UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bonnar, Herman admit guilt

11/3/12 3:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McSurly
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Bonnar and Dave Herman Admit to Taking Banned Substances in Relation to UFC 153

Posted on by MMAWeekly.com Staff

Bonnar and Dave Herman, following their participation at UFC 153 in Brazil, on Friday were the latest athletes snagged by drug testing. Bonnar tested positive for steroids, while Herman popped hot for marijuana.

When the UFC makes the trek down to Brazil, as in many other locations outside of the U.S. and Canada, there is often no athletic commission to oversee the event or drug testing. In such cases, the UFC regulates itself under the eye of former Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Marc Ratner, and contracts a third party, accredited drug testing company.

Bonnar and Herman tested positive as a result of such procedures, and the UFC on Saturday issued the following statement that includes an admission of guilt by Bonnar and Herman:

“Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman tested positive for banned substances following their bouts at UFC 153. The UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. Both fighters have admitted taking the banned substances and have orally agreed to suspensions. Once the suspensions have been reduced to written agreements, the results of their tests and the agreed upon suspensions will be sent to the Association of Boxing Commissions official record-keeper so other jurisdictions will be on notice.”

Stephan Bonnar retired following the bout, while Dave Herman has lost his last three fights for the UFC.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/stephen-bonnar-and-dave-herman-admit-to-taking-banned-substances-in-relation-to-ufc-153

11/3/12 4:51 PM
Fabefromfort
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the results of tests not affecting the cards anymore because they come out after the events are held, it really doesn't matter anymore. The UFC has ensurred cards are held despite drugs, or performance enhancers being involved in cards. This is becomming more and more apparent, because frankly I don't think Bonnar even cared, or probably didn't even try to hide his juicing this time around. Cyborg was upset, but, it was more the suspension, and its implications monetarily or otherwise, that she was hurt about. Everyone in the know knows everyone is using, pretty much, at the elite level. They are going to be caught more and more, not because of the testing procedures, because the penalties won't be realized until after everything is said and done. Just, with an organization that's lost most of its integrity matchmakingwise, look for them to give it up on the PED side as well. I hope someone dies in the cage, and a juicer is responsible. Then lets see how it goes down, thats the fight I want to see.
11/3/12 4:56 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dave Hermans performance was nothing short of bizarre. I'd say I was high too.
11/3/12 4:57 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Fabefromfort - With the results of tests not affecting the cards anymore because they come out after the events are held, it really doesn't matter anymore. The UFC has ensurred cards are held despite drugs, or performance enhancers being involved in cards. This is becomming more and more apparent, because frankly I don't think Bonnar even cared, or probably didn't even try to hide his juicing this time around. Cyborg was upset, but, it was more the suspension, and its implications monetarily or otherwise, that she was hurt about. Everyone in the know knows everyone is using, pretty much, at the elite level. They are going to be caught more and more, not because of the testing procedures, because the penalties won't be realized until after everything is said and done. Just, with an organization that's lost most of its integrity matchmakingwise, look for them to give it up on the PED side as well. I hope someone dies in the cage, and a juicer is responsible. Then lets see how it goes down, thats the fight I want to see.

What a silly view re: "The UFC has ensurred cards are held despite drugs, or performance enhancers being involved in cards. "

What is it you would like them to do? They test the fighters right before the fight, but how could they possibly get the results in advance? They also test the fighters right after....are you suggesting they invent a time machine?

Then you go on to wish that someone DIES in the cage just to make your point?

11/3/12 5:19 PM
32Hunter

Herman better get whatever Diaz got.
11/3/12 5:48 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

32Hunter - Herman better get whatever Diaz got.

This is not the NSAC. I'm sure you will cry about it though :)

11/3/12 5:58 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another fighter hurting his career for pot, just laughable.
11/3/12 6:58 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabefromfort - With the results of tests not affecting the cards anymore because they come out after the events are held, it really doesn't matter anymore. The UFC has ensurred cards are held despite drugs, or performance enhancers being involved in cards. This is becomming more and more apparent, because frankly I don't think Bonnar even cared, or probably didn't even try to hide his juicing this time around. Cyborg was upset, but, it was more the suspension, and its implications monetarily or otherwise, that she was hurt about. Everyone in the know knows everyone is using, pretty much, at the elite level. They are going to be caught more and more, not because of the testing procedures, because the penalties won't be realized until after everything is said and done. Just, with an organization that's lost most of its integrity matchmakingwise, look for them to give it up on the PED side as well. I hope someone dies in the cage, and a juicer is responsible. Then lets see how it goes down, thats the fight I want to see.
Yeah cause nobody juices outside the UFC?

I loved Pride but come on more fighters juiced in Pride Phone Post
11/3/12 8:03 PM
CindyO

32Hunter - Herman better get whatever Diaz got.

Good kush?

Cindy

11/3/12 8:05 PM
CindyO

PR - Another fighter hurting his career for pot, just laughable.

What's funny is the last time Herman was popped for weed he denied that he smokes=) At lteast he admitted it this time. Still, both of these guys are idiots.

Cindy

11/3/12 8:35 PM
clown makeup

It is indicative of the proverbial “passing of the guard”; disrespect, nonchalance, don’t really care: for the UFC anymore, precedent set by Jon Jones. The UFC is no longer considered a “full time” job, with the chop and change and non seriousness exhibited over the last few years, fighters have learned quickly to re-arrange their lives and not have to rely solely on the UFC anymore. To some it’s a second job and easy money and if all fails, they have organized something else to carry them through through life. It is no longer the be all and end all, it is a reciprocal stepping stone where the fighters have lost confidence in the organization and its validity to “climbing to the top and securing top rankings and monies” to “eureka” it is nothing more than an entertainment show and I cannot any longer peg my future life and earnings and family care to it. It has come full circle to a hobby sport for extra pocket money and is/never was a career. There is no longer a point to working hard(er) and winning and climbing the ladder, when it means nothing anymore and those with bigger mouths and more twitter followers make more money than me.

In simple terms the UFC has become the laughing stock of martial arts.
11/3/12 9:34 PM
stonepony

clown makeup - 
It is indicative of the proverbial “passing of the guard”; disrespect, nonchalance, don’t really care: for the UFC anymore, precedent set by Jon Jones. The UFC is no longer considered a “full time” job, with the chop and change and non seriousness exhibited over the last few years, fighters have learned quickly to re-arrange their lives and not have to rely solely on the UFC anymore. To some it’s a second job and easy money and if all fails, they have organized something else to carry them through through life. It is no longer the be all and end all, it is a reciprocal stepping stone where the fighters have lost confidence in the organization and its validity to “climbing to the top and securing top rankings and monies” to “eureka” it is nothing more than an entertainment show and I cannot any longer peg my future life and earnings and family care to it. It has come full circle to a hobby sport for extra pocket money and is/never was a career. There is no longer a point to working hard(er) and winning and climbing the ladder, when it means nothing anymore and those with bigger mouths and more twitter followers make more money than me.

Which brings me to my next point kids. Don't, smoke, crack...
11/3/12 10:51 PM
JBASS
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clown makeup - 

It's the laughing stock AND the #1 organization for MMA??

If it was a joke, why do so many MMMA fighters want to fight in the UFC??
11/4/12 1:37 AM
Dougie
904 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is Bonnar's second time with steroids. I am not sure what this means for him as he's retired.

Herman, now I know why he fought like he did. Yeeesh.

11/4/12 1:53 AM
shaqitup
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh they both lost and bonnar retired, probably won't help herman stay in the company
11/4/12 1:55 AM
GTFOOHWTBS
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabefromfort - With the results of tests not affecting the cards anymore because they come out after the events are held, it really doesn't matter anymore. The UFC has ensurred cards are held despite drugs, or performance enhancers being involved in cards. This is becomming more and more apparent, because frankly I don't think Bonnar even cared, or probably didn't even try to hide his juicing this time around. Cyborg was upset, but, it was more the suspension, and its implications monetarily or otherwise, that she was hurt about. Everyone in the know knows everyone is using, pretty much, at the elite level. They are going to be caught more and more, not because of the testing procedures, because the penalties won't be realized until after everything is said and done. Just, with an organization that's lost most of its integrity matchmakingwise, look for them to give it up on the PED side as well. I hope someone dies in the cage, and a juicer is responsible. Then lets see how it goes down, thats the fight I want to see.

This guy is full retard.

11/4/12 1:27 AM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clown makeup - 

This guy went full retard
11/4/12 1:30 AM
145er

Herman will be on the wsof 2 card. I hope. Maybe against arlovski????
11/4/12 1:41 AM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Busting Herman for weed in Brazil is absurd

11/4/12 3:12 AM
Hemlock
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Busting Herman for weed in Brazil is absurd

Agreed. Massive fail in showing your athletic commission that you have integrity no matter where you set up shop.

What a bunch of losers.

God!

This business will never get off the ground!
11/4/12 5:12 AM
McSurly
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

11/4/12 7:35 AM
LucySnorebush

Disgraceful way to go out for Bonnar.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.