UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Gym Violations

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/8/12 6:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaveFu
2325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That post is way too reasonable for this thread!!!!

Hammmer Pants inside the squat rack???? AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
11/9/12 10:04 AM
molsonman
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirtyu D -
molsonman - Asking a guy to spot on bench for safety reasons. Giving them a 15 second instruction about not touching the bar or helping unless I ask for it. Then when the set starts they immediately latch onto the bar and pull it right out of my groove.

Picking weights off the squat rack while I'm doing squats. Had someone bump the bar doing that. Luckily I was half way on the down portion and was able to dump the bar on the spotting bars.

dude, I would have been seriously pissed if someone bumped me during squats
I wasn't pissed until he giggled about it and acted like it was funny, then I went off. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:13 AM
DMBpig
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WaltJ - lol you guys would hate me.

I often set up my phone for video so I can form check once or twice during my workout.

In fairness, I work out alone and do not have a partner or spotter, so this is the best way for me to get instant feedback and to make sure I'm covering my bases, technique-wise.

But yeah, I know it makes me look like an asshole.
Meh not too bad IMO Phone Post
11/11/12 8:23 PM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WaltJ - lol you guys would hate me.

I often set up my phone for video so I can form check once or twice during my workout.

In fairness, I work out alone and do not have a partner or spotter, so this is the best way for me to get instant feedback and to make sure I'm covering my bases, technique-wise.

But yeah, I know it makes me look like an asshole.

I can't lie man, this sounds like a great idea. But put into practice would make you look like a Grade A douche at the gym.

It would be better to just ask someone to film you for a couple of seconds.

But I applaud your intent. lol.
11/14/12 1:47 AM
Tank02
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/14/12 1:54 AM
Tank02
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone nearly bumped me whilst taking weights of the rack when I was squating yesterday.. tbh is i needed weights i would wait until they actually finished.. like a post before stay away far enough so they have no reason to think they might hit you..

11/14/12 2:23 AM
Chael Sonnen Money
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I admit to shadow boxing, but only since they moved the bag into the platinum member only area, and I don't in the corner between the last set ellipticals and treadmills.

Also, I always rerack and clean up. Fuck, I even rerack the fucking meathead employees weights at one of my gyms locations, or help the employees rerack late at night. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:25 AM
rbl
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

This would make me want to walk through the door with a phone just so I could see if Eric, Tony, Brian and/or Pete could back it up. Threatening people is pretty obnoxious in itself.

11/14/12 2:31 AM
BigRyana

I don't pay attention to other members often unless they have an impact on my workout. Today a guy filled up a huge bottle to the top at the water fountain as me and another guy waited for water. I don't mind this usually as I fill mine sometimes too, but this was like a 64oz container. Also, It is the only drinking fountain in the weight room. Some people are socially retarded.
11/14/12 2:37 AM
OldManMinerva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePozy2_boI0

going to the commercial gym I started this year reminds me I despise most of humanity

11/14/12 4:20 AM
complexsimpleton
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I work out in a military gym. I am not too sure about civilian commercial gyms. For the record I workout alone mostly for 3-4 hours and I read my kindle in between sets.

* I hate when contractors/local nationals come in and 5 o crowd around a machine that not one of them is using and talk like it is fucking social hour.

*When that guy comes in who does 1/2 to 1 set of 20 different things and its all with 10lbs of resistance.

*The guy who spends more time walking around and watching other people than actually working out.

*the guy who walks in, grabs the 100lb dumbbells while looking around making sure people can see him, tries in vain to lift them and leaves them in the middle of the floor after slinking off quietly.same for leg press/bench with inordinate amounts of weight

11/14/12 8:58 AM
Nelson
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

I recently changed gyms because the one i was going to was a shit hole (for $10 a month you get what you pay for i guess). Started going to a Golds. The massive amount of meatheads in the morning is just astounding. Plenty of sleeveless dudes lifting with horrible form and giving everyone the evil eye. That said, the washout is the amount of smokin hot women that go there in the mornings as well....i really dont give a shit about the meatheads. I just notice them and smirk...they dont bother me so they can do what they want

11/14/12 9:12 AM
Authority Figure

Guy at gym used to bring iPad and look at photos and instructions before each exercise. lol Phone Post
11/14/12 12:56 PM
myjawhurts
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drying your stinky towel in the sauna.

Using the sauna water bucket to shave in.

Dickheads only do this. Phone Post
11/14/12 1:05 PM
Chael Sonnen Money
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nelson -

I recently changed gyms because the one i was going to was a shit hole (for $10 a month you get what you pay for i guess). Started going to a Golds. The massive amount of meatheads in the morning is just astounding. Plenty of sleeveless dudes lifting with horrible form and giving everyone the evil eye. That said, the washout is the amount of smokin hot women that go there in the mornings as well....i really dont give a shit about the meatheads. I just notice them and smirk...they dont bother me so they can do what they want

Was it blast fitness by chance? Phone Post
11/14/12 1:15 PM
Misedukatd
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when people are hogging the heavy bag, but instead of hitting it they are trying to reach a non-violent resolution with it through effective communication and reasonable compromise.
11/14/12 1:32 PM
A_Butler
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

complexsimpleton - I work out in a military gym. I am not too sure about civilian commercial gyms. For the record I workout alone mostly for 3-4 hours and I read my kindle in between sets.

* I hate when contractors/local nationals come in and 5 o crowd around a machine that not one of them is using and talk like it is fucking social hour.

*When that guy comes in who does 1/2 to 1 set of 20 different things and its all with 10lbs of resistance.

*The guy who spends more time walking around and watching other people than actually working out.

*the guy who walks in, grabs the 100lb dumbbells while looking around making sure people can see him, tries in vain to lift them and leaves them in the middle of the floor after slinking off quietly.same for leg press/bench with inordinate amounts of weight

Holy shit man! It takes you 4 hours to work out?!? And you read a book in between sets?!? And YOU ARE COMPLAINING about others?!? Are you hand crafting each weight before you lift them? What in gods name are you doing that takes 4 hours to accomplish? Phone Post
11/14/12 1:55 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

A_Butler -
complexsimpleton - I work out in a military gym. I am not too sure about civilian commercial gyms. For the record I workout alone mostly for 3-4 hours and I read my kindle in between sets.

Holy shit man! It takes you 4 hours to work out?!? And you read a book in between sets?!? And YOU ARE COMPLAINING about others?!? Are you hand crafting each weight before you lift them? What in gods name are you doing that takes 4 hours to accomplish? Phone Post
I usually take 3-3.5 hours depending on my choice of cardio, and that's just because I don't want to go back to school and wait around for two hours. I don't read though, that's just a little too much. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:00 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

No, that wasn't my post, I was just chiming in to speak up about the time frame thing. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:21 PM
Nelson
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Chael Sonnen Money - 
Nelson -

Was it blast fitness by chance? Phone Post

Nah...some local crap in VA called Olympus fitness....

11/14/12 2:52 PM
complexsimpleton
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stayrad - 

You shouldn't be complaining about anyone when it takes u 3-4 hours to workout and while doing so you are reading a book Phone Post

My workout takes 3-4 hours regardless guy. If i was not reading I would be waiting 3 minutes in between sets anyway except I would be bored. I don't go in the gym and play around. I am not claiming to be the next Arnold or Magnus Samuelson but I am in good shape and I have the time.Like I said I am not the worlds best gym rat but I am dedicated and hard work pays off. I have no issue posting my workout routine or pictures to validate my claims. I also run 3 miles after every workout and I workout 6 days a week.
11/14/12 5:41 PM
cheesesteak
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gym violations...

11/14/12 9:34 PM
Authority Figure

complexsimpleton - 
stayrad - 

You shouldn't be complaining about anyone when it takes u 3-4 hours to workout and while doing so you are reading a book Phone Post

My workout takes 3-4 hours regardless guy. If i was not reading I would be waiting 3 minutes in between sets anyway except I would be bored. I don't go in the gym and play around. I am not claiming to be the next Arnold or Magnus Samuelson but I am in good shape and I have the time.Like I said I am not the worlds best gym rat but I am dedicated and hard work pays off. I have no issue posting my workout routine or pictures to validate my claims. I also run 3 miles after every workout and I workout 6 days a week.

Offered to post dick pics.

/thread.
11/15/12 11:58 AM
Chael Sonnen Money

Not double flushing you'r dookies Phone Post
11/15/12 12:40 PM
complexsimpleton

stayrad - 
complexsimpleton -
stayrad - 

3-4 hours for a workout though ! Lol Phone Post

Yes guy...3-4 hours. I actually do work in the gym. I exercise until exhaustion and then do cardio.I am not sure why this is hard concept to understand.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.