UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Griffin refused to fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 155

11/1/12 12:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/12 1:02 PM

Source: Forrest Griffin refused to fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 155

lol Forrest Griffin knows is not good for his health to fight Belfort.The UFC offered him a bout against Belfort at UFC 155, and Griffin said hell no!

11/1/12 1:03 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest would have a better chance of beating Belfort than Davis IMO.

11/1/12 1:08 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't blame him Phone Post
11/1/12 1:10 PM
Card
2253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/1/12 1:21 PM
orcus

Why would he want to fight a dangerous KO fighter who is unranked in his division? It's not a big fight, it doesn't get him anywhere with a win, and there's a good chance of having 20 punches in the back of your skull.

11/1/12 1:22 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know they trained together quite a bit at xtreme couture, so Forrest's unwillingness to fight Vitor is based off of "bad" sparring" sessions or maybe even a friendship Phone Post
11/1/12 1:23 PM
fuckingkimura

Does vitor now train with blackzilians still or is he back in extreme couture Phone Post
11/1/12 1:26 PM
LAE

fuckingkimura -  Does vitor now train with blackzilians still or is he back in extreme couture Phone Post

Yeah, Vitor is always at the fashionable gym of the moment (Shawn Tompkins got it right about Vitor). Forrest is based more at Drysdale's place now
11/1/12 1:28 PM
Joe_Drogan420

How does a fight between Griffin and Belfort make sense at all?
How is it relevant in the 205 division?
And we all know Griffin would get devastatingly tko'd.
I don't like the match-ups they've been giving people like Griffin and Bonnar, just feeding them to people way above their skillsets like leading lambs to slaughter.
Honestly, I think Griffin would do better outside the UFC these days.
11/1/12 1:29 PM
Joe_Drogan420

And it honestly doesn't seem like Griffin's heart is in it anymore.
It seems like the only reason he's still fighting is for a quick paycheck.
Like vs Phil Davis, he's gonna get taken down and submitted.
But I'm sure he thinks that's much better than getting tko'd by Belfort.
11/1/12 1:29 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Edited: 11/01/12 1:29 PM
oops double post
11/1/12 1:32 PM
brahmabull81
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly its probably because they used to spar a lot. And I would venture to guess that at least one of the rumored KOs he suffered in training leading up to the Ando fight was from Belfort, all things considered.
11/1/12 1:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He knows he can't handle guys with speed and power now. I don't have a problem with it but it does make you wonder what Forrest's motivation to fight is now Phone Post
11/1/12 1:48 PM
Acidic

For fuck sake people Vitor was never ever a great LHW in his career. Sorry but his fluke win over Randy was his biggest accomplishment.

11/1/12 1:54 PM
thedirtyburger

I remember griffin saying he only has one fight left, and he didn't want it to be a one sided beat down where he is out cold in the first round Phone Post
11/1/12 1:57 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Why would he want to fight a dangerous KO fighter who is unranked in his division? It's not a big fight, it doesn't get him anywhere with a win, and there's a good chance of having 20 punches in the back of your skull.

Lol!! This Phone Post
11/2/12 6:44 PM
The Hyena
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is dumb, bunch of haters...i talked to Forrest TODAY and he said it was because THEY TRAIN TOGETHER AT RANDY'S ALL THE TIME....

so he took phil davis ..not someone easier, someone on thier way up...

my $.02
11/2/12 6:46 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

orcus - 

easier fight to win...forrest is never getting a shot at the title again in any legitimate fashion so moving up the ranks should be irrelevant to him

11/2/12 7:11 PM
rampageforpresident

as fight fan, i would have enjoyed belfort/forrest more. as a human who doesnt want to see forrest in a wheelchair, i am pleased
11/2/12 7:25 PM
Authority Figure

The Hyena - This thread is dumb, bunch of haters...i talked to Forrest TODAY and he said it was because THEY TRAIN TOGETHER AT RANDY'S ALL THE TIME....

so he took phil davis ..not someone easier, someone on thier way up...

my $.02

rage post. you're holding us responsible for what Vitor said? we can't call up Forrest.

We can only take people on their word. Vitor wasn't clear and he clearly was trying to insinuate something other than friendship for the refusal to fight.
11/2/12 7:27 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - And it honestly doesn't seem like Griffin's heart is in it anymore.
It seems like the only reason he's still fighting is for a quick paycheck.
Like vs Phil Davis, he's gonna get taken down and submitted.
But I'm sure he thinks that's much better than getting tko'd by Belfort.
He's not getting submitted by Phil. Forrest has very legit bjj. Pretty good chance he gets violently KO'd by Vitor tho Phone Post
11/2/12 8:01 PM
orcus

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
orcus - 

easier fight to win...forrest is never getting a shot at the title again in any legitimate fashion so moving up the ranks should be irrelevant to him

A chinny guy should never be eager to fight someone like Vitor. There are guys a lot easier to beat and a lot less of a threat to KO you, if we're not concerned with rankings or megafights.

11/2/12 8:11 PM
wrestling4life
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest should retire, I feel his heart is not in mma anymore Phone Post
11/2/12 10:13 PM
myjawhurts
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 - Honestly its probably because they used to spar a lot. And I would venture to guess that at least one of the rumored KOs he suffered in training leading up to the Ando fight was from Belfort, all things considered.
I missed this, Forrest was getting KO'd in training for the Anderson fight????
Do tell more... Phone Post
11/2/12 10:39 PM
Bry Bry

umm Phil Davis is just as dangerous an opponent as Vitor..Davis is going to take Forrest down and dominate him..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.