UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thank u Shane Carwin!

11/3/12 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 years ago Shane came to Bakersfield for an autograph signing so my lil sister and I went out to meet him. The place was rightfully packed and the line was very long but I was more than willing to wait. We waited in line for like 2 hours and were almost to the table and the staff comes up and cuts the line off right in front of us and tells us Shane has to leave. I was extreme disappoint. Flash forward to a few months ago, I'm on teh UG and I see a thread talking about how Shane always sticks around to "sign every autograph and take every picture." I felt because of my experience this was not true and posted such in the thread.

Then I get a PM. I check it and it's Shane. He asked when and where this happened so I told him an he explained that the police had shut them down over capacity issues and he was already running late to catch his plane. He apologized and asked me for my address. And a few days ago I received a personalized signed 8x10 and some Carwin Army decals in the mail. I just wanted to say thank u to Shane for going the extra mile. He may not always be able to stay for "every picture and every autograph" due to circumstance but he will definitely go out of his way to make it right if u reach out to him. Shane is a true ambassador of the sport and we are extremely lucky to have him around on the UG with all the knuckle heads like us.

THANK U SHANE CARWIN FOR EVERYTHING U DO FOR US AND THE SPORT!

Phone Post
11/3/12 2:41 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool.  I have Royce Gracie and Urijah Faber Autographs on those style of photos.  Also very cool that Carwin took the time out of his day to do this for you. 

11/3/12 2:45 PM
Clarence Parents
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool of Shane to do that. We're very fortunate to have people like Carwin willing to accommodate and respond to fans in this crazy place.
11/3/12 2:48 PM
El Ninja
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to Carwin, thnx for sharing. Phone Post
11/3/12 2:53 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome.. Big reason why Carwin is a fan favorite
11/3/12 3:03 PM
whatamess
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gotta love that guy
11/3/12 3:15 PM
bruised
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yeah, TTT for Carwin and the $20k win on the coach's challenge :) Phone Post
11/3/12 3:17 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol he CRUSHED Roy in that coaches challenge. Phone Post
11/3/12 3:18 PM
voorhees

Carwin seems like a good guy.

I wish he didnt have those back problems,cuz i wonder if its gonna keep him from ever being an elite HW again
11/3/12 3:25 PM
BrokeFitch

El Ninja - Props to Carwin, thnx for sharing. Phone Post
!!! Phone Post
11/3/12 3:30 PM
the geek
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The avocado green paint really works with the dark hardwood floors.

Oh and awesome story, Shane does seem like one of the most genuinely nicest guys in MMA.
11/3/12 3:52 PM
FOX Force Five
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice one Shane.

11/3/12 4:08 PM
Gilbert956
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put a whooping on Nelson "Shotgun" Shane Carwin! Phone Post
11/3/12 4:13 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

the geek - The avocado green paint really works with the dark hardwood floors.

Oh and awesome story, Shane does seem like one of the most genuinely nicest guys in MMA.
Lol thank u. Phone Post
11/3/12 4:51 PM
MachidasBrew 209TT

Haha last nights episode of tuf was hilarious, Shane runs fast for a big guy!

11/4/12 12:12 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

MachidasBrew 209TT -

Haha last nights episode of tuf was hilarious, Shane runs fast for a big guy!

His time was pretty fast for a big guy. Phone Post
11/4/12 12:27 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty damn cool!

But.... War Team Fat Kid!! Poor Roy, fucking Track n Field... Lmao... Most people forget that we fat kids have to put a Governor in for safety purposes... The Frame would simply start Rattling n Shaking and everything would fall apart if we ever got close to maximum RPM's!! Everyone was giving Roy shit for the Run, that homie had the Throttle Wide Open... Damn Governor got in the way! Phone Post
11/4/12 2:36 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Lol ^ Phone Post
1/9/13 1:36 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

TTT 

1/9/13 1:42 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Governor!! Phone Post
1/9/13 1:51 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero - Damn Governor!! Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
4/4/13 2:45 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

TTT

4/4/13 2:45 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

TTT

4/4/13 3:27 PM
BackAndLeft
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Carwin for life Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.