UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Where to train in Thailand...not Tiger MT

11/20/12 8:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm prolly going to train at Charn Chai in Pai from the end of January. I've talked with the head honcho, Bee, via email and he seems like an awesome person. Looking forward to it!
11/20/12 9:56 PM
TheLumberjackLisi
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for pric Phone Post
11/20/12 9:57 PM
TheLumberjackLisi
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheLumberjackLisi - In for pric Phone Post
*price

Jeebus... Phone Post
11/20/12 10:05 PM
BrunoMcGyver
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheLumberjackLisi - 
TheLumberjackLisi - In for pric Phone Post
*price

Jeebus... Phone Post

lmao
11/20/12 10:15 PM
AristidesBrito
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does boxing legend Khahosai Galaxy coach at any camp ? Phone Post
11/21/12 4:14 AM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I highly recommend Phuket Top team and Sinbi. I am hearing good things about Sumalee.

Did a tour of Tiger and didn't like the look of it.
12/13/12 11:48 AM
BenStark
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had 2 trips to Phuket. Both of which I spent at Tiger and had a great experience both times. They have Brian Ebersole and Roger Huerta heading up their MMA squad and do a great job with it. They just did a big try out which Tiger invited me to come down and help with, They took on 5 new guys all of which are very talented. They are surely working to grow their MMA program and team.

I can only speak about the Muay Thai training in the Fighters ring but its top notch no doubt.

I know Lion Muay Thai is tryin to come up in Rawai. JJ Ambrose is their Head MMA coach. I haven't been there but JJ is legit.

I am in Bangok. At EMAC: Executive Martial Arts Center which is an affiliate of American Top Team Thailand. ATT Thailand is headed up by Adam Kayoom. His locations (Q23 Academy) is in Emporium Tower while EMAC is by Saphan Taksin in the Suriwongse Tower Inn (The Executive House) building.

Right now both schools are BJJ based but we are looking to grow the gym to include some Solid Muay Thai coaches and and MMA program come the new year.
12/13/12 11:49 AM
BenStark
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for Pure Muay Thai gyms in BKK, Jitti is tops from all I hear. There are tons of smaller gyms with decent talent but nothing crazy good. I hear only good things about Jitti. Also Watcharachi's gym but they closed a month ago and he is in Kuala Lampur.
12/13/12 4:12 PM
sparkyman
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull_in_chinashop - Saenchi is no longer at Sinbi, he moved back to 13 coins in BKK. Sinbi is an excellent gym in the south. Phone Post
Thanks for the correction bic. I think you were the first to mention sinbi to me and ended up influencing their decision. Phone Post
12/13/12 10:15 PM
Diesel67
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thailand - Fuck it :)
12/14/12 1:08 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speaking of which, some friends just returned from a trip to both 13 coins and Jitti, both great camps.

12/14/12 1:54 AM
BenStark

octowussy - 
BenStark - I've had 2 trips to Phuket. Both of which I spent at Tiger and had a great experience both times. They have Brian Ebersole and Roger Huerta heading up their MMA squad and do a great job with it. They just did a big try out which Tiger invited me to come down and help with, They took on 5 new guys all of which are very talented. They are surely working to grow their MMA program and team.

I can only speak about the Muay Thai training in the Fighters ring but its top notch no doubt.

I know Lion Muay Thai is tryin to come up in Rawai. JJ Ambrose is their Head MMA coach. I haven't been there but JJ is legit.

I am in Bangok. At EMAC: Executive Martial Arts Center which is an affiliate of American Top Team Thailand. ATT Thailand is headed up by Adam Kayoom. His locations (Q23 Academy) is in Emporium Tower while EMAC is by Saphan Taksin in the Suriwongse Tower Inn (The Executive House) building.

Right now both schools are BJJ based but we are looking to grow the gym to include some Solid Muay Thai coaches and and MMA program come the new year.

JJ just got beat by a Sinbi student, though.

JJ isn't teaching Thai boxing. He teaches wrestling and MMA.

As for his decision loss, hey Muay Thai is a hard sport. People lose fights, doesn't take away the fact that he fought well and represented his gym well. It was a decision and a pretty close one at that in my opinion.

Please dont' misunderstand the area. Phuket (as far as I know) is all Tourist. Yes many students make multiple trips and go to the same gym over and over but None or VERY few Farang are pure Thai products.
12/14/12 3:51 AM
Ray Elbe
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTT has added Anthony Leone who just became world top 10 ranked for his upset win in Bellator. They also have two resident black belts and probably the strongest competition team in Thailand with the cross training they do with Lion and various other academies like Adam Kayoom and Q23

Team Quest has a gym in Chiang Mai now.

Lion Muay Thai hired JJ Ambrose who is a Tracy Hess brown belt and quality wrested competing on the next Bellator card. LMT cross trains with PTT fairly often, which isn't something you'll get to do with Tiger's mma program.

Ebersole is at Tiger now, although I'm not sure if he's full time, I think Roger Huerta is full time--who just got his purple belt from the new resident black belt at TMT.

Maximum MMA is Patong has Rodrigo Praxeadus teaching, a Nova Unio black belt, who also cross trains at PTT and recently won the URCC super middleweight belt.

Lots of options for rolling in BKk with Ben Stark a tuf vet and bjj brown belt at EMac

And Of course Adam Kayoom a Ricardo liborio black belt and One FC star at Q23 academy...

And of course BKK BJJ has a resident black belt.

Golden Glory in Pattaya has people from time to time as well...usually depending on if someone has a fight...

And I've heard fairtex has an mma program now Phone Post
12/14/12 5:48 AM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/14/12 7:46 AM
Letibleu
1476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am moving to Bangkok next June. I did not know the UG had members that might be able to provide me with information on Thailand.

This is unexpected :)
12/14/12 7:59 AM
BenBJJ

Anyone gonna be at PTT dec 22-29?
12/14/12 8:22 AM
Gaz209
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bangkok- kiatphontip

Great gym
Great trainers
Great fighter and a great cockney owner Phone Post
12/14/12 10:58 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might check out Sasiprapa for 2 wks in BKK on my next trip then head back to Phuket for last 2 wks. Anyone have experience with SAS? Phone Post
12/14/12 11:17 AM
The Sauce
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenStark - As for Pure Muay Thai gyms in BKK, Jitti is tops from all I hear. There are tons of smaller gyms with decent talent but nothing crazy good. I hear only good things about Jitti. Also Watcharachi's gym but they closed a month ago and he is in Kuala Lampur.
Jitti's has produced bad asses for sure, but A LOT of gyms in and around Bangkok are top notch

Bangkok is a big place with LOTS of great gyms! Phone Post
12/14/12 10:30 PM
BenStark

JJ's been in town for a few years now starting at Tiger for a few years then heading to PTT for a few months and settling at Lion.
12/14/12 11:21 PM
Ray Elbe
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenBJJ - Anyone gonna be at PTT dec 22-29?
Im sure I'll stop into all the gyms while I'm in town...though training will be limited as I'm having constructive eye surgery. Phone Post
12/14/12 11:23 PM
Ray Elbe

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - I might check out Sasiprapa for 2 wks in BKK on my next trip then head back to Phuket for last 2 wks. Anyone have experience with SAS? Phone Post
Great gym. Hit up Paul Daley...I believe he's trained there Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.