UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> #FranksFight & MMA Community Front Page News

7/17/13 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pescy you should copy paste that interview here for everyone :-)

War Frank!!! Phone Post
7/17/13 9:28 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
7/17/13 9:32 PM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Frank! Hope ur doing better buddy! Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 9:52 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  Pescy you should copy paste that interview here for everyone :-)

War Frank!!! Phone Post

Stolen from DOJO's thread. sorry for the fleecing dojo!!! was coerced into it!

How has it affected your family and friends?

Edge: "Some family has been overly bothered by it while others are in such denial that they say 'you are going to be ok and that it is going to be fine' and these people will not accept it until I am gone and by then it will be too late."

Have you received any other support outside of family and friends?

Edge: "The support I have gotten from the MMA community alone was support I first thought I never would get and second when it started not only did it hit hard it hit fast. This includes fighters and fans. Fighters from all organizations across the world jumped in to support. The support from InvictaFC starting with Shannon Knapp and Janet Martin and their family and all the fighters in the organization has been absolutely tremendous in their support of me and sharing my story. Not only have they helped us from the heart they also allowed me and my wife to walk the red carpet in Vegas. Me and my wife had never even been on a honeymoon this was amazing. The MMA community over at MMA.tv (The underground) has been the biggest supporter of #FranksFight. They put #FranksFight on the map and because of them and some forum threads the hashtag #FranksFight was created. Many members of this forum have stepped up to raise money themselves just for me.  "

Being involved in martial arts I’m sure you have had your share of challenges. Considering the serious circumstances how do you go about tackling this challenge put in front of you?

Edge: "As far as the fighting goes I was never a fighter. My background in the martial arts was 16 years of Tae kwon do achieving my 4th degree black belt. I was always a huge kickboxing fan and K1 led me to pancrase and then to the UFC where I have been a fan since Royce Gracie was choking people lol. As far as being a fan I have been one to follow all organizations and fighters and all combat sports adding in football. When my want to train pretty much faded away it was all football until I really became a fan of K1. With peter Aerts and Bruce Lee being my favorites of all time. I can see from having trained in an art and being as devoted a fan as I am I can tell the hard work that goes into each and everything these guys do. I feel the way I have to fight to stay alive and to deal with my chemotherapy treatments would be just like a guy training and trying to recover from training or a weight cut. I try to keep my head up push forward and know I will feel better again. There is no body better at weathering a storm."

Do you see yourself overcoming this tough obstacle?

Edge: "Yes and no. No because my disease is going to kill me and I know it is going to I understand it and I deal with it and YES because it will never break my mind, my spirit, and never stop me from laughing."

Finally when people look at your story what is the one thing you want them to learn from it all ?

Edge: "Only two things……one you can fight and two even if you know there is an end you do not have to look at it like that."

Is there anything else you would like the people to know about Frank Edge?

Edge: "I had a great opportunity to help raise two of the best boys ever and I am glad I got the chance."

Is there anyone you would like to thank before we wrap up this interview?

Edge: "Janet Martin - Shannon Knapp - James Michael Smith aka Disciple Dojo on the UG. - Chris and Brian Cammozzi and Ingrained Media - ElPescadero, LNPNinja, Sakarabasear, TattillIdie,  Matt Phillips, The Geek, Captain America, Bagger, Jason Miller aka 303, and everyone else on the UGAll fighters at invictafc, and bellator Dana White and the UFC for the wonderful trip to NJ and UFC159- A huge thanks to Renzo Gracie, Ottavia Bourdain and husband Anthony, Jason and all guys at Renzo Gracie academy in New York, Future Legend Ian “Uncle Creepy” McCall and his family as well as Raphael natal, Frankie Edgar, John Danaher, Igor Gracie, and Renato Laranja. Also RIP Wrekker before he passed he often sent me messages of encouragement."

7/17/13 9:55 PM
Humboldt
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're the man Frank. Your fight has inspired countless people, we hope we can help to continue to inspire you too. Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 10:20 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rofl oops my bad should have copied link here too here is direct link thank you el pescadero  http://uscombatsports.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=191&id=11505&Itemid=27

7/17/13 10:42 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No problem... Very touched that Frank mentioned my name!

Hope you guys have a good night! Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 2:42 PM
DiscipleDojo
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fleece away, Pescy! Fleece away! :)

7/18/13 3:26 PM
UGCTT Captain America
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - No problem... Very touched that Frank mentioned my name!

Hope you guys have a good night! Phone Post 3.0
Seriously, made my house get all dusty Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 3:33 PM
Jay Haas
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 4:45 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

DiscipleDojo -

Fleece away, Pescy! Fleece away! :)

Repent!!!

Forgive me for Sins!! Lol

War frank. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:48 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To The Top!

Great read! We are all with you Frank and Wendy! Phone Post
7/20/13 10:50 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are the best.

I feel bad about some people I forgot but glad I remembered that many. You guys will still mean everything to franksfight ling after I am gone. Phone Post
7/20/13 10:51 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*long Phone Post
7/20/13 11:04 AM
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_NKTKDace - You guys are the best.

I feel bad about some people I forgot but glad I remembered that many. You guys will still mean everything to franksfight ling after I am gone. Phone Post
Dude u didn't mention Sid Rival!!?!?!?!?? Wtf Frank.. Lol I kid I kid. Great interview. U truly are an inspiration brother. We're all in this with u. Love u buddy. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 12:27 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Your the man Frank, I feel so privileged to have met you (on line style) and to lend whatever small amount of Support I could.

I truly feel like you have made me a better person and for that I will always be thankful.

Can't wait for Football season to get going again. You think your Irish will be at the top of the heap again?

Hope you have a great day. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 1:42 PM

Pesc check ur PM please. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 10:23 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace

UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap -

Dude u didn't mention Sid Rival!!?!?!?!?? Wtf Frank.. Lol I kid I kid. Great interview. U truly are an inspiration brother. We're all in this with u. Love u buddy. Phone Post 3.0
lol man I forgot a few to say the least

And thanks Phone Post
7/20/13 10:28 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace

UGCTT_El Pescadero -

Your the man Frank, I feel so privileged to have met you (on line style) and to lend whatever small amount of Support I could.

I truly feel like you have made me a better person and for that I will always be thankful.

Can't wait for Football season to get going again. You think your Irish will be at the top of the heap again?

Thanks man and likewise for sure. You're a great guy.

The Irish will be better on offense but the defense I just don't know. They only lost Manti in def so Fox better step it up. They could actually be much better this year. They played a lot of underclassmen last year on both sides.of the ball.

I am excited though and have been watching the games from last year. Wendy got me the whole season box set. Phone Post
7/21/13 3:02 AM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero -

Your a awesome mofo brotha VTFU Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 10:47 PM
Luvdcuties
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank's words 

This is frank here. You know what sucked? This whole damn day. My body is worn and tired and i don't even want to move. Not going chemo may not be the best thing but yeah I already feel like hell so fill me up with some more poison please....wait what? Yeah thats how I felt. My balance is real bad, i feel like a pinball and sometimes not feeling the ground under my feet is a little unsettling. All of this is because of side effects. Side effects I get from chemotherapy, that I am being given to be kept alive longer. Kept alive to suffer. Yeah its not all its cracked up to be. 

On a side note thanks to my dad for the medication help. When you see those commercials that have the elderly picking between medication and food? ...yeah its true.

***UPDATE***

Frank went to the doctor's today to start cycle two of chemotherapy however it has been put on hold for at least a week. He is napping now however he was feeling horrible and is wheezing. He was prescribed a steroid, an inhaler, reglan, and an antibiotic. The doctor has discussed lowering his chemotherapy dosage when he does get cycle two since the side effects are real bad for him. He has issues with his balance now and the neuropathy has gotten a bit worse. He is very fatigued all the time and this too is an issue. He has been eating however has gained no weight this too is a concern. We knew going into this that Frank may not be able to handle more chemotherapy however he had to try. I will keep you all updated. He is scheduled to be back in the office on Tuesday of next week. The 4 new medications that he was given out of pocket cost is 200.00 which is outrageous however when you have no health insurance the pharmacy does not care. Hopefully we can find a way to pay for the medications. Pretty horrible you need medication but if you do not have the money they do not have to give them to you just amazes me. Ok enough of that time to take a nap along side of my hubby. He was up all night feeling crappy and I was up with him so my eyes need to close for a bit. Thank you all for supporting us as we travel this bumpy road. - See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/other/franksfight/62483/update/55700#sthash.ntCAAXqJ.dpuf

7/22/13 11:03 PM
Luvdcuties

Frank's interview is now also featured on http://bjjlegends.com you can read it here 

http://bjjlegends.com/bjj/jiujitsu/item/1152-frank-edge-the-fight-against-cancer

7/22/13 11:04 PM
Luvdcuties

Edited: 07/22/13 11:20 PM

Double Post

7/22/13 11:05 PM

Thoughts and prayers for u and frank Wendy. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 11:11 PM
the geek
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My heart is continually with you guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.