UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Indoor home cardio equipment?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/5/12 12:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JudoEd
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winter is coming and I don't want to run in the rain and snow. Aside from a skipping rope, what else would you recommend for home gym cardio equipment?

I would like a Concept 2, but since my wife and I will both use the equipment and she dislikes the C2, it's a no go. Phone Post
11/5/12 1:09 PM
Taku
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey JudoEd,

My top two recommendations for home conditioning equipment are:

1. Air-Dyne

2. Steel-Climber

I like the airdyne becasue it's bulletproof (never breaks down), takes up very little space, is easy to move, easy to use, works the entire body, does not require electricity, and provides very challenging workouts. Also, these can often be found for cheap as people have them around the house...and are happy to get rid of them because they think they are low-tech, and old-school (which they are).

Steel Climber is a much less expensive version of the Versa-Climber concept. Brand new they are about 1/4-1/3 the proce of a new versaclimber, and they do pretty much all the same stuff.

Concept 2 is a great piece as well. but as you already stated, your wife does not like it (although she could learn to).

TAKU

11/5/12 5:43 PM
gokuryu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

burpees?
11/5/12 6:58 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

air-dyne is the best. i have a versaclimber, but i greatly prefer the airdyne...its probably just personal preference, but i think its much better for both steady state and intervals. the versaclimber tends to irritate my knees, and if i do it for a long time, it will leave my lats sore the next day which interferes with other workouts(not my goal when doing cardio). if you are doing interval training, there is no comparison...a round of intervals on the airdyne feels MUCH more difficult to me.
11/5/12 10:36 PM
JudoEd
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Air-Dyne is this right? http://www.amazon.ca/Schwinn-AD2-Airdyne/dp/B0055WRZVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352172644&sr=8-1

Or like this?

http://shop.fitnessdepot.ca/B775-Dual-Action-Air-Cycle-P916.aspx#.UJiFHcXA_l4

Thanks!
11/6/12 12:43 AM
Leigh
1184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some great info from Taku and turducken Phone Post
11/6/12 2:32 PM
cruedi
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stair master and jump rope.
11/6/12 3:16 PM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought an airdyne off craigslist for 250 bucks about a month ago. Thing looks brand new. I absolutely love it. Gets my heart rate where it needs to be and keeps it there.
11/6/12 6:48 PM
cdueck
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Concept 2

11/6/12 11:04 PM
DarthChoke
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdueck -

Concept 2

Haha he said that was a no go. Why comment if you are not going to read?

Airdyne is awesome btw. It sucks!!! But it's awesome. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.