UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: Sonnen's title shots are 'frustrating'

11/4/12 9:41 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

For Sonnen, that will be his third title shot in five outings, after he twice lost to Anderson Silva.

Bisping, meanwhile, was confirmed on Saturday to be fighting Vitor Belfort as he bids to prove himself worthy of facing Silva. And the Brit - who holds much respect for Sonnen, admits it is hard to see any man get three chances of UFC gold when he is yet to be given one.

"I can understand it from a business perspective because Chael sells," Bisping told ESPN.

"But it's frustrating because I've been waiting my whole career for a title shot, and the guy's had three out of his last five fights be title fights.

"But I do understand and it'll be a great season of The Ultimate Fighter."

read entire article...

11/4/12 10:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be frustrated as well...

Sonnen getting a title shot after being owned by Anderson still baffles me. Even more so because the title shot is in a divison that Chael has not fought in for many years.

It seems like all you have to do is be good on the mic to get a title shot nowadays. I actually like Chael, but he does not deserve this title shot. I know I'm not breaking any new ground here... But come on...

Chael is 7-5 in the UFC and has had 2 (soon to be 3 title shots). Bisping is 13-4 in the UFC and has not had one yet...

French Fries Malone
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well maybe if mike had beat sonnen, he would have earned a title shat. Phone Post
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One win against a guy who experienced a devastating loss to Chael, and the Brit who lost to Chael voices frustration?

I like Bisping, but he hasn't beaten any top 5 competition in his career. I think the fans need to see Bisping revenge some of his losses first.

At least I do. Phone Post
11/4/12 10:14 AM
SHanded83

What top 5 wins has Chael had??? Knew it wouldn't take long for a tit to say that about bisping. Chaels own training partner disagrees with him fighting jones. Phone Post
11/4/12 10:24 AM
SonnendbySilva
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally agree that it's undeserved but the fact of the matter is chael was willing to take the fight on short notice to save the show from being cancelled so Dana being Dana remembers things like that and rewards people for standing up and trying to do something for the good of the company. Phone Post
11/4/12 10:54 AM
JetSetter

I'm the biggest Chael hater on this site but DON'T talk shit about Chael if you just lost to him. Dude doesn't win many fights so if he just beat you then you shouldn't be complaining about him. You had your chance to shut him up Bisping and you couldn't do it! Phone Post
11/4/12 11:05 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does Chael getting one at 205 have anything to do with Bisping?

Bisping got after the Hendo fight he fought Wand, Akyama, Rivera and Jason Miller. Chael beat Dan Miller, Okami, and Marquardt. That's why he was ahead of Bisping. Everyone wanted to see him rematch Silva and he still beat Stann and then Bisping (barely) for a title shot.

Chael definitely earned his two shots at 185. Bisping honestly deserves it on market value, not quality of wins too. That will change if he beats Vitor, I just don't get the complaint given his quality of wins. Or maybe he is just trying to keep his name out there and this whole point was useless.... Phone Post
11/4/12 12:30 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - One win against a guy who experienced a devastating loss to Chael, and the Brit who lost to Chael voices frustration?

I like Bisping, but he hasn't beaten any top 5 competition in his career. I think the fans need to see Bisping revenge some of his losses first.

LOL!

That was a cut and paste of the "Bisping has never beaten any top 10 fighters in his career... Blah... Blah... Blah" except you replaced the 10 with a 5.

Now that Bisping has beaten Stann, a genuine top 10 MW, all his haters are mad because they can't recycle the same old garbage rant they love to use so much. Phone Post
11/4/12 12:56 PM
BaraoKix

Bisping fans should be glad that he never got a title shot yet, he would end up looking like Kingsbury...
11/4/12 1:20 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

BaraoKix -
Bisping fans should be glad that he never got a title shot yet, he would end up looking like Kingsbury...
I'm a huge fan of Bisping and I'm pretty positive that Anderson would humiliate him if they fought.

However, I also think Anderson would humiliate pretty much anyone in the world if he fought them. I just want to see Bisping fight for a title once in his career. Like 5 minutes before Silva vs Bisping, I would be sweating buckets, my heart would be pounding and I probably wouldn't be able to talk. It would be absolutely exhilarating.

I would love to see it. Even though I don't fancy Bisping's chances. I would still love to see it. Phone Post
11/4/12 1:20 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand his point on Chael. And I agree with the fact that Chael doesn't deserve the Jones fight. But he did deserve the two with Silva. But Mike needs to worry about his career and getting himself past top opponents. Something that more often than not he hasn't done. He is a good fighter and he is close to a title fight again like he was when he lost to Henderson. And again to Chael.

Bisping fans always whine about the Chael and Rashad decisions. But truth be told they where both close. And he arguably could have gotten the nod. But neither one was anywhere near a robbery. However they like to forget the decision in the Hamil fight. 

11/4/12 1:26 PM
BaraoKix

I think EVERYONE agrees: Sonnen shouldnt get a 3rd title shot...
11/4/12 1:27 PM
Tilla

This is EXACTLY why the UFC needs a ranking system.
11/4/12 1:33 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Everything Bisping said made sense. He wasn't being an ass about it. Phone Post
11/5/12 1:34 AM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo -  One win against a guy who experienced a devastating loss to Chael, and the Brit who lost to Chael voices frustration?

I don't need to see him revenge losses.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.