UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Gym Violations

2/12/13 7:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DildoBaggins
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting - A not Very funny story but in re. to squatting. Sunday i was on the rack, ear buds in, volume maxxed. I see a dude outta the corner of my eye watching me. He's an awkward little fellow. I figured he wants to ask me a question, so I pause and remove an ear bud and turn around. He says, " Ummm, are you using that?"

Using what?

"That" as he nods to the rack itself.

Wut? ( I'm sweating and have 250 on the bar ) Do you mean you want the pins from the outside of the rack?

"Ummmm, no. Are you using that? "

Wut? Do you mean the shrug bar?

"No, I wondered if you were using that." Nods to the rack itself again.

Dude, are you asking me if I'm using the rack, when clearly I'm in the middle of my sets. Yes, I'm using it.

He begins to melt, his face turns red. I ask him if he'd like to work in with me though?

" Ummm, yes. Ummmm, what does that mean?"

SMH

I put my buds back in, did my next set and he walked off. Another rack opened up. I shit you not, he put 2 10s on the bar and proceeded to almost fall on each squat. No coordination, no balance, no weight. uggggggg

What combination of plates do you use for 250 there, sparky?

Gym violation = anyone who uses a 2.5 lb. plate in a squat rack.
2/12/13 7:10 PM
Demolition Man
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear - 
boomtown - pushups & crunches on the squat rack.

now you're just making shit up. 

Lunges & lateral pull downs on the squat rack
2/12/13 7:12 PM
QuadAces
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard people count their body weight when describing their squat weight. Phone Post
2/12/13 7:13 PM
DildoBaggins
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mine is the fucker who has to jump rope in the middle of the weight room. Take that shit to the spinner classroom.
2/12/13 7:17 PM
jkd_guy
472 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw something worse than curling in the squat rack the other day.

Some guy was doing bodyweight squats in the squat rack.

I was there for about 10 minutes doing squats, and the whole time he did squats with no weight, inside the rack.
2/12/13 8:07 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before I got set up at home I'd lift out of a gym nearby. I used to always have to ask people if I could use the rack for squatting, good mornings, etc when they were in there doing incline dumbell presses, push ups, crunches and all sorts of other bullshit. Then one day that stopped completely because they moved the rack to a place that didn't have a mirror in front of it. Nobody used for anything other than squatting after that.
2/12/13 8:11 PM
reaper51

Fighting - A not Very funny story but in re. to squatting. Sunday i was on the rack, ear buds in, volume maxxed. I see a dude outta the corner of my eye watching me. He's an awkward little fellow. I figured he wants to ask me a question, so I pause and remove an ear bud and turn around. He says, " Ummm, are you using that?"

Using what?

"That" as he nods to the rack itself.

Wut? ( I'm sweating and have 250 on the bar ) Do you mean you want the pins from the outside of the rack?

"Ummmm, no. Are you using that? "

Wut? Do you mean the shrug bar?

"No, I wondered if you were using that." Nods to the rack itself again.

Dude, are you asking me if I'm using the rack, when clearly I'm in the middle of my sets. Yes, I'm using it.

He begins to melt, his face turns red. I ask him if he'd like to work in with me though?

" Ummm, yes. Ummmm, what does that mean?"

SMH

I put my buds back in, did my next set and he walked off. Another rack opened up. I shit you not, he put 2 10s on the bar and proceeded to almost fall on each squat. No coordination, no balance, no weight. uggggggg

You were warming up right? Phone Post
2/12/13 8:22 PM
reaper51

Fighting - 5 sets of 10. Who said it was MAX OUT DAY!?
Why didn't you help the poor bastard out instead of being such a douchebag about it? Phone Post
2/12/13 8:47 PM
LiverpoolFC
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUATTING ON MY CURL RACK Phone Post
2/12/13 11:00 PM
rustyshakleford
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate everything about the gym. Working extra hours to do a home gym. I absolutely HATE unsolicited advice. I look like I lift. I'm in my late 30's. I don't need advice unless you are JACKED. 2 weeks ago , some dummy told me I was using too much back . He looked like an extra from the walking dead, Phone Post
2/14/13 9:32 AM
SoupCan
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ yeah that bothers me, It also kills me how many people ask what I'm on... Assuming I'm taking a steroid and not dieting like a bastard and coming here at 5am, 6 days a week.

Also this morning there is a guy here with a huge Tim Hortons coffee, why! Phone Post
2/14/13 11:40 AM
The Mammoth
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Asshole in my gym was stacking weights and moving barbells around WITH A PLATE OF TUNA SALAD IN THE OTHER HAND. He would curl and then eat his salad. Beat that.

All sorts of horrible crazy shit happens in my gym. Over 50% of the guys are in jeans. One dude yesterday was benching (i admit quite a lot) but he was talking to himself loudly, throwing wieghts around and kept repeating "I'M NOT EVEN TRAINING, IM JUST MESSING AROUND"

I only put up with it cos its a pure hardcore gym, with a shit load of old skool equipment, but it attracts all the crazies and assholes and druggies too.

Watching these clowns work the bag is hysterical. One dude had arms going at it like pnuematic pistons.

2/14/13 11:46 AM
raoulDuke

benda - 
AlphaJ -  -standing in front of someone's line of site with the mirror during sets! Let people use that for motivation and form while lifting.

-people who curl on the smith machine

-throwing ur entire back into a curl that's way to heavy.

-using a desperate kick motion while doing pull-ups. Do that shit right.

-dropping heavy ass weight on the floor loud as fuck. Then just leaving them there.

-sizing people up in the gym.

-talking on ur cell while on a popular machine.

-shadow boxing around the entire gym

-People who wear lifting belts lifting light ass weight.

-fat guys trying to give me advice on new workouts. I do fitness comps. Don't need ur advice if u never look like u lifted a day in ur life Phone Post

People who do fitness comps

lol
2/14/13 2:04 PM
andyman011

I'm squatting with a bar no padding. A french guy (I'm in Montreal) comes up to me and says "les coussins sont dans la coin" which means the pads are in the corner. To which I replied, I know and proceed to do a set. He goes in the rack next to me and starts squatting a plate with the pad. He did literally 4 inches or less of motion 3 times and put it down.

Proceeds to jump up and do 7 chins. He sees that I'm smaller than him and doing more weight than him so he adds 25s on each side and did even less motion literally like an inch and a half. 2 reps, racks the bar and takes weights off. Talks to a jacked guy the rest of my workout. Phone Post
2/14/13 3:44 PM
VOODOOSK

Gotta guy that comes in and only does pushups nothing but pushups all day every day and where does he do the pushups in the fkng squat rack, stay home.
2/14/13 4:24 PM
RearNakedToke
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used work out at In-Shape until I finally had enough and turned my garage into my gym (still need a squat rack though.). There was this guy who was bigger than me always wearing Tapout, Dethrone, Form Athletics you name it he was draped in it head to toe. He would shadowbox and try to get people to ask him if he fights UFC and of course he said yes to all of them. I just kinda ignored the guy until he stumbled into the gym I do BJJ at a couple months ago. I'm a former Marine and I guess this guy was telling everyone about how he's was the toughest grunt in the corps and blah blah blah.

I showed up for training a little late and warmups were already going so I missed his schpiel to my teammates. When I got there my instructor said "Hey Zach here is a Marine too," and you could tell that he wasn't happy that I was there. I guess it's because he couldn't BS them with me there without getting called out. So we started training and he fuckin SUCKED. He was gassed in 2 minutes getting tapped by pretty much everyone except guys he was way larger than. I had a ton of fun having my way with this badass. He ended up puking all over the sidewalk in front of the gym, acting all defeated and weird and left never to be seen again. I heard he still walks around like the MMA gatekeeper of In-Shape though because he is safe from having to prove himself there. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:25 PM
rustyshakleford
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The gym is horrible. When I was 18, i worked out at a tiny gym, but everyone was way cool. There was no yelling, no screaming, everyone wore appropriate clothing. Nothing crazy. I remember one older guy yelling at me because i was putting "the plates on the wrong way" I like to put the numbers facing in. "I have little hands, its easier for me to carry" i told him. Dude yells at me, this an older guy , like early forties, "You DONT PUT THEM ON THE INSIDE, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING".
Out of no where, my older buddy who was teaching me how to lift comes out of the restroom and gets on the guy. He gets right in his face and was like "This kid is 16, he's just learning, give him a fucking break. Everyone knows, you put the fucking numbers on the inside".
Old dude kicks the bench and yells, "fuck this place, fucking faggots".
it was a weird day.
2/14/13 4:37 PM
Death and Taxes
1605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stories, lol

2/14/13 7:15 PM
BigMatt81
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll never understand people that get on the treadmill and just walk for 15 mins and then leave. Why not just stay at home? Phone Post
2/14/13 10:56 PM
Yamie Jagerbomb

RearNakedToke -  I used work out at In-Shape until I finally had enough and turned my garage into my gym (still need a squat rack though.). There was this guy who was bigger than me always wearing Tapout, Dethrone, Form Athletics you name it he was draped in it head to toe. He would shadowbox and try to get people to ask him if he fights UFC and of course he said yes to all of them. I just kinda ignored the guy until he stumbled into the gym I do BJJ at a couple months ago. I'm a former Marine and I guess this guy was telling everyone about how he's was the toughest grunt in the corps and blah blah blah.

I showed up for training a little late and warmups were already going so I missed his schpiel to my teammates. When I got there my instructor said "Hey Zach here is a Marine too," and you could tell that he wasn't happy that I was there. I guess it's because he couldn't BS them with me there without getting called out. So we started training and he fuckin SUCKED. He was gassed in 2 minutes getting tapped by pretty much everyone except guys he was way larger than. I had a ton of fun having my way with this badass. He ended up puking all over the sidewalk in front of the gym, acting all defeated and weird and left never to be seen again. I heard he still walks around like the MMA gatekeeper of In-Shape though because he is safe from having to prove himself there. Phone Post

In-shape? U must be in the 209. What city?

Ps. In shape sucks
2/15/13 12:39 AM
SphincterShrinker
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have a couple chicks that look like sister steel at our gym that intimidate the fuck out of me and I'm pretty sure I stare at them like it's my job when I'm working out Phone Post
2/15/13 2:11 AM
molsonman
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rustyshakleford - The gym is horrible. When I was 18, i worked out at a tiny gym, but everyone was way cool. There was no yelling, no screaming, everyone wore appropriate clothing. Nothing crazy. I remember one older guy yelling at me because i was putting "the plates on the wrong way" I like to put the numbers facing in. "I have little hands, its easier for me to carry" i told him. Dude yells at me, this an older guy , like early forties, "You DONT PUT THEM ON THE INSIDE, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING".
Out of no where, my older buddy who was teaching me how to lift comes out of the restroom and gets on the guy. He gets right in his face and was like "This kid is 16, he's just learning, give him a fucking break. Everyone knows, you put the fucking numbers on the inside".
it was a weird day.

2/15/13 2:15 AM
NICK MANNING
943 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rustyshakleford - The gym is horrible. When I was 18, i worked out at a tiny gym, but everyone was way cool. There was no yelling, no screaming, everyone wore appropriate clothing. Nothing crazy. I remember one older guy yelling at me because i was putting "the plates on the wrong way" I like to put the numbers facing in. "I have little hands, its easier for me to carry" i told him. Dude yells at me, this an older guy , like early forties, "You DONT PUT THEM ON THE INSIDE, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING".
it was a weird day.

lol
2/15/13 9:25 AM
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually just get into my lifting zone after warming up and keep to my own devices at the gym. I don't give a damn what other people do as long as it doesn't impact me or my routines. I don't give advice and I don't really look for too much of it (the exception being that if someone notices me doing a movement so wrong that i'll kill myself haha) If some guy wants to workout in jeans and polo more power to him as long as he stays out of my way.

But the is always something that can tick you off, and yesterday it was this guy doing pushups and then stepping in front of me while i was lifting in front of the mirror and flexing his biceps. I wanted to crack him over the head with a dumbbell and stomp him (DRIVE) style.
2/15/13 10:00 AM
RoyMunson
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst I saw was an 18 ish fat kid in muck boots wearing blue jeans sleeveless shirt banging out curls standing up swinging his hips.  I left.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.