UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Keith Kizer tells us more about Nick Diaz...

11/4/12 8:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LayzieTheSavage
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

Keith Kizer tells us more about Nick Diaz drinking 24 bottles of water before his drug test

Marijuana is as much as a performance enhancing drug as World of Warcraft is a 'opposite sex attraction enhancer.' Let me preface this article by stating it's ridiculous that our society has demonized perhaps one of the least-threatening recreational substances that's as natural and indigenous to the planet as a handful of wheat grass, a basket full of cranberries or a cup of water.

Shortly after UFC 143, the Nevada State Athletic Commission issued a press release stating Nick Diaz tested positive for 'marijuana metabolites.' Most of you remember Diaz tested positive for marijuana after his Pride FC fight against Takanori Gomi, nullifying perhaps one of the greatest fights we've ever seen in MMA. Since this was Diaz's second positive marijuana drug test from NSAC, he was hit with a rather hard suspension and will return to action on February 2013. In late September, Keith Kizer revealed that Nick Diaz consumed twenty-four bottles of water prior to his drug test -- which ultimately did nothing for his system aside from making him urinate an innumerable amount of times that night. We caught up with Kizer to see if he could break down exactly what happened during the drug test. Here's what he said: (also props to Scadilla for the amazing Nick Diaz illustration)

11/4/12 8:57 PM
LayzieTheSavage
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com

11/4/12 9:15 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All men named Keith seem to be condescending pricks
11/4/12 9:33 PM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keith is so full of shit, and completely incompetent.
11/4/12 9:33 PM
Pokanghoya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Where I come from, people like that get slapped." - Nick Diaz
11/4/12 9:50 PM
kinson

nick diaz nut hugger -

Keith Kizer didn't sound that unreasonable in the interview. Layzie, you should get your facts straight on the Matt Riddle case before interviewing the guy; kind of embarrassing for a professional journalist imho.

This. Keith is just enforcing the rules. Someone might think the rules are wrong but that has nothing to do with Keith.

He seems like a perfectly reasonable individual. Phone Post
11/4/12 10:28 PM
Ludelow

why is keith kizer blocking big John on reffing in Nevada?
11/4/12 10:33 PM
LayzieTheSavage

nick diaz nut hugger -

Keith Kizer didn't sound that unreasonable in the interview. Layzie, you should get your facts straight on the Matt Riddle case before interviewing the guy; kind of embarrassing for a professional journalist imho.

I asked about the disclosure of the medical records, it didn't matter where Riddle had the fight. Phone Post
11/4/12 10:58 PM
Joe_Drogan420

I wish you would have asked him what he thought about marijuana and whether or not it is a PED.
Also, whether it being on the banned list is due to it being illegal or a PED for being high during the fight?
Also I like how he brushed off a TUE for weed, yet steroids are perfectly acceptable if you have TRT.
Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.
11/5/12 1:07 AM
Megatherium
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roids good.

Inactive marijuana metabolites bad.
11/5/12 2:16 AM
NegoVeio

again with this crap? nick diaz needs to sue this guy ASAP.

If nick had drunk 24 bottles of water, he would be fucking dead.

11/5/12 2:31 AM
Megatherium
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/05/12 3:29 AM
<blockquote>
11/5/12 2:44 AM
Beastro

LayzieTheSavage - 

Keith Kizer tells us more about Nick Diaz drinking 24 bottles of water before his drug test

Marijuana is as much as a performance enhancing drug as World of Warcraft is a 'opposite sex attraction enhancer.' Let me preface this article by stating it's ridiculous that our society has demonized perhaps one of the least-threatening recreational substances that's as natural and indigenous to the planet as a handful of wheat grass, a basket full of cranberries or a cup of water.

Shortly after UFC 143, the Nevada State Athletic Commission issued a press release stating Nick Diaz tested positive for 'marijuana metabolites.' Most of you remember Diaz tested positive for marijuana after his Pride FC fight against Takanori Gomi, nullifying perhaps one of the greatest fights we've ever seen in MMA. Since this was Diaz's second positive marijuana drug test from NSAC, he was hit with a rather hard suspension and will return to action on February 2013. In late September, Keith Kizer revealed that Nick Diaz consumed twenty-four bottles of water prior to his drug test -- which ultimately did nothing for his system aside from making him urinate an innumerable amount of times that night. We caught up with Kizer to see if he could break down exactly what happened during the drug test. Here's what he said: (also props to Scadilla for the amazing Nick Diaz illustration)

You forgot Radon, snake venom, asbestos and cyanide in that list of "natural and indigenous' things to this planet.

Why not eat carrion that's been shit on vultures?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy

I'm not going to get into an argument about weed as a whole but I've seen the massive damage it has done to my cousin. No, it didn't cause his problems, he abused it and it's led to him being emotionally crippled but it in an of itself is not good.

My point here is it pisses me off when someone argues that something is entirely good or entirely bad, especially when they bring the "natural" bullshit into the debate.

If you want to advocate for Diaz and for weed, don't resort that line of reasoning, it doesn't help does your in the least.
11/5/12 2:44 AM
3 Sided Square
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - I wish you would have asked him what he thought about marijuana and whether or not it is a PED.
Also, whether it being on the banned list is due to it being illegal or a PED for being high during the fight?
Also I like how he brushed off a TUE for weed, yet steroids are perfectly acceptable if you have TRT.
Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Luckily nobody asked you. It's been scientifically proven than any poster on the internet with 420 in his screen name is dumb, and I would like to thank you for not messing that up.

What is a doctor prescribed alternative for testosterone in testosterone replacement therapy? He clearly said if weed did in fact fall under a TUE it would mean there wasn't a more widely accepted alternative.
11/5/12 3:42 AM
Megatherium

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Megatherium - Roids good.

Inactive marijuana metabolites my ass. It's the same system used by a lot of different agencies to test the presence of THC in the system. And I know you're trolling, so I won't even answer the "roids good" part Phone Post

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/13/2795266/ufc-nick-diaz-drug-test-no-disciplinary-sanction-jonathan-tweedal

I meant`roids good`in the sense that fighters are receiving therapeutic use exemptions for TRT in Nevada and elsewhere these days. And, as Jonathan Tweedale explains in the link provided, which is also the original source of Diaz`challenge to his suspension, inactive marijuana metabolites do not contain even trace amounts of THC. They only prove prior use. Inactive metabolites, which are what was found in Diaz`system, are not prohibited by the IOC for Olympic competition nor are they tested for or banned by most other sports regulatory bodies.
11/5/12 3:56 AM
DEZBOT

fishyfish -

it's not argued that weed is a performance enhancer.  the argument is that weed numbs pain, and therefore a fighter should not fight high.  now where it becomes more difficult to argue is that a person be considered high after abstaining for a week.  so then it becomes "it's against the law, so it's against the rules" or "it's against the rules, and those are the rules, so don't break em".

Since When has it been decided that weed numbs pain??????? If I'm baked and my 125lb pound missus pinches me I cry like a bitch Phone Post
11/5/12 4:02 AM
Megatherium

DEZBOT - 
fishyfish -

it's not argued that weed is a performance enhancer.  the argument is that weed numbs pain, and therefore a fighter should not fight high.  now where it becomes more difficult to argue is that a person be considered high after abstaining for a week.  so then it becomes "it's against the law, so it's against the rules" or "it's against the rules, and those are the rules, so don't break em".

Since When has it been decided that weed numbs pain??????? If I'm baked and my 125lb pound missus pinches me I cry like a bitch Phone Post

Problem with weed is that Pfizer, Johnson&Johnson, Roche, and GlaxoSmithKline don`t own a piece of it.
11/5/12 4:03 AM
3 Sided Square
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DEZBOT - 
fishyfish -

Sick people who need their medicinal marijuana because it numbs their pain? Or the ones that would prefer the pain relief it provides compared to pharmaceutical drugs that are stronger and actually addictive? Not the ones who are only getting baked.
11/5/12 6:55 AM
SmackyBear
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Megatherium - Roids good.

Inactive marijuana metabolites my ass. It's the same system used by a lot of different agencies to test the presence of THC in the system. And I know you're trolling, so I won't even answer the "roids good" part Phone Post

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/13/2795266/ufc-nick-diaz-drug-test-no-disciplinary-sanction-jonathan-tweedal

I meant`roids good`in the sense that fighters are receiving therapeutic use exemptions for TRT in Nevada and elsewhere these days. And, as Jonathan Tweedale explains in the link provided, which is also the original source of Diaz`challenge to his suspension, inactive marijuana metabolites do not contain even trace amounts of THC. They only prove prior use. Inactive metabolites, which are what was found in Diaz`system, are not prohibited by the IOC for Olympic competition nor are they tested for or banned by most other sports regulatory bodies.

Not true about the metabolites. Nick Delpopolo was kicked out of the Olympics this year for a failed marijuana piss test that found the exact same metabolites.

2. The Athlete was requested on 30 July 2012, in London, at approximately 3:15 p.m., immediately following the completion of his participation in the above-mentioned event, to provide a urine sample for a doping control.

7. The analytical report of the laboratory analysis of the A sample, issued by the WADA Accredited Laboratory in Harlow, dated 30 July 2012, indicated the presence of 11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid of exogenous origin.

16. After reviewing the file, including the above-noted written statement from the Athlete, the Disciplinary Commission unanimously concluded that the Athlete had committed an antidoping rule violation pursuant to Article 2.1 of the World Anti-Doping Code (hereafter the “Code”) and Articles 2 and 12 of the Rules in that there was the presence of the prohibited substance, 11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid, in his body.

http://www.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Disciplinary_commission/London2012_Decision-Disciplinary-Commission-Delpopolo.pdf

That IOC prohibited substance (11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid) is also exactly what the NSAC found in Diaz's urine. A completely inactive metabolite of marijuana.

Tweedal and Goodman are both wrong about this metabolite issue and what in competition and out of competition mean in the WADA code.
11/5/12 7:44 AM
BubblesNS
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

24, 8 ounce bottles of water would likely result in death not a failed test. I think Keith is full of shit. No surprise, sounds like a douce.

P.S. that fucker looked high. Phone Post
11/5/12 7:55 AM
john10

So does Kizer not understand the dehydrating effects of weight cutting?.... For anyone who doesn't, when your dehydrated, you drink WATER! lots of it!

Can we please get some competent people to run these orgs and ref/judge these fights!!
11/5/12 8:03 AM
NHBStriker
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beastro - 
LayzieTheSavage - 

You forgot Radon, snake venom, asbestos and cyanide in that list of "natural and indigenous' things to this planet.

Why not eat carrion that's been shit on vultures?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy

I'm not going to get into an argument about weed as a whole but I've seen the massive damage it has done to my cousin. No, it didn't cause his problems, he abused it and it's led to him being emotionally crippled but it in an of itself is not good.

My point here is it pisses me off when someone argues that something is entirely good or entirely bad, especially when they bring the "natural" bullshit into the debate.

If you want to advocate for Diaz and for weed, don't resort that line of reasoning, it doesn't help does your in the least.

VTFU. That was great.
11/5/12 8:28 AM
RLL
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazie probably isn't the best "journalist" to cover this because he obviously has a conflict of interest. He is friends with Diaz and (Im sure) smokes with him too.

The bottom line is that Marijuana is currently an illegal substance (minus some very small loopholes with state regulations). And it has also been a banned substance for a long time by sport commisions, in almost all major sports.

Nick knew this, he chose to use it anyway. Now he deals with the fines and penalties.

It's the Ricky Williams scenario... If Diaz can not live his life without smoking weed, then he should decide to stop fighting. As the two do not mix.

11/5/12 8:47 AM
BrokeFitch

fishyfish -

this is just wrong!
the argument the nsac made about the diaz case was that weed helps him train, so on the long term it's a performence enhancer! it's not about the 15 minutes of the fight!

that said, it's a f'n joke that the nsac takes 4 hours to discuss this situation just to jump to the conclusion that they were right in the first place and in the same meeting allows chael to use trt within 10 minutes that were used by keith to suck chaels dick dry!! Phone Post
11/5/12 9:02 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck the police Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.