UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem on JDS:"I think he's afraid of me"

10/31/12 10:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So it seems Overeem had enough of JDS talk of saying he don't deserve a title shot.

JDS better beat Cain behind because I wanna see these two go at it!!!!

10/31/12 10:15 PM
HenryO

I dont understand why JDS says OVereem doesnt deserve a shot, what does he want to defend his belt against Cormier instead and do a weak PPV number?
10/31/12 10:19 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - I dont understand why JDS says OVereem doesnt deserve a shot, what does he want to defend his belt against Cormier instead and do a weak PPV number?
14-1 Phone Post
10/31/12 11:33 PM
stonepony

HenryO - I dont understand why JDS says OVereem doesnt deserve a shot, what does he want to defend his belt against Cormier instead and do a weak PPV number?

What don't you understand about it? PPV numbers have nothing to do with the fact that Overoids hasn't earned a title shot. He did nothing to earn it, then he gets busted for cheating, and that he gets a shot. He's only getting it because PPV numbers are down. His roid-monster physique will sell. That doesn't change the reality that he hasn't ever been competitive at the top in MMA. Kneeing Lesnar in the colostomy bag after he rolled out of his death-bed with a year layoff, doesn't warrant a title shot.

JDS isn't scared. He's seen Overoids get knocked out by every decent strikers he's ever faced in MMA.
10/31/12 11:54 PM
Kanabull

Some of you are so hateful. Overeem vs. JDS would be a good fight. Aren't we all fight fans? Isn't that why we are on this forum?

Even if Overeem was using steroids, he will never be able to use them again now because he is going to be under an extremely watchful eye and has even volunteered to do extra testing.

I have very little doubt that JDS is the best HW on the planet right now and I think he would probably beat Overeem, but it's probably the best HW match up at this point and some of you shitting on Overeem makes me think you don't really care about good fights, you just like shitting on people in general and will take whoever you can get.
10/31/12 11:57 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda funny Big Foot and all this "created in a lab" business he's been talking, if I remember correctly he got popped himself for Boldenone or something along those lines

11/1/12 12:18 AM
DEZBOT

Kanabull - Some of you are so hateful. Overeem vs. JDS would be a good fight. Aren't we all fight fans? Isn't that why we are on this forum?

Even if Overeem was using steroids, he will never be able to use them again now because he is going to be under an extremely watchful eye and has even volunteered to do extra testing.

I have very little doubt that JDS is the best HW on the planet right now and I think he would probably beat Overeem, but it's probably the best HW match up at this point and some of you shitting on Overeem makes me think you don't really care about good fights, you just like shitting on people in general and will take whoever you can get.
Agreed! And people are idiots to believe that overeem really believes that jds is scared of him, he is just puttin some bait out there and everyone's bitting! Idiots Phone Post
11/1/12 12:21 AM
HenryO

stonepony - 
HenryO - I dont understand why JDS says OVereem doesnt deserve a shot, what does he want to defend his belt against Cormier instead and do a weak PPV number?

What don't you understand about it? PPV numbers have nothing to do with the fact that Overoids hasn't earned a title shot. He did nothing to earn it, then he gets busted for cheating, and that he gets a shot. He's only getting it because PPV numbers are down. His roid-monster physique will sell. That doesn't change the reality that he hasn't ever been competitive at the top in MMA. Kneeing Lesnar in the colostomy bag after he rolled out of his death-bed with a year layoff, doesn't warrant a title shot.

JDS isn't scared. He's seen Overoids get knocked out by every decent strikers he's ever faced in MMA.

Werdum and Lesnar are two bigger wins then any other contender at HW has right now. Not to mention Overeem has been on a five year tear looking impressive in K-1 and MMA. OVereem/JDS is clearly the fight to make at HW and the fight everyone wants to see.

11/1/12 12:38 AM
HenryO

Using the Werdum fight as reference is out of place in my opinion, other then when he fought an unknown JDS Werdum makes just about everyone he fights look terrible.

Considering Dos Santos and OVereem would just have a kickboxing match in 4 ounce gloves looking at how each fought Cro Cop would make more sense
11/1/12 12:56 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
stonepony -

This this this this this. Oh so much this.

Yes Reem, JDS who has knocked out everyone and never been in trouble is scared of you because you have big muscles. Um ok...

I remember when they were doing the press conference to promote the first fight. The one that Reem ran away from to try and avoid the random test and ended up getting popped for. JDS was as happy as a pig in shit.

Only guy who's scared here is Reem. If he wasn't scared of JDS he wouldn't have taken steroids and been disqualified from the first fight.

Only one of these fighters has turned tail and ran after being hit and then been KO'd through the ropes while running away. Hint: it wasn't JDS.

Anyone who thinks Reem has a chance against JDS should watch his fight against Werdum again. He looked like dogshit, got outstruck, refused to go to the ground and was so gassed he couldn't talk in the post fight interview.

JDS by brutal KO in the first. Phone Post

Dude,

Are you panties in a bunch or something. It is frankly a little disgusting,they way your panting ''THIS THIS''.

Overeem simply deserves the shot because he has been the most dominant heavyweight outside of the UFC for a rather long time and he was the Strikeforce champion. I think it wouldnt be really weird to give someone with his profile a titleshot.

Now adressing his steroid use, i am not really arguing that he did not use PED. But so do more then 50 percent of all UFC fighters (and dont get started on Football players/baseball players). Everybody wants to de sanctimonious as shit about athlethes using them but if we got a choice between a league filled with juicers and a league filled with ''clean'' athletes it does not genius to know who would do the better ratings.

Anyways how does the steroid issue reflect him being scared? The logical and language you use to express this sorely lacking.

Now i do think JDS has a big chance of knocking Overeem out. I do think he will be firm favorite. But JDS really should stop bitching about Overeem and just let his fist do the talking. I am sure he is not scared but he seemed to get a little overemotional whenever Overeem is mentioned (and that is really not becoming for him because he is generally such a cool and laidback dude).

Anyways the reason while fighters (and a lot of them are) are scared of the Reem is not because of his big muscles. Its because of his killer knees,brutal leg kicks and hard punches. He has legitimate KO power and is generally also pretty difficult to take down.

The technical level of his striking,especially compared to JDS hands,might be lacking but that does not make him any less legitimate or threatening as a fighter.

If you cannot acknowledge that he is a top five heavyweight then something is obviously wrong with you.

11/1/12 1:03 AM
stonepony

fightharder - 
stonepony -

Yes Reem, JDS who has knocked out everyone and never been in trouble is scared of you because you have big muscles. Um ok...

I remember when they were doing the press conference to promote the first fight. The one that Reem ran away from to try and avoid the random test and ended up getting popped for. JDS was as happy as a pig in shit.

Only guy who's scared here is Reem. If he wasn't scared of JDS he wouldn't have taken steroids and been disqualified from the first fight.

Only one of these fighters has turned tail and ran after being hit and then been KO'd through the ropes while running away. Hint: it wasn't JDS.

Anyone who thinks Reem has a chance against JDS should watch his fight against Werdum again. He looked like dogshit, got outstruck, refused to go to the ground and was so gassed he couldn't talk in the post fight interview.

Dude,

Are you panties in a bunch or something. It is frankly a little disgusting,they way your panting ''THIS THIS''.

Overeem simply deserves the shot because he has been the most dominant heavyweight outside of the UFC for a rather long time and he was the Strikeforce champion. I think it wouldnt be really weird to give someone with his profile a titleshot.

Now adressing his steroid use, i am not really arguing that he did not use PED. But so do more then 50 percent of all UFC fighters (and dont get started on Football players/baseball players). Everybody wants to de sanctimonious as shit about athlethes using them but if we got a choice between a league filled with juicers and a league filled with ''clean'' athletes it does not genius to know who would do the better ratings.

Anyways how does the steroid issue reflect him being scared? The logical and language you use to express this sorely lacking.

Now i do think JDS has a big chance of knocking Overeem out. I do think he will be firm favorite. But JDS really should stop bitching about Overeem and just let his fist do the talking. I am sure he is not scared but he seemed to get a little overemotional whenever Overeem is mentioned (and that is really not becoming for him because he is generally such a cool and laidback dude).

Anyways the reason while fighters (and a lot of them are) are scared of the Reem is not because of his big muscles. Its because of his killer knees,brutal leg kicks and hard punches. He has legitimate KO power and is generally also pretty difficult to take down.

The technical level of his striking,especially compared to JDS hands,might be lacking but that does not make him any less legitimate or threatening as a fighter.

If you cannot acknowledge that he is a top five heavyweight then something is obviously wrong with you.

No top HW's are scared of Overcheats. Sorry buddy. He's going to be dominated, just like he has been by every single credible opponent that he couldn't flop his roid weight on and pin down to exhaust before submitting them.

"If you cannot acknowledge that he is a top five heavyweight then something is obviously wrong with you."

He's not even remotely close. He's a walking steroid, and nothing more. Roy will beat him. Frank will beat him. Cain, Shane, Stephan. And there are about 5 other names on their way to being added to that list. Overcheats won't be able to keep a UFC contract.
11/1/12 2:10 AM
TenOfSwords
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for JDS to shut this cheat's mouth once and for all.

11/1/12 2:20 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maq102192 - JDS isn't scared of anybody, he legitimately thinks he is the best, and if glass jaw overeem gets hit by JDS it's all over. JDS via KO in the first 2 minutes Phone Post
This Phone Post
11/1/12 4:30 PM
RoyMunson
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing JDS is scared of is being poor again.

11/1/12 5:12 PM
hogh20

Reem Scared??? He took on Brock in his first UFC fight, finished with only 7 strikes. Begged for JDS. Destroyed Duffee in a prior event. Duffee is no joke. Ragdolled Brett Rogers. A guy who is huge, and Reem threw him around the cage. Scared? I do not understand people who get on forums and say that a fighter is "Scared" of another fighter. Especially when said fighter is rolling through huge and talented competitiors like they are nothing.
11/1/12 7:12 PM
ajl416az

LOL @ Overeem's technique being lacking

seriously lol

i'm sure overeem is not scared of some leg heavy boxer who drops his hands

and steroids don't increase your chin. if you think fighting heavyweights only takes muscles, shut the fuck up because you're a dumbshit.
11/1/12 8:37 PM
HenryO

NotImpressed is seriously rattled by Overeem
11/1/12 10:14 PM
Ryan Black
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will postpone my pontifications until he's standing in the cage ready to fight. Phone Post
11/4/12 4:25 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 
fightharder - 
stonepony -

Dude,

No top HW's are scared of Overcheats. Sorry buddy. He's going to be dominated, just like he has been by every single credible opponent that he couldn't flop his roid weight on and pin down to exhaust before submitting them.

"If you cannot acknowledge that he is a top five heavyweight then something is obviously wrong with you."

He's not even remotely close. He's a walking steroid, and nothing more. Roy will beat him. Frank will beat him. Cain, Shane, Stephan. And there are about 5 other names on their way to being added to that list. Overcheats won't be able to keep a UFC contract.

He's not even remotely close. He's a walking steroid, and nothing more. Roy will beat him. Frank will beat him. Cain, Shane, Stephan. And there are about 5 other names on their way to being added to that list. Overcheats won't be able to keep a UFC contract...

Shane has been linked to steroids. Mir admits to using TRT. Keep it real, don't act like Reem is the only guy who's ever cheated. And LOL at Struve or Roy beating him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.