UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Shoulder problem

11/3/12 8:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fnunderful
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn thing locks up and shooting pain follows down my right arm. It isn't like the torn rotator pain from last year. This time I can't raise my arm over my head until i roll it around a bit....dislocation? Sometimes i don't even have to be using it for it to happen...ideas?
11/3/12 8:32 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

labrum tear?

and trust me....that would suck!
11/3/12 9:02 AM
fnunderful
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought ripping labia was a good thing?
11/3/12 5:11 PM
FCTV808
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pinch nerve?
11/3/12 5:35 PM
JIMMYNAKS
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too much 2am Redtube? Phone Post
11/3/12 5:53 PM
fnunderful

i'm hoping pinched nerve....i'm going to go for another MRI...
11/4/12 9:17 AM
fnunderful

Thanks mon frere! the only thing that concerns me is my range of motion is fine until it happens, then i can't raise my arm without considerable pain. once i roll it a few times and it feels like it is snapping back into place, the pain is gone and i can move it again no problem....
11/4/12 5:14 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking labrum is torn. kinda like how if you have menicus torn in knee and the flap moves and prevent movement, but then gets pushed down back into place.

that's my SWAG. If it is, that gonna suck :(

When you go for MRI?
11/4/12 8:04 PM
fnunderful

i'm going to call and make an appointment. It will probably be a month or so before i get shoved in the hole
11/4/12 11:10 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

a month? WTF?
11/4/12 11:53 PM
FCTV808
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

make sure to request chanel's mri place.
11/5/12 11:03 AM
fnunderful

....no doubt!
11/16/12 12:12 AM
fnunderful

MRI is tonight. Docs initial prognosis is labrum tear. Stay tuned for details!
11/16/12 12:34 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

why you need doc tell you that........I ALREADY MADE PROGNOSIS!

I fix em too!

*shapens knife grabs staple gun, hammer and nails
11/16/12 7:09 AM
JIMMYNAKS
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask for bionic replacement parts.
Make costume.
Become a Super Hero. Phone Post
11/17/12 3:26 PM
fnunderful

Results are in....no surgery, yet. He said it doesn't look like in any danger of tearing but what he thinks it is doing is sliding off the groove in the shoulder which causes the pain and instability. It is something he can repair but he said if I can tolerate the pain and it isn't affecting my regular life then to just leave it. I asked what the worst that would happen and he said the bicep can collapse and that is a simple fix.
I was in the gym last night and it only slid over once and I rolled it right back into place and was good to go! I did coerce a tap out with my bionic penis....but that is a story for another time...May all your children be beautiful and none of them mine!
11/18/12 1:47 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

fnunderful - Results are in....no surgery, yet. He said it doesn't look like in any danger of tearing but what he thinks it is doing is sliding off the groove in the shoulder which causes the pain and instability. It is something he can repair but he said if I can tolerate the pain and it isn't affecting my regular life then to just leave it. I asked what the worst that would happen and he said the bicep can collapse and that is a simple fix.
I was in the gym last night and it only slid over once and I rolled it right back into place and was good to go! I did coerce a tap out with my bionic penis....but that is a story for another time...May all your children be beautiful and none of them mine!

"...he said if I can tolerate the pain and it isn't affecting my regular life then to just leave it."

I not a doctor, but.....does he understand your hobby of grappo? yes you can get away with a surprising amount of shit, especially if sedentary, which you aren't. Gnome sayin'?

"He said it doesn't look like in any danger of tearing but what he thinks it is doing is sliding off the groove in the shoulder which causes the pain and instability." Again not a doc, but....instability is the problem in the grappo and I would think make you more susceptible to tearing. All that said, if you are determined to rehab and then strengthen it through the range of motion I can recommend using things like clubbells and kettlebells (after rehab), which make you learn to move it and strenghten it at all kinda motions and angles.

I had my labrum all fucked up for over a decade and basically made everything around it strong enough and developed hyper vigilance/tension in the musculature to hold it together most of the time and I learned to move around the injury. But in retrospect, I shoulda got it fixed much sooner rather than wait 'til I was 42y.o. when shit gets harder to deal with. As it is it's been 15mos and I'm pretty well off ~85% good, but I'm still dealing with mostly being very gun-shy in certain things and in training. So I say, if you can get it done with as short a healing time possible do it, rather than risk something happening in training making it worse and recovering from repairs longer.
11/20/12 10:44 AM
fnunderful

Thanks friend. I will consider the surgery but really hate the idea of letting someone put me unconcious to probe me with sharp objects.
Excellent advice though, I will do some drinking on the subject...
11/20/12 4:13 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

nevermind the sharp object.......it's the robot teeth I'd worry about!

11/20/12 4:38 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

YIKES!
11/20/12 11:52 PM
fnunderful

is it weird that i have a boner?
11/21/12 3:39 AM
JIMMYNAKS

Shit Bro. Time to take up knife fighting?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.