UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Amazing Spider-Man 2: Jamie Foxx?!?!

11/1/12 4:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From  http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/01/amazing-spiderman-2-villain-is-electro-jamie-foxx-in-talks/

We’ve heard a few times that it’s likely that Electro will be the villain of the next Spider-Man movie, and Variety are echoing that once more tonight.

What’s more, they’ve learned that Jamie Foxx is negotiating to take the role.

An angry Jamie Foxx is pretty scary. It was inevitable he’d get cast as a villain in a big tentpole sooner or later. I fancy that they’ll shave his head an go the Ultimate route.

Update: Seems that Foxx is more than up for the role. Here’s his Hallowe’en tweet:

Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.

11/1/12 5:26 PM
Mumbly Joe
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/1/12 5:35 PM
crescentwrench
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I approve. I like villains with a power set different from the hero. Lizard's okay but he's a strong agile guy who can scale walls. Venom's about the only guy I want that can do those things, let the rest do other stuff.

And Jamie Foxx is as good as anybody else I suppose. He should wear a lighting bolt cowl and call himself Black Vulcan. Phone Post
11/1/12 5:46 PM
Hercules Rockerfeller
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.
11/1/12 5:46 PM
Calebcb
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh. I'm just waiting for Green Goblin so Gwen Stacy can take a dive. Kraven would be nice too.
11/1/12 5:51 PM
Hercules Rockerfeller
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if they will even bring in Green Goblin at all in this new movie series. I mean they kind of have to since it's Spider-Man's most formidable enemy, but he had been done to death in the Raimi trilogy. Kraven would be good but with CGI being as incredible as it is today, I would love to see what Mysterio could do in a movie.
11/1/12 8:46 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate Jamie Foxx.

11/2/12 10:21 AM
disbeliever
472 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Kraven the hunter would be nice. I liked how the lizard was just too much for Spiderman in fights and he had to survive and use his wits.
11/2/12 10:40 AM
BigWilliam
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jamie Foxx is a great choice, excellent actor.
11/2/12 11:10 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I THINK EVERYONE IS FORGETTING HOW INCREDIBLY SHITTY THIS NEW SPIDERMAN WAS................JAMIE FOXX OR NOT,  THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK.    

AND CONSIDERING HOW SHITTY THE LIZARD WAS DONE I BET JAMIE FOX IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE THIS

11/2/12 11:40 AM
disbeliever
472 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I liked the new Spiderman movie personally, much better than the last Toby Spiderman movie anyway
11/2/12 12:44 PM
Hercules Rockerfeller

BWS, what issues did you have with the new movie?
11/2/12 12:50 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BASICALLY IT WAS TWILIGHT WITH SPIDERMAN THROWN IN.     I THOUGHT THE FIGHT SCENES WERE SHITTY (WIITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS),  THE LIZARD WAS DONE HORRIBLY AND THE PLOT SUCKED.    

BASICALLY IT WAS A COOKIE CUTTER MOVIE WORTHY OF MICHEAL BAY STATUS. 

AND YES IT WAS STILL BETTER THAN SPIDERMAN 3 BUT THATS NOT SAYING MUCH.  LOL 

11/26/12 11:31 PM
buddie
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The newest spiderman sucked compared to the first two. Also, Electro is a terrible, stupid supervillian.
11/27/12 5:06 AM
MarkRobinson
1394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a big electro fan and Jamie Foxx is a great actor. My issue is that the story telling on the new spidey was fucking terrible. I still can't believe how many people liked that piece of shit.
11/27/12 5:13 AM
MarkRobinson
1394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Electro is full on elemental now but i hope they dont make him that way for this film. Give me classic Electro without the star head mask.

Theres a lot of potential for him to be visually awesome. 

11/28/12 2:40 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hercules Rockerfeller - I wonder if they will even bring in Green Goblin at all in this new movie series. I mean they kind of have to since it's Spider-Man's most formidable enemy, but he had been done to death in the Raimi trilogy. Kraven would be good but with CGI being as incredible as it is today, I would love to see what Mysterio could do in a movie.
Mysterio could be fucking AWESOME. Phone Post
11/28/12 3:14 PM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

I hate Jamie Foxx.

12/3/12 1:11 PM
Doo Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BIGWHITESEXY - 

BASICALLY IT WAS TWILIGHT WITH SPIDERMAN THROWN IN.     I THOUGHT THE FIGHT SCENES WERE SHITTY (WIITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS),  THE LIZARD WAS DONE HORRIBLY AND THE PLOT SUCKED.    

BASICALLY IT WAS A COOKIE CUTTER MOVIE WORTHY OF MICHEAL BAY STATUS. 

AND YES IT WAS STILL BETTER THAN SPIDERMAN 3 BUT THATS NOT SAYING MUCH.  LOL 

I dont' think we've been watching the same movies. The first set of movies was Twilight with a dash of spiderman. I think this last movie was better than the first 3 combined...The action in this last movie is on a whole other scale...

12/3/12 2:12 PM
BIGWHITESEXY

OH COME ON MAN...........THE FIGHT SCENES IN SPIDERMAN 2 BETWEEN HIM AND OCK ARE ABOUT 3 MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN ANYTHING THIS NEW SPIDERMAN MOVIE HAD. 

THE ONLY THING I HATED ABOUT THE FIRST TWO WAS THEIR CHOICE FOR MARY JANE AND WILLIAM DEFOE'S OVER ACTING LOL. 

12/3/12 3:35 PM
Liyon
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really liked the new movie. I really feel it's the best Spiderman movie so far. Though, The Lizard was pretty much one-note and not devoloped funny as a villain. The half-hour spiderman cartoon on Fox in the mid-90s had better character development.

The major thing I didn't like and Raimi's spiderman had this as well is when Peter Parker does superhuman stuff out in public in front of tons of people. You don't think people could easily put two and two together?
12/3/12 7:15 PM
Hercules Rockerfeller

Edited: 01/29/13 10:38 AM

Say hello to Harry Osbourn.

1/28/13 10:10 PM
backfist_barnesy
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently ASM 2 is getting the rhino now
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/paul-giamatti-talks-play-rhino-415899
What do you guys think about that?
1/28/13 10:19 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

backfist_barnesy - Apparently ASM 2 is getting the rhino now
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/paul-giamatti-talks-play-rhino-415899
What do you guys think about that?
Maybe. Powerset seems too similar to lizard in that it's all physical gifts.
I want electro or sandman or mysterio or shocker or someone like that in the new movies.. Phone Post
1/28/13 11:26 PM
MarkRobinson

I had been waiting for the Lizard since Spiderman 2. They fucked him over real nice in ASM.

Im not really interested in Rhino but with an actor like Paul Giamatti i cant help but think that it could be good. 

uggh. i still cant believe how many of you liked ASM. a few cool action sequences werent enough to make up for the constant garbage. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.