work.

Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw also could become a candidate – though that's a dicier proposition, given the acrimony that ensued between the Lakers front office and Shaw after the team chose to replace Jackson with Brown over Shaw.

========

Phil Jackson

@KBergCBS

CBS

Quote:
While it isn't clear whether the Lakers have contacted their former coach yet, it is widely known Jackson, 67, is healthy, ready to go and interested.

‏Kupchak: "When there's a coach like Phil Jackson, one of the all-time greats and he's not coaching, we'd be negligent not to be aware."

@ramonashelburne

If you hear Phil Jackson was at Lakers facility, it's a coincidence. His girlfriend is Lakers VP Jeanie Buss. He will be considered however

========

OTHERS

@KevinDing

Mike Dunleavy was on the Lakers' list before Mike Brown was hired and is expected to be a candidate again.

========

Previous tweets...

========

@KBergCBS

D'Antoni has the obvious Steve Nash connection, and is a favorite of Kobe Bryant from their long-time Team USA association.

========

@Mike_Bresnahan

Candidates to replace Mike Brown could include Jerry Sloan, Mike D'Antoni and...Phil Jackson. The Lakers have not contacted Jackson yet.

========

@Mike_Bresnahan

Asst. Coach Bernie Bickerstaff will coach tonight's game vs. GS but the Lakers will conduct a national search to replace Mike Brown.

========

@KBergCBS

Lakers are in process of appointing interim coach to replace Mike Brown, with Chuck Person having the edge over Steve Clifford, sources say.

11/10/12 11:05 AM
MadDog243
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill echo what Ive already said on the other thread and many times since hearing this:

You guys are FOOLS if you dont throw EVERYTHING at D'A. This team was as built for his style as the 90s bulls kobe/shaq lakers were for phil
11/10/12 8:25 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/10/12 8:34 PM
D'Antoni's offense would work with this squad. No question. But he is a shit defensive coach and we need help in that area.

Jerry Sloan's teams at Utah were very pick and roll heavy which would suit our personnel. And he would probably make us a little more solid and disciplined on the defensive end than D'Antoni.

I honestly don't want to see Phil Jackson come back. The triangle bores me to tears at this point. But I have no doubt he could improve this team.
11/12/12 11:33 AM
Out To Lunch
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How far has D'Antoni gotten into the playoffs?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.