UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hunt wants rematch with Overeem

11/1/12 11:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Appearing on the most recent edition of "The MMA Hour," Hunt revealed he would like to get his rematch against current top contender, Alistair Overeem:

"If they'd like to get me a fight I'd like to get a rematch with Alistair Overeem, you know, when he comes back from his injury or from whatever, his hiatus. You know? I'd like to have my rematch with him. I'd be willing to fight next year so it doesn't matter. If he gets a title shot, that's good on him, so."

The two initially faced off in 2008 at DREAM 5 with "The Reem" defeating "The Super Samoan" via submission in the very first-round.

read entire article...

11/1/12 11:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
omlet de fromage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be even worse this time around... Phone Post
11/1/12 11:53 PM
Tat2tillidie
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I don't know about that :) Phone Post
11/1/12 11:55 PM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My heart says hunt, my brain says... Oh who cares what my brain says... War hunt!!!! Phone Post
11/2/12 12:13 AM
Happiness Bunny
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he knocked out Reem.. shhhhheeeeeeeeiiiitt..

Onslaught Hunt!
11/2/12 12:17 AM
OmgItsTheWams
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imo reem gets the takedown and subs him again also who knows how hunt will come back from injury hopefully he still has some good fights in him Phone Post
11/2/12 12:21 AM
rampageforpresident

glad to see hunt back. it's cool to see him on a 3 fight win streak in the ufc at this stage of his career.
11/2/12 12:26 AM
HenryO

OmgItsTheWams -  Imo reem gets the takedown and subs him again also who knows how hunt will come back from injury hopefully he still has some good fights in him Phone Post

Hunt actually got the takedown in the first fight, right into an armbar. Not the smartest move by Hunt.

I wouldnt mind a rematch down the line but Overeem is fighting Cain/JDS winnner next
11/2/12 12:32 AM
GlossyMike

Hunt vs Cormier!!
11/2/12 12:41 AM
Haulport

I don't want to see it because Hunt has NO CHANCE. Alistair will take him down and sub him asap if the stand-up goes even a little wrong for him.

All you shitheads are too n00b to know that Alistair is a BJJ BEAST!!!!!!

11/2/12 12:44 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see that fight happening after Cain/JDS defeats him Phone Post
11/2/12 1:25 AM
Dr_Perci

War Hunt! Why the fuck not? lol

11/2/12 2:17 AM
Calavaro
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might happen should Overeem shoot.

11/2/12 2:57 AM
Millzy

I like Hunt, he's awesome but I hope they never waste an Overeem match up with Hunt.

Overeem imo is the best p4p fighter in the world. Hands down Overeem would annihilate Hunt.
11/2/12 3:04 AM
UGCTT_T Lambos

MARKKKKKK HUNT OOOOOO Phone Post
11/2/12 3:34 AM
CHILLITACO
691 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GlossyMike - Hunt vs Cormier!!
This is a horrible match up!

Cormier would simply pound him out for 3 rounds on the ground. Cause no ones knocking him out....

At least with a roidereem vs hunt you get a standup k1 fest until reem goes for a td late in the 1st or 2nd... hunt has a good chance vs reem IMHO. Phone Post
11/2/12 3:37 AM
madmav

Millzy - I like Hunt, he's awesome but I hope they never waste an Overeem match up with Hunt.

Overeem imo is the best p4p fighter in the world. Hands down Overeem would annihilate Hunt.

standing? nooooooo.. the only way overeem wins is by submission.. with hunts recent improvement in tdd.. i think hunt keeps it standing long enough to knock reem out..

11/2/12 3:40 AM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

This fight... I would love Phone Post
11/2/12 3:42 AM
The Mammoth
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Millzy - I like Hunt, he's awesome but I hope they never waste an Overeem match up with Hunt.

11/2/12 3:55 AM
Soup Nazi
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interdasting

11/2/12 4:25 AM
Ranman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Reem take the first fight on like 5 day notice?
11/2/12 4:30 AM
Flyers179

I want to see this fight. Overeem has a lot of pride in his standup game and may wish to show he can win standing. Which would make for an amazing fight.
11/2/12 5:18 AM
RicoVelasquez
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mammoth -

Lol.
Seriously. Phone Post
11/2/12 5:19 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mammoth -

Perfect Phone Post
11/2/12 5:29 AM
Bootsy Collins
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt was looking really lean prior to the injury- possibly the leanest I've ever seen. How's he looking now anyone know?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.