UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ben Rothwell set for UFC Brazil

11/2/12 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.tatame.com.br/napao-diego-nunes-e-iuri-marajo-encaram-gringos-em-janeiro/

The latest fight to be headed for the January show is a heavyweight tussle between Gabriel Gonzaga (13-6 MMA, 8-5 UFC) and Ben Rothwell (32-8 MMA, 2-2 UFC). Sources close to the fight on Friday confirmed the matchup to MMAjunkie.com. Tatame first reported the news. 

11/2/12 1:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll take Gonzaga by submission Phone Post
11/2/12 1:03 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight! I'm leaning towards Big Ben in this one Phone Post
11/2/12 1:32 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phans win

11/2/12 1:40 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent fight.
11/2/12 1:44 PM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -

Just once i wanna see what Gonzaga the BJJ Blackbelt  show up and not Gonzaga the K1-striker...i wanna see if he can go on a tear with the skills that got him to the octagon.

Like the Gonzaga that showed up in his last two fights Phone Post
11/2/12 1:47 PM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As stated elsewhere, Gonzaga's BJJ should be the difference. The real test is whether he can be disciplined enough to use it.
11/2/12 2:07 PM
savage animal
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good scrap!

is this the main event?

11/2/12 2:15 PM
SunnyKO'd my SN
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna go with Big Ben by KO. Amazing fight in any case, I like both these guys.

Also, Gabriel Gonzaga NEEDS to make more philosophizing vids on youtube. "Joke you are a bad" 2.0?!
11/2/12 2:18 PM
Wilson_20
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

savage animal -

good scrap!

is this the main event?

It's a good fight but it won't be any where bear the main event Phone Post
11/2/12 2:26 PM
tog_320

Rothwell by (T)KO. Excited to see the continued evolution of Diego Nunes.
11/2/12 3:06 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ROTHWELL did look to be in considerably better shape in last fight and appears to be taking that aspect more seriously.

Not sure what happened to the GONZAGA of a few yrs ago, somewhat of a shot fighter seeing if he can turn his career around.
11/2/12 4:21 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this is a good fight. Leaning towards a sub finish by Gabriel, but Ben looked really good his last time out. Hmmm...... Phone Post
11/2/12 4:24 PM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - Wow, this is a good fight. Leaning towards a sub finish by Gabriel, but Ben looked really good his last time out. Hmmm...... Phone Post
Yea I think Gabriel has this but Ben has spoiled my night many times :) Phone Post
11/2/12 4:36 PM
slugshot331
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this card on FOX, FX, Fuel???  Thought 156 was supposed to be in Brazil with Aldo v Edgar but that's in February isn't it? 

11/2/12 4:46 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slugshot331 -

Is this card on FOX, FX, Fuel???  Thought 156 was supposed to be in Brazil with Aldo v Edgar but that's in February isn't it? 

I'm going to guess Fuel since there's a Fox and FX show the month before. Phone Post
11/2/12 4:49 PM
slugshot331
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
slugshot331 -

I'm going to guess Fuel since there's a Fox and FX show the month before. Phone Post

GDI. 

Thanks.

11/2/12 4:53 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fitch n prey -
Warzone209 -

Just once i wanna see what Gonzaga the BJJ Blackbelt  show up and not Gonzaga the K1-striker...i wanna see if he can go on a tear with the skills that got him to the octagon.

Like the Gonzaga that showed up in his last two fights Phone Post
He has to find a way to express every opinion with negativity Phone Post
11/2/12 6:00 PM
Neil McCauley

rothwell was getting swept by gilbert yvel and thoroughly outgrappled by mark hunt. Gonzaga is going to eat him alive.
11/2/12 6:02 PM
MadmanGadman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this fight! Both guys are really fun to watch and I got the pleasure of meeting both of them at the UFC fan expo in Boston. Both guys were really down to earth and really appreciated the love from the fans.

If Big Ben can stay on his feet he's got a good chance of winning, but napo's bjj is top notch and can definitely sub Ben.

I can't wait for this fight! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.