UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stephan Bonnar fails UFC 153 drug tests

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
11/2/12 2:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

For the fourth time in his last ten fights, one of Anderson Silva's opponents has failed a drug test. This time it is Stephan Bonnar, and it was his second positive test.

All 24 fighters who competed at this past month's UFC 153 event in Brazil were tested, and Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman were the lone two competitors who failed the screen.

Bonnar tested positive for Drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, while Herman's screen was flagged for marijuana metabolites.

Anderson Silva defeated Bonnar in the evening's headliner while Herman was submitted by Antonio Rodrgio Nogueira in the co-main event.

With the lack of an athletic commission to govern the event, UFC officials took the role of overseeing the fight card. A suspension to the fighters is expected sometime next week.

Bonnar earlier this week announced his retirement.

At UFC 62 Bonnar tested positive for a Boldenone metabolite that resulted from anabolic-steroid use.

Herman was in 2011 scratched from a planned matchup with Mike Russow when he failed a pre-fight drug screen issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Herman later revealed marijuana was the offending substance, though he denied using the drug.

Read entire article...

11/2/12 3:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/2/12 3:02 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noooo! Phone Post
UGCTT_SidRival
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -

Lol awesome gif Phone Post
the geek
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks for Bonnar to go out like that...

.... and also explains Herman's performance.
11/2/12 3:04 PM
Rigamaroles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder how Dana is going to feel about that. This is the second time he's popped for steroids. The UFC has done quite a bit for Bonnar, even calling him 'their guy' and saying he'll be with them forever.

I'll bet Herman is released after this now that he's had consecutive tests popped for the same thing in combination with a losing record in the UFC. Phone Post
11/2/12 3:04 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks for Bonnar but he has had more than one chance. A lot of people won't be surprised on here though
11/2/12 3:05 PM
tomp6581
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should never have got the fight in the first place. Retired a disgrace? Phone Post
guardbr8kr

Stephan Bonner is already retired. The UFC told us so.

Whats the problem, he stepped up on short notice?
the geek
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whadafykumeanitstaken - I GOT OVER 20 VOTED DOWNS BEAUSE OF MY CORRECT SPECULATION THAT BONNAR RETIRED TBEAUSE OF A FAILEDO STEROID TEST.

FUCK YOU UG. LMAO.

IY WAS OBVIOUS IF YOU WEREN'T BIASED...OH WAIT'S..

PLEASE POST LINK TO THREAD HERE.

There's a difference between "SPECULATION" and confirmation.
11/2/12 3:06 PM
Rigamaroles

It's really just too bad, too. Bonnar is a skilled fighter and a personable guy that brings value to MMA. But unfortunately he didn't do himself, the UFC or MMA any favors this time. I'll still be a fan of the guy, but I'm disappointed for sure. Phone Post
D241
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2083647&forum=1&page=1&pc=14

Dave Herman and Stephan Bonnar

19 minutes ago

Sparrow_II

Stephan Bonnar fails UFC 153 drug tests

3 minutes ago

Underground Blog

UG news doing what UG news does best  lol

tomp6581
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a dick. Phone Post
11/2/12 3:07 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whadafykumeanitstaken - I GOT OVER 20 VOTED DOWNS BEAUSE OF MY CORRECT SPECULATION THAT BONNAR RETIRED TBEAUSE OF A FAILEDO STEROID TEST.

FUCK YOU UG. LMAO.

Voted up since you called it. But did you really need the caps? Kinda being a dick about it
11/2/12 3:10 PM
D241
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YOU UG. LMAO.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2082855

voted up confirmed speculation guy. I didn't vote you down, but for those that did, hopefully they follow suit.

11/2/12 3:10 PM
the geek

Edited: 11/02/12 3:11 PM
D241 - 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2083647&forum=1&page=1&pc=14

19 minutes ago

Sparrow_II

3 minutes ago

Underground Blog

I have no problem with the UG news posting this, if they don't post MMA related news then whats the point of having it.

I do however think that if they are alerted from another thread they should give credit in their post.

11/2/12 3:11 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YOU UG. LMAO.

and you just received another for being a smug asshole.
11/2/12 3:15 PM
DiscoNfrno
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was obvious to me just looking at him, but you can't ever say shit about it on here, because there is too much ignorance.

11/2/12 3:17 PM
32Hunter

I thought Herman has Some marijuana incident before, and he denier it.

Yeah right. Phone Post
11/2/12 3:17 PM
the geek

Edited: 11/02/12 3:17 PM

P.S.

If you want to vote the OP up find his original thread and vote up only the original post, the OP of a thread get's 3 vote ups per click.

11/2/12 3:18 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone know if he has to pay the NASC fines or can he choose to not pay them since he is now "retired"? Just curious..thanks Phone Post
11/2/12 3:19 PM
32Hunter

the geek -

P.S.

If you want to vote the OP up find his original thread and vote up only the original post, the OP of a thread get's 3 vote ups per click.

I dont think the do anymore. Phone Post
11/2/12 3:19 PM
RandyDarsh
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whadafykumeanitstaken - I GOT OVER 20 VOTED DOWNS BEAUSE OF MY CORRECT SPECULATION THAT BONNAR RETIRED TBEAUSE OF A FAILEDO STEROID TEST.

FUCK YOU UG. LMAO.

The vote downs might have also been from another not so awesome thread you made dissing kirik Phone Post
11/2/12 3:21 PM
D241

the geek - 
D241 - 

19 minutes ago

Sparrow_II

3 minutes ago

Underground Blog

I have no problem with the UG news posting this, if they don't post MMA related news then whats the point of having it.

I do however think that if they are alerted from another thread they should give credit in their post.

That's all I'm sayin bro. They used to have the capability of combing the threads. Like I'm sure this will be a UG news piece, so when you read the main page and click on the article, it would say, "click to view comments in forum", and then they used to have the original news breakers thread.  Maybe they cut out that capability or just don't give a fuck anymore.

Ah well. That's why I stopped making news breaking threads. I figured UG news would just create their own thread anyways. Besides, if I find something brand spanking new, I'm sure someone else will make a thread for the ug news to steal/call their own :P

11/2/12 3:21 PM
StratTone
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is very dissapointing to hear. Bonnar was a good guy and that isn't a good way to go out. Bums me out.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.