UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Gym Violations

12/31/12 8:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Death and Taxes
1352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sincitydc - Standing in the locker room naked with the towel around your shoulders hoping someone looks Phone Post
Thanks for looking ;-) Phone Post
1/1/13 3:19 AM
bigwignj
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a personal trainer, I love this time of year (and right b4 beach season). Resolutioners making me cash, I have 6 sessions on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday, and 5 on Friday. I'm pretty good at getting people to feel good about themselves, stating motivating and having them returning for more training packages. Phone Post
1/1/13 3:55 AM
Showers With Sandusky
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigwignj -  As a personal trainer, I love this time of year (and right b4 beach season). Resolutioners making me cash, I have 6 sessions on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday, and 5 on Friday. I'm pretty good at getting people to feel good about themselves, stating motivating and having them returning for more training packages. Phone Post

I go to 24 Hour Fitness and love it but some of the personal trainers at the gym should be ashamed of themselves. Fat and out of shape and telling people bullshit while charging a fortune for their services. I overheard some guy having a personal training sesh the other day. It basically went like this:

Trainer: Ok give me ten pushups.

Guy: *Does 10 shitty pushups with terrible form*

Trainer: Ok lets run on the treadmill for a bit

Sessions are like 70 or 80 bucks a pop, only a moron would pay for them. Not a knock on you at all man, some trainers are really good at what they do and very knowledgeable. I've just been fortunate to have good friends to workout with and learned a lot by watching others and from the interwebs. Some of these grannys and fat people are just wasting their money though.
1/1/13 4:07 AM
bigwignj
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's because they will give a PT certification to anyone who pays for
a class and passes the tests. The sanctioning associations are all about just making money, they don't care if you find a job after you get certified or what you look like. And these new online certifications are fucking bullshit too. Any gym that hires a trainer that has one of these online cert's doesn't deserve it's clients. If you are serious about health, fitness, and helping others then you should be serious about getting legitimate certifications. I work for two gyms, one gym has a bunch of trainers where literally half of them look like they shouldn't be giving anyone fitness advice because they can barely take care of themselves. I only stay there because its owned by a hospital and the benefits are awesome. My other gym all the trainers are either former/current powerlifts, bodybuilders, fitness pro's, athletes, etc. it's much harder there for me to get clients as opposed to the other gym because eveyone that works there looks like they take their fitness serious but the amount of people who come in and see the trainers and are interested in PT because of how we all look on the floor/while training others is like 3-4times as much as the other gym even though it is a smaller gym with less members. Phone Post
1/1/13 4:10 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showers With Sandusky - 
bigwignj -  As a personal trainer, I love this time of year (and right b4 beach season). Resolutioners making me cash, I have 6 sessions on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday, and 5 on Friday. I'm pretty good at getting people to feel good about themselves, stating motivating and having them returning for more training packages. Phone Post

I go to 24 Hour Fitness and love it but some of the personal trainers at the gym should be ashamed of themselves. Fat and out of shape and telling people bullshit while charging a fortune for their services. I overheard some guy having a personal training sesh the other day. It basically went like this:

Sessions are like 70 or 80 bucks a pop, only a moron would pay for them. Not a knock on you at all man, some trainers are really good at what they do and very knowledgeable. I've just been fortunate to have good friends to workout with and learned a lot by watching others and from the interwebs. Some of these grannys and fat people are just wasting their money though.

clearly that guy was a moron. But the out of shape trainer is not always a good indicator of a bad trainer. One of the best trainers ive ever known was fat, out of shape, and lazy. the guy hated working out, but he knew everything there was to know about the human body, how it works, and how to make it better. He just chose not to take his own advice. obviously its harder to trust someone like that, but he knew his shit.
1/1/13 4:10 AM
bigwignj

Showers With Sandusky -

Some of those grannies are great clients though, they just want to stay functional in their daily activity, want someone who will listen to their stories half the time and have money to blow. They also give great Xmas gift. I have one lady who is in her 60's and has MS, she pretty much only come in so she can stay limber and flexible with her condition. She gave me for Xmas $200 and a 1.75 of Grey Goose Vodka. Phone Post
1/1/13 4:35 AM
nottheface
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't demand a trainer or coach to look ripped. My old weightlifting coach is horribly out of shape, but he was an Olympian and multi time national champion back in his day. A wealth of knowledge when it comes to lifting. Phone Post
1/1/13 5:29 AM
Dan O'Connell
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/1/13 12:03 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Today is open house I will try to get some photos of violators. lol Phone Post
1/1/13 12:08 PM
DeathByTriangle

Authority Figure - 1. Having a Monster Energy Drink as your pre-workout drink.

2. Wearing shit to the gym that other people lost or left in a locker.

3. Standing close to enough a stranger that they can hear you breathing - so you can watch their form.

4. Working out in jeans.

5. Setting the incline on the treadmill to 6.0, and the speed to 3.0 then holding on to the contraption while you walk up a pretend hill.

6. Talking to anyone in the locker room for more than 3 seconds, while you're naked.

7. Eating McDonald's while you're walking in the door.

8. Getting mad at men if your wife's ass is plump and she's wearing tight ass leggings.

Nader needs to learn to deal with #8

especually when I'm squatting and stretching 

1/1/13 12:22 PM
Death and Taxes
1352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - Today is open house I will try to get some photos of violators. lol Phone Post
It wasn't too bad today. Maybe I went too early and everyone else is still hung over. Phone Post
1/1/13 12:37 PM
Pito Chueco
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All gyms need to ban those facking hand dryers things. Especially the one at waist level (ADA act be damned).

At the gym I go to, there used to be a guy who would spread his legs, grab ankles and let the dryer blow his chode. The fuck? Luckily, he disappeared after a few weeks.

Fast forward to yesterday...chubby guy is standing in front of one of those dryers stark nekkid, towel over the shoulder, reading a book in one hand and flipping/fondling his dick with the other as the air blew on his cock and balls. I seriously wanted to snap a pic, but how would that turn out if I am the one getting tossed out when this guy is basically jerking it in plain site of a dozen other naked guys?

1/1/13 8:34 PM
Triple_B
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pito Chueco - All gyms need to ban those facking hand dryers things. Especially the one at waist level (ADA act be damned).

At the gym I go to, there used to be a guy who would spread his legs, grab ankles and let the dryer blow his chode. The fuck? Luckily, he disappeared after a few weeks.

Fast forward to yesterday...chubby guy is standing in front of one of those dryers stark nekkid, towel over the shoulder, reading a book in one hand and flipping/fondling his dick with the other as the air blew on his cock and balls. I seriously wanted to snap a pic, but how would that turn out if I am the one getting tossed out when this guy is basically jerking it in plain site of a dozen other naked guys?

Rofl
1/1/13 11:06 PM
nottheface
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would install a hand dryer in my house just to be able to do that Phone Post
1/1/13 11:59 PM
10mtncombat

in
1/2/13 12:33 PM
Ryan Wood
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all for people taking that first step to improving themselves but still, I wonder what I'll see in there today lol
1/2/13 1:49 PM
Nelson
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

So i'm in the gym this morning. As i'm working on hams, i'm eying the rack to do deadlifts next. The whole time i'm exercising, nobody int he rack but someone left a 45er on each side of the bar. 10 minutes or so later, i finish and walk over to the rack, grab the bar and put it on the floor.......some dude walks up to me, i pull my headphones out "dude, im working here".....

Me:ummm...i was over there for about 10 minutes and this didn't move

Him: i was supersetting

Me: After looking him up and down. "well, we're gonna have to share cause like i said, nobody was here for the last 10 and i need to work"

Him: ok...

So i let him work...then i put another 45 and a 25 on the bar and crank out my first set. When he comes back he just looks at me and i just shrug...."that's fine...that was my last one i think" and walks away...

So in summary, fuck you and your supersets. In the morning when the gym is full, not using  a piece of equipment for 10 minutes means you finished...

1/2/13 2:06 PM
The Spirit Of Captain Boosee

Meatheads that look you right in the eyes before blasting a fart Phone Post
1/2/13 2:10 PM
Death and Taxes

Nelson - 

So i'm in the gym this morning. As i'm working on hams, i'm eying the rack to do deadlifts next. The whole time i'm exercising, nobody int he rack but someone left a 45er on each side of the bar. 10 minutes or so later, i finish and walk over to the rack, grab the bar and put it on the floor.......some dude walks up to me, i pull my headphones out "dude, im working here".....

Me: After looking him up and down. "well, we're gonna have to share cause like i said, nobody was here for the last 10 and i need to work"

So i let him work...then i put another 45 and a 25 on the bar and crank out my first set. When he comes back he just looks at me and i just shrug...."that's fine...that was my last one i think" and walks away...

So in summary, fuck you and your supersets. In the morning when the gym is full, not using  a piece of equipment for 10 minutes means you finished...

lol, "I was using that unused piece of equipment."

1/2/13 2:16 PM
lordbreakdown
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nelson - 

last week I had a dude jump on a machine I was using mid-set.. didn't even ask to work in.. just barreled up and got on when I stood up. new guy. told him you're really not supposed to do that unless you ask first, and he gave ME a look. lol @ that shit.
1/2/13 2:23 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub to read through and contribute the list of shit that pisses me off. Phone Post
1/2/13 2:34 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elhoffo - Screaming so loud when you are lifting you freak everyone out.

Shadow boxing in the mirror between pull ups while wearing white jeans ..... Phone Post
I know that guy. Phone Post
1/2/13 2:50 PM
Mattapooh
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen anyone use the power rack in my gym for anything but bent over rows. I've never been able to understand it.
1/2/13 2:56 PM
KOArtist
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mattapooh - I haven't seen anyone use the power rack in my gym for anything but bent over rows. I've never been able to understand it.
Yeah, the ones at my gym are used for curls and reverse wrist curls more than anything else. Silly faggots, racks are for real exercises. Phone Post
1/2/13 4:14 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nelson - 

Love being at the gym with my powerlifting coach and his wife. His wife is stronger than a lot of men and its hilarious. She works in with us, and sometimes dudes will be eyeballing us waiting on the rack, then she does her set with 255 and they are like fuck this and walk away....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.