UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> #FranksFight & MMA Community Front Page News

6/11/13 11:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiscipleDojo
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

6/11/13 1:25 PM
Loadin76
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

6/12/13 2:58 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loadin76 -

Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

This, as Kenny Rogers said, always on my mind. Phone Post
6/14/13 10:43 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Friday support Bump!! Phone Post 3.0
6/14/13 11:42 AM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been keeping track on this thread and facebook. We have a close friend in a simalar boat. They are ok financially but had just lost their 21 year old daughter last year. Beautiful, kind loving people too. Fuck this disease. Wendy, I hope you can find the strength to stay in school as a big fuck you to cancer. Dont let it stop you. Prayers sent. Phone Post
6/14/13 6:32 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dMo -  I have been keeping track on this thread and facebook. We have a close friend in a simalar boat. They are ok financially but had just lost their 21 year old daughter last year. Beautiful, kind loving people too. Fuck this disease. Wendy, I hope you can find the strength to stay in school as a big fuck you to cancer. Dont let it stop you. Prayers sent. Phone Post

Thanks for the comment. I had to take a leave of absence until September. The requirements at the Master's level are just too much with all the new stuff on my plate. I need to go back to focusing on raising money until we are back in a more stable situation. I spoke with my school and they know how I am with not being in school if I cannot maintain top level grades. I am a perfectionist with my schoolwork and could not handle seeing it suffer. I agree with Fuck this disease because it truly destroys more than the patient. Again thanks for the comment I have not withdrawn from school just took a leave so technically I am still a student ;)

6/14/13 11:18 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

6/17/13 9:58 PM
DiscipleDojo
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump

6/20/13 1:53 PM
Luvdcuties

Still waiting to hear from the doctor and it is so frustrating. Doctor said we woould get a call on June 10th or 11th yet here we are on June 19th and still no call. Frank has called the office twice now and both times his calls were not returned. It is a shame when people drop the ball and your life sits in the balance. Hope you all are having a good day. 

6/20/13 2:37 PM
DiscipleDojo

That sucks, Wendy. If any medical bureaucrats need choking out, let me know! 

Constantly praying for you both.

6/20/13 4:51 PM
Loadin76
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.upworthy.com/long-shot-doctors-inject-fatal-virus-into-dying-girl-this-100-true-story-will-amaze-you?g=2

Here ya go Frank and Wendy... posted on another thread.

Never give up, Never surrender
6/21/13 12:50 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoping for the best for you guys! Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:06 PM
Luvdcuties

Taken from facebook

***UPDATE***

As Frank got ready for his appointment this am he still was unsure whether or not he would be choosing to do anymore chemotherapy. We walked up to the center and we sat with his oncologist to discuss further the treatment Boston had decided would be next. We were told that his cancer is End Stage and that without treatment the cancer would continue to rapidly spread and take over his body. The treatment is to slow down the cancer. We were told this treatment has a 40 percent chance of a response. Frank decided to do the chemotherapy and completed his first day of the new chemotherapy today. Since Frank has already had so much chemotherapy many precautions have to be taken. He was given aloxi, decadron, emend, ativan, and fluids. These are all the pre-meds before his two chemotherapy drugs which are gemcitabine and oxaliplatin. He also was given 2 prescriptions for home. He was out of it because of the ativan and slept through the infusion. He was able to stay up a small bit once home and then was out cold sleeping again. The doctor has warned us that this chemo is a high dosage and with everything Frank has already been through we need to keep a close eye on everything. We now have to go back into cautious mode. Frank can not be near anyone who is sick and we need to ensure no sickness comes in the house. He is a quick update I will elaborate more about side effects and such in the coming days as well as keep every updated with his progress. Thank you all for supporting FranksFight.

6/26/13 12:00 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Luvdcuties -

Taken from facebook

***UPDATE***

As Frank got ready for his appointment this am he still was unsure whether or not he would be choosing to do anymore chemotherapy. We walked up to the center and we sat with his oncologist to discuss further the treatment Boston had decided would be next. We were told that his cancer is End Stage and that without treatment the cancer would continue to rapidly spread and take over his body. The treatment is to slow down the cancer. We were told this treatment has a 40 percent chance of a response. Frank decided to do the chemotherapy and completed his first day of the new chemotherapy today. Since Frank has already had so much chemotherapy many precautions have to be taken. He was given aloxi, decadron, emend, ativan, and fluids. These are all the pre-meds before his two chemotherapy drugs which are gemcitabine and oxaliplatin. He also was given 2 prescriptions for home. He was out of it because of the ativan and slept through the infusion. He was able to stay up a small bit once home and then was out cold sleeping again. The doctor has warned us that this chemo is a high dosage and with everything Frank has already been through we need to keep a close eye on everything. We now have to go back into cautious mode. Frank can not be near anyone who is sick and we need to ensure no sickness comes in the house. He is a quick update I will elaborate more about side effects and such in the coming days as well as keep every updated with his progress. Thank you all for supporting FranksFight.

Really rooting for you guys... I hope the treatment is affective. Tell frank I'm thinking about him and sending good Juu Juu his way!! Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 1:26 AM
UGCTT Jobe Watson's Original Butler
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
6/26/13 11:49 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Frank is a warrior far beyond the term. Praying for u guys. Phone Post 3.0
6/27/13 1:43 AM
Luvdcuties

Some updates from facebook

***Wendy's Words***

After sitting on the phone with health insurance for hours today I find myself in quite the quiet house. As I sit here I very much stress the outcome of this new treatment and for many reasons. Frank has had permanent damage done due to the recent treatments and I am afraid there could be new or worse damage done from the new treatment. I am so very proud of Frank for choosing to do new treatment. Watching what he goes through I can tell you I would not have continued to deal with everything he deals with. He often has to depend on me to tell him what has and is happening since the drugs end up messing with his memory. Think about not being able to remember major events that involved yourself and having to depend on others to share with you those memories. It is not easy. I am glad he does not remember certain things as I know for me they were very traumatic to watch. I often have nightmares about it however I would rather have those than my husband. He deals with other nightmares and he need not add to those. Sitting here while he lies in the bed with no energy to move destroys me since that is not my happy hubby. I share with you some of my thoughts so you can hear a touch of what I deal with while he lays and fights through this. I cannot fix him and I think that is what kills me the most I just want to take it all away from him so he can just experience a sick free feeling for once. Thanks for reading my thoughts.

***Chemotherapy Day 2***

Frank is experiencing again many of the side effects associated with chemotherapy. Some of these side effects can and have become permanent from the previous chemotherapy he received. He has had a horrible headache since yesterday and it continues today. He is nauseous and has not eaten anything since yesterday which was a few spoonfuls of soup. Since his skin is now sensitive after the stem cell transplant he cannot wear the patch that used to help with his nausea. His neuropathy has intensified so standing on our hard wood floors has become more of an issue. He is also experiencing tingling in his hands as well. He is having pains all over and does not have the strength to do anything but lay in bed. He did speak with his chemo nurse this afternoon as she was concerned and wanted to check on the side effects that are and will continue to happen. Thank you all for supporting#FranksFight

***UPDATE***

As Frank got ready for his appointment this am he still was unsure whether or not he would be choosing to do anymore chemotherapy. We walked up to the center and we sat with his oncologist to discuss further the treatment Boston had decided would be next. We were told that his cancer is End Stage and that without treatment the cancer would continue to rapidly spread and take over his body. The treatment is to slow down the cancer. We were told this treatment has a 40 percent chance of a response. Frank decided to do the chemotherapy and completed his first day of the new chemotherapy today. Since Frank has already had so much chemotherapy many precautions have to be taken. He was given aloxi, decadron, emend, ativan, and fluids. These are all the pre-meds before his two chemotherapy drugs which are gemcitabine and oxaliplatin. He also was given 2 prescriptions for home. He was out of it because of the ativan and slept through the infusion. He was able to stay up a small bit once home and then was out cold sleeping again. The doctor has warned us that this chemo is a high dosage and with everything Frank has already been through we need to keep a close eye on everything. We now have to go back into cautious mode. Frank can not be near anyone who is sick and we need to ensure no sickness comes in the house. He is a quick update I will elaborate more about side effects and such in the coming days as well as keep every updated with his progress. Thank you all for supporting FranksFight

6/27/13 1:55 AM
Loadin76

You two are my heros... I hope liked the pic i sent him :)
6/27/13 2:05 AM
Luvdcuties

Loadin76 - You two are my heros... I hope liked the pic i sent him :)

He did that was so awesome. He saw it before me and was all excited to show me. 

6/27/13 2:08 AM
Loadin76

Luvdcuties - 

My cousins daughter apparently is good friends with her so I knew I needed to try. I would have posted it here but I lost my blue :)
6/27/13 2:26 AM
Luvdcuties

Loadin76 - 
Luvdcuties - 

My cousins daughter apparently is good friends with her so I knew I needed to try. I would have posted it here but I lost my blue :)

I got it ;) You deserve a blue for this pic that was awesome.

6/27/13 2:27 AM
Loadin76

Luvdcuties - 
Loadin76 - 
Luvdcuties - 

I got it ;) You deserve a blue for this pic that was awesome.

You guys are my adopted family.... anything for my adopted family :)
6/27/13 3:15 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your family is always in my thoughts, please let Frank know his buddy from the UG is pulling for him. I couldn't tell you the last time I prayed, but I'll pray tonight. With all my heart I wish you the best. Phone Post
6/27/13 4:04 PM
DiscipleDojo

In Frank's and your corner as always, Wendy. Fight 'til you can't fight anymore...then keep fighting!

Let me know if you guys need anything or if there's anything I can do to help. I don't know what that might be, but I'm up for whatever I can do on this end.

6/27/13 4:19 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Really wishing you guys the best... Keep up the good work Moma Bear, your one of the good ones in this world!!

Fuck you every way possible Cancer!! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.