UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Gym Violations

11/19/12 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
darkness66
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure -

Today, a guy was lifting weights wearing a pair of these:

Boat shoes are fine for lifting. Flat soles Phone Post
11/19/12 11:09 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

darkness66 - 
Authority Figure -

Today, a guy was lifting weights wearing a pair of these:

Boat shoes are fine for lifting. Flat soles Phone Post

No. Just, no. lol.

11/19/12 11:11 PM
Authority Figure

Someone let this guy bang at the gym, bro.

11/20/12 1:36 AM
molsonman
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who don't know how to spot.

I was at the gym Sunday and asked for a spot. The guy looked at me like I just requested to borrow his car for a month long trip to Vegas. I was doing heavy floor presses and he stood off to the side and watched me. He had no clue what to do even after I gave him a brief explanation.
Should had know better than to ask a guy who's first and only exercise was seated dumbbell bicep curls. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:41 AM
UGCTT_TrevGore
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"12. Smelling like Marijuana when you come to the gym."

Respectfully disagree. I get high as fuck before my workouts.

11/20/12 2:00 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:58 PM
Authority Figure

Derick - 
Authority Figure - As far as I'm concerned, using the sauna with men you don't know is a violation. If I'm in that bugger and you enter, I'm getting up and leaving. Can't do it.
You are probably gay. Phone Post

11/20/12 8:52 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

I'm guilty of being a spotter and having am swamp ass. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:52 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Chael Sonnen Money - I'm guilty of being a spotter and having am swamp ass. Phone Post
Mad** Phone Post
11/20/12 9:39 PM
molsonman
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinHood - 
molsonman - People who don't know how to spot.

I was at the gym Sunday and asked for a spot. The guy looked at me like I just requested to borrow his car for a month long trip to Vegas. I was doing heavy floor presses and he stood off to the side and watched me. He had no clue what to do even after I gave him a brief explanation.
Should had know better than to ask a guy who's first and only exercise was seated dumbbell bicep curls. Phone Post
I gotta say. You're being a bit hard on that guy. If you need a spot - you gotta identify someone who can do the job.

Don't blame an inexperienced lifter for your poor judgement. Phone Post

When the only choices are a super skinny guy flopping around like a fish with a 15 pound dumbbell and Mr Bicep Curl you take what you can get.
11/21/12 2:27 PM
molsonman

stayrad -
molsonman -
RobinHood - 

I gotta say. You're being a bit hard on that guy. If you need a spot - you gotta identify someone who can do the job.

When the only choices are a super skinny guy flopping around like a fish with a 15 pound dumbbell and Mr Bicep Curl you take what you can get.
Well that's ur fault for going to a shitty gym and not training with someone Phone Post
You would think a military gym would be alright but it is the navy. Phone Post
11/22/12 4:17 AM
andyman011

molsonman -
stayrad -
molsonman -
RobinHood - 

Well that's ur fault for going to a shitty gym and not training with someone Phone Post
And nobody in the navy knows how to lift a weight?. There is literally nobody around in the navy except for a guy that struggles with 15 pounds and a guy that focuses exclusively on his biceps? What country do you serve for Phone Post
11/22/12 4:34 AM
molsonman

andyman011 -
molsonman -
stayrad -
molsonman -
RobinHood - 

And nobody in the navy knows how to lift a weight?. There is literally nobody around in the navy except for a guy that struggles with 15 pounds and a guy that focuses exclusively on his biceps? What country do you serve for Phone Post
Not at the time I was working out. Most of the serious lifters pay to go to local gyms.

I'm used to working out on an army base that had chains, safety squat bars, good squat racks, etc. The base I'm at now has a gym that would be great for soccer moms. Phone Post
11/22/12 5:09 AM
nottheface
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gym etiquette question. My gym has a co-Ed wet area that also includes the sauna and steam room. Hot girl goes in there all the time wearing next to nothing but seems upset if people look. What's the best way to point out that maybe she's being an attention whore? Phone Post
11/22/12 8:33 PM
James Foy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just checked out a new gym near my work yesterday and, no bullshit, a guy was standing DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE DUMBELL RACK shadow boxing his ass off.

I'm talking about real fuckin deal shadow boxing though, not just some 1-2's. Fucking 5-6 punch combos with level changes for takedowns and the whole 9 yards.

Of course his form was terrible and he was wearing fucking lifting gloves... sigh...
11/22/12 10:40 PM
Authority Figure

James Foy - I just checked out a new gym near my work yesterday and, no bullshit, a guy was standing DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE DUMBELL RACK shadow boxing his ass off.

I'm talking about real fuckin deal shadow boxing though, not just some 1-2's. Fucking 5-6 punch combos with level changes for takedowns and the whole 9 yards.

Of course his form was terrible and he was wearing fucking lifting gloves... sigh...

You should have stood next to him and started a conversation while also shadow boxing. Then offered him a sip of water from your water bottle.

11/22/12 10:41 PM
Authority Figure

insanelymanely - there's this guy at my gym. he comes to the gym. headphones on or not. he doesn't say anything except when he is trying to grab a weight and you're in the way. he never talks. he just works out, and leaves.

WTF!

Uh...this isn't a gym violation. It's a gym recommendation. lol

11/22/12 11:02 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get annoyed at guys who critique other peoples workouts.

I also dont care for attention whores who make a scene out of everything they do. Phone Post
11/22/12 11:31 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Type R - Beats headphones
Wtf i won a pair of beats earbuds at a wedding social and i love using those things when i workout. Phone Post
11/23/12 12:10 AM
Bigblock455

It's not just racking the weights rack the right. Fuckers that put 5# between 45# and shit like that!

Fuckers working a machine and BSing. Talk all u want but someone do done reps!

Fuckers who just start in the gym and have to do some dumbass exercise they read about that uses all sorts of equipment tying up equipment and space and then the yell on every rep like there pressing 500# Phone Post
11/24/12 1:54 AM
Chael Sonnen Money

James Foy - I just checked out a new gym near my work yesterday and, no bullshit, a guy was standing DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE DUMBELL RACK shadow boxing his ass off.

You should do shadow jiu jitsu infront of him next time. Phone Post
11/24/12 2:01 AM
Death and Taxes
1098 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

insanelymanely - there's this guy at my gym. he comes to the gym. headphones on or not. he doesn't say anything except when he is trying to grab a weight and you're in the way. he never talks. he just works out, and leaves.

WTF!
Lol! Phone Post
11/24/12 2:44 AM
Evie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 2:44 AM

nottheface -  Gym etiquette question. My gym has a co-Ed wet area that also includes the sauna and steam room. Hot girl goes in there all the time wearing next to nothing but seems upset if people look. What's the best way to point out that maybe she's being an attention whore?

What is 'next to nothing'? Are we talking like a bikini here? Because it's pretty standard to wear normal swimwear in a sauna or steam room.

Her being hot and wearing a bikini doesn't necessarily equate with her being an attention whore. Perhaps she is just a woman, wearing a bikini, getting creeped out by pervy men.

This is just a scaled-down version of 'she was asking for it', which is just gross.
11/24/12 2:49 AM
molsonman

Evie - 
nottheface -  Gym etiquette question. My gym has a co-Ed wet area that also includes the sauna and steam room. Hot girl goes in there all the time wearing next to nothing but seems upset if people look. What's the best way to point out that maybe she's being an attention whore?

What is 'next to nothing'? Are we talking like a bikini here? Because it's pretty standard to wear normal swimwear in a sauna or steam room.

Her being hot and wearing a bikini doesn't necessarily equate with her being an attention whore. Perhaps she is just a woman, wearing a bikini, getting creeped out by pervy men.

This is just a scaled-down version of 'she was asking for it', which is just gross.

Not really. You dress half naked in a public setting people are gong to stare at you. Deal with it or don't dress that way.

Staring at a half naked women in a public setting is no where close to "She was asking for it" rape.
11/24/12 4:09 AM
Shakwon
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-Guys who wear lifting gloves. If it bothers you so much then chalk your hands. Or you could just man up and earn some calluses.

-Guys who pick up dumbbells then stand 6 inches from the rack while they do their curls.

-Guys who use a barbell neck-pad when doing squats, or as a former coach used to call it "a tampon"

A few weeks ago I encountered a guy who read the paper for 3-4 minutes between each set of bench...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.