UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> in need of some training advice...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/5/12 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mike_rizzo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i work from 11pm-7am monday-friday. i get home around 9am and sleep until about 4 or 5. so i train in the dojo from 6-8 and then i pretty much rush to work. i do this routine from monday- thursday and i have fri sat sun to lift. my question is how can i break up strength training in those days and what exercises should i do? any advice would help! Phone Post
11/5/12 6:35 PM
dizz
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would do a 2 day routine, on Fri/Sun

Take the 4 main lifts from, say, SS or 5/3/1 (bench, OHP, deadlift, squat)

I would probably split them up between the two days

Fri: Deadlift and OHP

Sun: Bench and squat

Add assistance stuff (I personally like pullups and pushups) as desired to one of the days (pulls to Fri, pushups to Sun, for example)

A number of the guys on here have way more experience than me, so I'm sure they'll have different suggestions, but this is a starting point

11/6/12 12:42 AM
mike_rizzo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz -

I would do a 2 day routine, on Fri/Sun

Take the 4 main lifts from, say, SS or 5/3/1 (bench, OHP, deadlift, squat)

I would probably split them up between the two days

Fri: Deadlift and OHP

Sun: Bench and squat

Add assistance stuff (I personally like pullups and pushups) as desired to one of the days (pulls to Fri, pushups to Sun, for example)

A number of the guys on here have way more experience than me, so I'm sure they'll have different suggestions, but this is a starting point

thanks for that im going to give that a try for a few months. Phone Post
11/6/12 12:45 AM
Leigh
1184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Dizz. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.