UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Writer Needed - Fitness/Health News Articles

10/31/12 11:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ring Girl
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I think most of you know I'm the managing editor of BreakingMuscle.com (where our own Chocolate Shatner has been featured, no less!). I am currently looking for a writer for a paid (not very much, but it is paid) position writing news articles.

Basically this person needs to be a science geek, have confidence reading research papers, and an ability to translate research talk into everyday terms for people. You would write 2-3 times per week finding interesting new research and writing short (approx 500 words) articles explaining the research, how it could be helpful, and why it's meaningful for athletes/coaches. You don't have to have access to science journals yourself - we handle that part for you.

If you are interested email me at becca@breakingmuscle.com and include:

• -Your athletic and/or coaching history and credentials
  • -Your training/experience in writing
  • -At least one writing sample

If you don't have a writing sample you won't be considered. Thanks!

10/31/12 4:59 PM
vermonter
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I emailed you about this one too.
10/31/12 5:05 PM
Chocolate Shatner
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doug? DOUG?? Eh, he's okay I guess. That girl nineteen got good results from him.
10/31/12 6:02 PM
vermonter
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was all her man. Good clients are worth a million bucks (well... a few thousand anyway) to a trainer :)
10/31/12 7:03 PM
Chocolate Shatner
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, she did seem like a sweetheart
10/31/12 10:19 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/12 10:19 PM
How much does something like that pay?
11/1/12 9:00 AM
vermonter

Chocolate Shatner - yeah, she did seem like a sweetheart

Definitely. I got lucky with that one.
11/1/12 11:14 AM
Taku
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Becca,

Also shot you an e-mail. Please respond when you have a moment.

Cheers.

TAKU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.