UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lost my house.

11/17/12 8:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SpiderRicco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/12 8:27 AM
A few of the students from my BJJ school will be in Union Beach tomorrow to help with the cleanup. What do you need from us? Food, clothing? PM me.
11/17/12 10:19 AM
SpiderRicco

Waiting for a response.
11/17/12 11:29 AM
Zaph
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I wish I could help, but my wife and I both lost our jobs in the last two months, and we had just bought a house a couple of months earlier, so our savings largely went on the downpayment.  It looks like I'm going to start working again in a few weeks, but until then, I have to be really careful with the little bit of money I have.  I hope you and your boy are back on your feet before I start getting paid, but if you still need help by then, I'll do what I can to chip in.

Meanwhile, this thread has done its bit to restore a part of my faith in humanity.  It's times like these I love the UG.  Huge props to Suess for being the first one to step up.  It goes without saying that I'm voting him up, but it seems like a bit of an empty gesture compared to the generosity not only of his offer here, but of his ways in general in the short time I've "known" him.

Meanwhile, NJstileNJ, my thoughts go out to you, your boy, and those close to you.  I'm saddened by your story and I hope this hardship will be followed by a much greater happiness.  All my best, man.  Stay strong.  Keep us posted.

11/17/12 11:31 AM
Zaph
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, and no such thing as "WFA" when it comes to stuff like this.  You're one of ours, man.

11/17/12 2:34 PM
FreightTrain

So f*cking sorry. Where in NJ are you?
11/19/12 3:53 AM
GenericAmerican
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad you got the advance. The adjuster is probably starting to focus more on the paperwork now that the bulk of the inspections are done.

If you have any other questions or issues, email me (I'll see it instantly instead of when I get around to checking on here). msmith@dmaclaims.com

11/19/12 1:57 PM
NJstileNJ
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreightTrain - So f*cking sorry. Where in NJ are you?

THX genam...FT im in Union Beach...really busting our butts to be in by Xmas I will not have the kids wakeup in a basement of someone's else house on Xmas
11/19/12 1:59 PM
NJstileNJ
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SpiderRicco - Waiting for a response.

Sorry spider I was running around alot this weekend jsut saw this thx alot bro appreciate the offer and the help you guys gave to the commuinity
11/26/12 12:41 PM
NJstileNJ

We started rebuilding this weekend, still havent gotten a dime from insurance. Thanks again for all the well wishes you guys are awesome
11/27/12 6:44 PM
GenericAmerican
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear. Unless there is a coverage issue you haven't mentioned, the money will come. It's not a matter of them trying to delay it, it's just the amount of claims they have to try to process at the same time.

My best recommendation is to call the adjuster a couple times a week until he confirms he has submitted everything. Then ask him who it was submitted to (he probably will not have a specific person's name, just an office or department). Get the number for them and start calling them a couple times a week.

They probably have thousands of claims, maybe tens of thousands, waiting for review & payment. They generally try to handle them in order they were received, but someone is going to be lucky enough to get their claim reviewed first and someone is going to be last. Calling them and asking nicely could very likely shave a week or two off of the time it takes to get paid.

12/18/12 11:30 AM
NJstileNJ

GOOD NEWS: Moving home Friday just in time for xmas....Thank you to everyone that reached out, sent something, offered encouraging words...when I bought my son to see his finished room and all his new toys it was one of the greatest moments ever...So once again thank you UG you guys are awesome
12/18/12 11:33 AM
CLINT NJHC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, can't believe you made it happen man! Congrats!! Hope you and your family's Xmas is awesome.
12/18/12 11:44 AM
BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - GOOD NEWS: Moving home Friday just in time for xmas....Thank you to everyone that reached out, sent something, offered encouraging words...when I bought my son to see his finished room and all his new toys it was one of the greatest moments ever...So once again thank you UG you guys are awesome

Congrats man! Good to see a happy ending to this story!

12/18/12 12:00 PM
NJstileNJ

CLINT NJHC - Wow, can't believe you made it happen man! Congrats!! Hope you and your family's Xmas is awesome.

Thanks man its been quite the journey to get this done 7 days a week of work but itll be worth it...Hope you are yours have a good one too
12/18/12 12:01 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is such an amazing outcome!  very happy for you and your family.  have a great christmas man

12/18/12 12:57 PM
rummy
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - GOOD NEWS: Moving home Friday just in time for xmas....Thank you to everyone that reached out, sent something, offered encouraging words...when I bought my son to see his finished room and all his new toys it was one of the greatest moments ever...So once again thank you UG you guys are awesome

That's great news!  It's awesome that you were able to turn things around before Christmas.  Happy holidays to you and your family.

12/22/12 1:54 AM
GenericAmerican

That's great. Merry Christmas!
12/22/12 2:16 AM
UGCTT_Pariah

Dunno how I missed this thread, but I'm very sorry to read what happened to your house and very thrilled that you got it fixed in time for the holidays!

Have a Merry Christmas!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.