UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Gym Violations

11/5/12 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Richard III
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - Never make eye contact with me while I'm doing pelvic thrusts with my dick through the hole in a 45lb plate when I'm next to the Squat rack.

Always make eye contact with me while I'm doing pelvic thrusts with my dick through the hole in a 45lb plate when I'm next to the squat rack.
But your eyes are so beautiful. And the plates are so...big Phone Post
11/5/12 1:10 PM
DaveFu
1981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - 
Dirtyu D - 
DaveFu - There is a fine line between complaining about not following "gym etiquette" and being a self important douchebag who complains about anybody who doesn't workout the "right" way.

Dave, I understand life has been hard recently, but you are still way too young to blow dry your balls in a public setting

Checkmate.

I will spell it out for you since apparently you're not bright enough to understand my point.

Guy who shits in the shower=scumbag

Guy who wears weightlifting gloves while running/walking on the treadmill=goofy, but complaining about it as if somehow inhibits your workout makes you a douche.
11/5/12 1:25 PM
Death and Taxes
1560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mit -  Any behavior that others have that directly impacts me...ie playing loud music....taking a dump in the shower....leaving a machine loaded with weights(even this one isn't bad I mean you need weights on there anyways). Not putting dumbells back on rack and leaving in all four corners of the gym.

Honestly I'm too focused on what I'm doin to notice stupid stuff like whether or not they have been on their phone too long.

Lots of these peeves are a wee bit insecure but whatev maybe I'm just a little more tolerant of people's foibles. Phone Post

Same. Just let me work out and don't get in the way.

11/5/12 1:25 PM
notsometourist
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grunting when curling less than 50 lbs. Phone Post
11/5/12 1:41 PM
Angle 5
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At my gym, I sometimes see a tall skinny guy who uses the squat rack to do bicep curls with the EZ curl bar on what seems is his arm day. No weights, just the damn bar for his three sets. He would rest the bar on the supports in between his sets.

I'm happy that he's working out and taking care of himself, but I can't help shake my head in awe when I this happen.
11/5/12 1:51 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is supposed to be a fun thread by the way. It's all in fun.. Its not like I'm following people home and killing them when they violate these rules.....

At least not lately. Phone Post
11/5/12 1:56 PM
DaveFu
1981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the way I've never hiked my balls on to the hand dryer.

Being a man around naked men does not make you gay, getting an erection around them does.
11/5/12 1:59 PM
Animal Chin
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alborz would not approve of this thread.
11/5/12 2:00 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mike_rizzo -
JeffersonDArcyChoke - Friday night.

Curls and bench to get the "bar pump".

The same middle aged divorced dickheads do this as do the 21 year old wannabe Situations.

They run in with a coffee around 6-7 and get the pump then go get ready in the shower for the bar.

They emerge from the locker room with a too tight shirt to take full advantage of this pump and are loudly on a cell making the connection to find out where to be. Phone Post
im not crazy about those douches either but you know what? they get laid Phone Post
So true.

My only issue is they take up so much room on a Friday evening at the gym and Fridays used to be dead man zone at the gym.

Now Friday is more packed than Thursday because of pre-bar pump.

I'd bet over half of them get laid on the regular or I'd hope so.

I have never liked the bar so I have no issues if any of them got more trim that way since I'd rather not hang out in a bar anyhow.

Again, harmless stuff but annoying which is why we point it out in this thread. Phone Post
11/5/12 2:03 PM
myersei
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of these things don't anger me - I really don't give a shit if you have shitty form or if you think that 30 reps of a 2.5lb weight is good for anything. I just don't give that much of a shit about these people.

What does piss me off though are inconsiderate people that dont understand that other people expect a certain amount of space and thoughtfulness from you...oh and dudes with hot wives working out in tight shit. Sorry man, I'm gonna stare and if you don't make it clear that she's with you, then don't be pissed when someone hits in her either. Phone Post
11/5/12 2:04 PM
CrazyPope
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trejo -  The worst at my gym is the new receptionists that play the same 4 song cd track over and over again.

You forget your ipod? Your doing squats to Whitney Houston and Usher! Phone Post

lol this is the fucking worst, I think the people who put the music on at my gym look for the shittiest music they can possibly find.
11/5/12 2:11 PM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaveFu - By the way I've never hiked my balls on to the hand dryer.

Being a man around naked men does not make you gay, getting an erection around them does.

Dave, I wasn't doubting your ability to pop wood in front of other men
11/5/12 2:15 PM
disbeliever
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I don't mind talking to people at the gym in a very quick and casual "hey hows it going" kind of way. I am polite to everyone I pass and smile and say "hey".

I'm not trying to have a conversation though. I go to the gym at lunch everyday and only have 1.5 hours, with travel time. I am there to get shit done and get out. I see people spending 3-4 hours in the gym sometimes, and half that time is standing around talking about politics.

My biggest peeve at the gym are the idiots who show up in cargo shorts and a wife beater, and scream when they lift what they think is heavy weight. A guy fitting this description came in just today and went for the squat rack. He put a whopping 45 plate on each side, and screams "LIGHT WEIGHT" on each rep. I didn't think people like that actually existed.
11/5/12 2:20 PM
Death and Taxes
1560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't imagine the level of douchebaggery at a gym in Las Vegas

11/5/12 2:21 PM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I bet that guy spent the rest of the day wearing his lifting gloves and causally mentioning that he was a body builder/mma fighter
11/5/12 2:56 PM
jmb73
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jcblass - heavy breathers and big grunters....

People who mix their protein drinks right next to the stall where a guy is taking a massive crap.

Guys who go into the stalls to take massive craps...
Had me loling Phone Post
11/5/12 3:07 PM
hvt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gym violations that piss me off:

1. Doing things that piss me off.

11/5/12 3:21 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't stand it when people leave their crap everywhere. No your water bottle, wallet, and keys don't get their own bench.

Nothing worse than walking up to use a machine and someone has all their BS laid out on the seat. Phone Post
11/5/12 3:35 PM
Submissable
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jcblass - heavy breathers and big grunters....

People who mix their protein drinks right next to the stall where a guy is taking a massive crap.

Guys who go into the stalls to take massive craps...

Why cant we shit at the gym? I tend to get up and basically head right out the door for the gym in the morning. Ill get dressed, check about 18 times that I have my keys. headphones, and iPhone as well as make an educated guess on whether or not I need to take my morning dump. Sometimes I guess wrong and have to blow up the gym toilet.  Are the toilets in your locker room ridiculously close to the lockers forcing you to hear and smell everything?

11/5/12 4:16 PM
OG1 Kenobi_BFTT
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never rack my weights. If you can't lift what I lift, then you deserve the shame of pussifying the bar. Phone Post
11/5/12 4:23 PM
mjsalmon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dude that puts 1500 lbs on the leg press and moves it 3 inches, slams it down, looks around to see who is watching him, then neglects to put all those 45 lb plates back where they belong.
Oh if violence was acceptable... Phone Post
11/5/12 4:25 PM
OG1 Kenobi_BFTT
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mjsalmon - The dude that puts 1500 lbs on the leg press and moves it 3 inches, slams it down, looks around to see who is watching him, then neglects to put all those 45 lb plates back where they belong.
Oh if violence was acceptable... Phone Post
Well obviously you can't do THAT. That's a whole different thing. Phone Post
11/5/12 4:27 PM
CrazyPope
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saltyballs -  I can't stand it when people leave their crap everywhere. No your water bottle, wallet, and keys don't get their own bench.

Nothing worse than walking up to use a machine and someone has all their BS laid out on the seat. Phone Post

Why is that such a big deal? If I've been waiting for a bench or something and I need to grab a drink for example I'll put something of mine on it so no one takes it while I'm gone. Not saying it's cool to leave it there for long periods of time or anything but if its quick I don't see the problem.
11/5/12 4:33 PM
CrazyPope

Not really a violation per se but, in 10th grade a kid put a stupid amount of weight on one side of the leg press (Wasn't there so idk the exact amount)and the entire machine fell over and broke his leg. The dumb shit got the teacher, who was a good guy suspended from teaching gym for a couple years. He was still getting shit for it when we were seniors.
11/5/12 4:34 PM
CrazyPope

Edited: 11/05/12 4:34 PM
Double post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.