UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lost my house.

11/3/12 4:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anthraxxx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most places that are prone to flood aren't even considered to be covered by private flood insurance covers.

Because of this the federal gov has a fund to cover some damages. I am not quite sure on how to file a claim but from what I hear they are being good about accepting claims quickly.

Goodluck!
11/3/12 5:57 PM
kubzilla
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks man, hope you and your family get through this quickly with no problems and you guys get back on your feet soon.

11/3/12 5:59 PM
Kostakio
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

So sad to hear man. Keep your chin up and know that everything will work itself out. Material possessions come and go, but family and love lasts forever.

Yeah, man, pretty much what I wanted to say. Sorry, Bro. If it's any consolation, you can keep that $5 you owe me for that bet we had made like 3-4 years ago. lol j.k. (I still want it... lol kidding) Phone Post
11/3/12 6:23 PM
ThumbtoeyeKO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hang in there, bro.
11/3/12 6:43 PM
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - 
NCAA92 -
NJstileNJ -  Thx so much guys me and my wife appreciate it I have limited access to the pm I gave my address to NCAA if you could pass it along I'd appreciate bro..my email is sammd923@yahoo.com Phone Post

NJ i sent you another message, I think it was typed wrong I googled the zip is it union, also street road? PM me back, going to Target now :)

Anderson st number 16 07735 Phone Post

Got it Man, will be in the mail Monday. Stay Strong.

11/3/12 7:24 PM
Scott Epstein

That sucks can I send a toy or something for your kid? Email me please. 10thplanetwestla@gmail.com Phone Post
11/3/12 8:55 PM
NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Severnsmustache - Do we have an address to send a package that will get to OP? How old is daughter?
My families thoughts and prayers are with yours.
Thx man my daughter is 6 I know you know how much it means to see your kids smile... Phone Post
11/3/12 8:58 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

11/3/12 9:58 PM
rummy
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ -  Thx so much guys me and my wife appreciate it I have limited access to the pm I gave my address to NCAA if you could pass it along I'd appreciate bro..my email is sammd923@yahoo.com Phone Post

e-mail sent

11/3/12 10:08 PM
Chris27

Sorry man, I feel for you. Shit came in strong on Monday night. Its like WW3 out here in NJ.
11/3/12 10:21 PM
VictorG

Hang in there bro! Atleast you got your most valuable safe. Phone Post
11/3/12 10:41 PM
ghost of KVR
694 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHomeSteadingBoards.com

let me know what you need 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=2&thread=2083239&page=1&pc=38

11/4/12 4:08 PM
NJstileNJ
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a day watching the community come together... I got to watch the kids trick or treat or treat yesterday at the high school it was great seeing them smile... How can I post a pic? Phone Post
11/4/12 4:35 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ -  What a day watching the community come together... I got to watch the kids trick or treat or treat yesterday at the high school it was great seeing them smile... How can I post a pic? Phone Post

host it on a website (i use imgur.com) then use the image button at the top right of the post box to paste the link in here.

11/4/12 5:32 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - What a day watching the community come together... I got to watch the kids trick or treat or treat yesterday at the high school it was great seeing them smile... How can I post a pic? Phone Post
Awesome ... Glad you had a good time ... Phone Post
11/5/12 10:53 AM
suess

how's it going today?  

11/5/12 11:43 AM
NJstileNJ

Finishing up gutting after a long night...with all that's going on my son was sick all night throwing up. Met with some insurance people not sure how that went . The process is not very helpful to the homeowner but I'm trying to stay positive ... You guys have been awesome so thanks again ug Phone Post
11/5/12 11:49 AM
NCAA92

NJstileNJ, package went in the mail today USPS Tracking number 0311 2550 0003 4407 5181 www.usps.com

11/5/12 1:30 PM
GenericAmerican
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ -  Finishing up gutting after a long night...with all that's going on my son was sick all night throwing up. Met with some insurance people not sure how that went . The process is not very helpful to the homeowner but I'm trying to stay positive ... You guys have been awesome so thanks again ug Phone Post

Is it flood insurance or your regular homeowner's insurance?

If you can give me some details, I may be able to give you some tips to make sure that goes better for you. It's rare that a property insurance company is looking to screw you, but insurance is complicated enough that even people who work in the field don't fully understand it.

Especially after major storms like this, insurance companies don't have enough adjusters on staff, so they hire temps who are usually much less experienced adjusters (often they are contractors who know how to write an estimate but don't understand insurance very well). The odds of a major mistake or oversight go up a lot during a disaster.

This sort of policy & estimate review is basically what I do all day. I used to be a field manager, but since my son was born, I've switched to a boring desk job so I don't have to travel.

11/6/12 8:58 AM
NJstileNJ

GenericAmerican - 
NJstileNJ -  Finishing up gutting after a long night...with all that's going on my son was sick all night throwing up. Met with some insurance people not sure how that went . The process is not very helpful to the homeowner but I'm trying to stay positive ... You guys have been awesome so thanks again ug Phone Post

If you can give me some details, I may be able to give you some tips to make sure that goes better for you. It's rare that a property insurance company is looking to screw you, but insurance is complicated enough that even people who work in the field don't fully understand it.

Especially after major storms like this, insurance companies don't have enough adjusters on staff, so they hire temps who are usually much less experienced adjusters (often they are contractors who know how to write an estimate but don't understand insurance very well). The odds of a major mistake or oversight go up a lot during a disaster.

This sort of policy & estimate review is basically what I do all day. I used to be a field manager, but since my son was born, I've switched to a boring desk job so I don't have to travel.

Its flood, I will message you later with some details...First day back to work today. I feel guilty for leaving my family. I also feel like shit seeing them not have their own room. It's the worst feeling in the world.
11/6/12 11:41 AM
jimbonice

Keep things in perspective. Everyone is alive, it can only get better and one day at a time. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:23 PM
theimmortal
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have tons of kids stuff sitting around collecting dust I'd be happy to donate. I have twin boys that just turned 2 and we have kept everything they outgrew. Pm me , let me know what you need and I'll send it your way. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:25 PM
theimmortal
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just seen you have a daughter that's 6, what I have probably wouldn't help much. Pm me any way I'll help out any way I can. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:35 PM
GenericAmerican
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - 
GenericAmerican - 

Its flood, I will message you later with some details...First day back to work today. I feel guilty for leaving my family. I also feel like shit seeing them not have their own room. It's the worst feeling in the world.

That's great that you have flood insurance. You'd be surprised how many people don't, even in a flood zone.

But it does explain why it felt like they weren't very helpful to you. The flood insurance program is much more limited than your normal homeowners policy. It is designed to get your house back in a livable condition, but doesn't have many perks beyond that.

But it's the best you can get in a situation like this. I'll look into it a bit to see what your options are. I know the homeowner's policy like the back of my hand, but I haven't worked flood claims since Katrina, so I don't remember all the details on that one.
11/6/12 3:20 PM
NJstileNJ

The flood is very strict and does cover anything except rebuilding the structure Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.