UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Worst Decision In MMA History

10/31/12 10:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Secor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Ultimate Fighter, Fighter

Hello Ugers my name is matt secor i am on this season of the ultimate fighter i was apart of one of the worst decisions ever in mma history. Now ive seen fights in the past that were bad but you could argue that it could go either way. I am not the kind of person that finds reason and makes excuses of why i lost. I take my losses like a gentelman as you could see on the last epoisode, but i feel like i got robbed. I broke my hand on the first overhand, im a finsher i go for the finish and after i broke my hand i told myself just get in dominate postion, i didnt have a grip with my right hand at all thats why you see him contol my hand in the 3rd the way he did. I feel that if you only have 2 rounds and it goes to the 3rd round than whoever wins the 3rd round wins right its the tie breaker. There is no way that Mike Hill won that 3rd round he didnt hit me with a thing or do any damage and i had a broken hand for 13 out of 15 minutes. Idk what the jugdes were watching but it sure as hell wasnt that fight. I would like it if people would voice their opinion thnak you. 

10/31/12 10:53 PM
Andersons_Chin
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dana agrees, as do i
10/31/12 10:56 PM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You clearly won the fight !!!! Judging in MMA needs a overhaul to say the least ... I say train younger people who have experience in MMA at least somewhat because for instance if you hadn't broke your hand and got the w you might have won the show ... But with MMA judges its like Opposite Day when it goes to a decision ... Phone Post
10/31/12 10:58 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are you hoping to gain from it?

If you and the people you feel matter think you won, who cares ya know.

10/31/12 11:00 PM
Chokeyou2

MMA in Western Massachusetts
Was Cecil Peoples a judge?
10/31/12 11:01 PM
the geek
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/12 11:01 PM

Agreed sir.

I know a lot of fighters live by the credo "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" and it's a great philosophy. But if for some reason (like say a broken hand) it does go to the judges you should at least have confidence that an accurate decision will be made (as accurate as can be).

I know judging is a tough role, people will always second guess your decision, but there are some decisions where you are just left scratching your head saying WTF?

sandmanscomin4u
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt you got robbed man, I hope Dana gives you a shot to make up for it Phone Post
TalkShowOnMute
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure the judge were at the same fight IMO>

MMA judging is dragging this sport down.
10/31/12 11:02 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa has shown in the past they they stand behind fighters that have been screwed over in judges' decisions.

Perhaps Dana may open a door for you.
10/31/12 11:04 PM
AussieMayhem

Chokeyou2 - Was Cecil Peoples a judge?
Him n Adelaide Byrd the judges that were busy smokin pcp that night, I think Phone Post
10/31/12 11:05 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the judge thought that because Hill was on top of you when you had his back, he ignorantly took that as Hill having the dominant position.

It's retarded I know but its the only reason I can think of.
10/31/12 11:08 PM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FearTheClown - Maybe the judge thought that because Hill was on top of you when you had his back, he ignorantly took that as Hill having the dominant position.

It's retarded I know but its the only reason I can think of.
I could actually see this happening ... Phone Post
10/31/12 11:09 PM
RKing85
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel for you, but Darrel Gholar/Johil de Oliveira will forever be the worst decision in MMA history.

That fight was like the Jim Hettes/Nam Phan fight, but if Phan got the decision.
10/31/12 11:12 PM
Matt Secor

I would just like another shot i know i won the fight i dont feel like i lost. and at Hawkeye02 135lbers are beast lol i would just run from them lmao your the man 

Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed, it was a pretty shitty decision. How is the hand? Phone Post
the geek
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/12 11:33 PM

I checked the judges score card for this thread and even that's controversial:

Damn you Cecil!!

10/31/12 11:14 PM
Matt Secor

hands very good thank you for asking my friend 

10/31/12 11:19 PM
whowillbetop5in5years

Some dude just compared Hettes/Phan to Secor/Hill :(

Matt, so far 100% of us agree with you, that should mean something. Next time, when the fight is that close, you should go ALL OUT in the 3rd. I know it's easier said than done, I'll just shut up now
10/31/12 11:20 PM
Tat2tillidie

Matt Secor -

hands very good thank you for asking my friend 

Glad to hear ...

How did you like it in the TUF house ?

I know you can't talk about any specifics but how was the experience for you ? Phone Post
10/31/12 11:24 PM
Matt Secor

the house 

it was the best camp ever in the worst situation ihad to see julian lanes lame haircut everyday lol and mikes nipple tat 

10/31/12 11:25 PM
Matt Secor

ill never do that again broken hand or not my friend 

10/31/12 11:26 PM
joemasepoos
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to the UG Matt .
10/31/12 11:27 PM
Matt Secor

also my ugers follow me on twitter @secormatthew 

10/31/12 11:28 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Karma is a bitch. You gained no sympathy from me, because of your fart throwing among other general childishness.

You definitely should have got the decision, but I'd be a damn liar if I didn't laugh at your expense. Phone Post
10/31/12 11:31 PM
mizunopro
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You definitely got robbed and I feel for you. Like someone else said, I have a feeling Dana will give you another shot. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.