UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lost my house.

11/2/12 12:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know wfa but I been in here or a long time and this place always makes me laugh lord knows I need it now. It always seems like it will never happen to you but when it does its devastating. My 2 yr old son lost everything he owned, I can't even look at him without losing it... Not sure why I'm writing this just to get it off my chest. It sucks and I have no clue what I'm gonna do. Phone Post
11/2/12 12:24 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish you peace

11/2/12 12:25 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you have flood insurance?
11/2/12 12:26 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So sad to hear man. Keep your chin up and know that everything will work itself out. Material possessions come and go, but family and love lasts forever.

11/2/12 12:26 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that sucks. I wish you and your family well and hope you get everything sorted out quickly.
11/2/12 12:30 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry to hear that man, and that is heartbreaking about your son.  i know toys are the last thing on your mind, but i'd like to buy your son a toy or 5 if you'd take a walmart gift card.  PM me 

11/2/12 12:36 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking Harsh... Hope all gets sorted out as quickly as possible... Words of advice (my women's family lost there home in fire 4 years ago, they got out with pets and very few belongings) ... Start the paperwork ASAP, if you own n have to rebuild, get started now... Took my girls family almost 4 years to rebuild due to BS paperwork n insurance hoops!

Most important thing is that your family is ok, your little one is young and resilient, he will get over this.

Wishing you the best man, really sorry to hear! Phone Post
11/2/12 12:37 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

sorry to hear that man, and that is heartbreaking about your son.  i know toys are the last thing on your mind, but i'd like to buy your son a toy or 5 if you'd take a walmart gift card.  PM me 

Your a gd person!! Phone Post
11/2/12 12:40 PM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I lost my mind...so u in a better place than me homes!

JK - I hope things work out.
11/2/12 12:40 PM
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I finally heard from my Brother-in-law in NJ, he is good, but another friend last his house on LI, he is living in his boat. Sorry for your loss, I really feel for your kid. I would also like to send your kid something message me some ideas of what he wants/misses and I will get it in the mail. Hope the Post Office is up and running soon.

11/2/12 12:42 PM
Pugilist82
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/05/12 11:56 AM
*edited to remove personal info.
11/2/12 12:43 PM
Pugilist82
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh guys, please don't prank call me^
11/2/12 12:43 PM
RickStorm
1694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Very sad, so sorry to hear this NJ. It's times like this I was in a position to help a brother out.

11/2/12 12:44 PM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/02/12 12:44 PM
It's long distance otherwise I would re *prank*.
11/2/12 12:45 PM
jonnierockets20
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my mother lost her house and everything in it as well and I am deployed in this middle eastern hell hole so I cant even help my mom. I'm feeling their pain too
11/2/12 12:49 PM
buckshot44
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear that OP.
11/2/12 12:51 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope things look up man

11/2/12 12:52 PM
GenericAmerican
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have flood insurance, file a claim ASAP. If you don't have flood, find the nearest FEMA location (often in Walmart parking lots or school parking lots after a disaster).

Also, if you have regular homeowner's insurance, file a claim on that too. Usually the house isn't totally gone, so the regular homeowner's insurance may be able to cover any wind damage caused above the water mark. Your homeowner's policy also may cover a certain amount of your living expenses if you were forcibly evacuated, even if it doesn't cover the damages to your home.

Let me know if you have any questions. I've spent a fair bit of time in disaster zones dealing with these situations.
11/2/12 1:00 PM
Toquinho
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn... I can imagine with 2 small children myself. Hope thimgs turn around soon Phone Post
11/2/12 1:00 PM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - I know wfa but I been in here or a long time and this place always makes me laugh lord knows I need it now. It always seems like it will never happen to you but when it does its devastating. My 2 yr old son lost everything he owned, I can't even look at him without losing it... Not sure why I'm writing this just to get it off my chest. It sucks and I have no clue what I'm gonna do. Phone Post
Sad to hear man , keep your head up , I can't even begin to imagine what you're going thru ... Hope things get better for you and it's not a WFA cause you're part of the community ...

Stay strong ,
The UG Phone Post
11/2/12 1:01 PM
the geek
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 

So sad to hear man. Keep your chin up and know that everything will work itself out. Material possessions come and go, but family and love lasts forever.

11/2/12 1:02 PM
NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thx guys te hardest thing has definitely been looking at my son and daughter knowing they don't have a house and in my sons case pretty much nothing at all... You guys are awesome. Phone Post
11/2/12 1:04 PM
NJstileNJ

We tried to stay in the house but Monday night before high tide even came in the water was rushing up and we made the decision to leave ... I ran thru 4 ft of water to get my car and got the family and dogs out just in time. Right after we left the water rushed in and took everything Phone Post
11/2/12 1:07 PM
bearockbrobama
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - We tried to stay in the house but Monday night before high tide even came in the water was rushing up and we made the decision to leave ... I ran thru 4 ft of water to get my car and got the family and dogs out just in time. Right after we left the water rushed in and took everything Phone Post
Im praying for you buddy. Change will come and it will all get better.

Can you tell me your kids names so that me and mine can pray for you. Phone Post
11/2/12 1:11 PM
hubris
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ -  Thx guys te hardest thing has definitely been looking at my son and daughter knowing they don't have a house and in my sons case pretty much nothing at all... You guys are awesome. Phone Post

cheer up it's not the end of the world

I don't have much either and I didn't go through a hurricane

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.