UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones vs. Sonnen April 27 in Newark

11/5/12 8:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jon Jones can't fight in his home state of New York, so its next-door neighbor will have to do.

The UFC's light heavyweight champion will return to the city and venue he won his title at when he defends his belt against Chael Sonnen on April 27. UFC officials on Monday announced that bout will take place at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Though the event has not yet been given a number, it is expected to be a pay-per-view card.

Though the UFC had announced a date for the Jones-Sonnen fight this past month, a venue and city had not been announced.

Read entire article...

The UFC also announced the four-event UFC on FOX schedule for 2013:
•UFC on FOX 6 on Jan. 26, 2013 (United Center in Chicago, Illinois)
•UFC on FOX 7 on April 20, 2013 (Location TBD)
•UFC on FOX 8 on July 27, 2013 (Location TBD)
•UFC on FOX 9 on Dec. 14, 2013 (Location TBD)

No bouts have been announced, but UFC President Dana White promised "big things."

11/5/12 8:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Phillips
822 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We're there!

11/5/12 8:28 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones fought four times last year and now he's on the shelf for 6 months waiting for a fight with Chael Sonnen. Awesome.

11/5/12 8:31 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah...they want us to pay for this misadventure? So be it... Phone Post
11/5/12 8:31 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill be rooting for Chael..(never thought i'd say that)...but I will be cheering for him!

But all the cheering in the world wont help Sonnen in this one...hes going to get absolutely wrecked.. Phone Post
11/5/12 8:45 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully Boston gets one of the FOX cards next year. It has been too long
11/5/12 8:48 PM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

derp fight... Jones could party from now until April and still beat Sonnen with one hand tied behind his back and the other holding a Bud Light.

11/5/12 8:51 PM
The Overseer
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

derp fight... Jones could party from now until April and still beat Sonnen with one hand tied behind his back and the other holding a Bud Light.

Nope. Phone Post
11/5/12 9:02 PM
ximboredofyoux

I'm there. Phone Post
11/5/12 9:21 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Overseer -
inf0 -

Nope. Phone Post
^ Very thoughtful and insightful argument!
lol Phone Post
11/5/12 9:43 PM
UGCTT_MdotBRICKS
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HYFR Phone Post
11/5/12 9:53 PM
Fabefromfort

No NO NO. There I go again. I will not see this. I haven't seen a UFC card for a long time. Seems it's all about all the Cards I miss now. I'll wait for something better. I'm Canadian, and I don't even want to see George St. Pierre-Condit. Maybe Machida-Hendo. Something good. Velasquez-Dos Santos for sure, because it's pretty dry after that. I see maybe 3 or 4 cards a year if that. UFC PPVs are going to end up sub 150,000 on an ongoing basis if this keeps up. 3 sub 300,000s back to back ? Yes, they still turn a profit but someone,s gotta be worried. It ain't the Fertitta's or Dana. They made their billions. They're done. They don't mind the shit cards. I just don't want any more fun fights, or dud cards which is all they have now. I'm through watching guys fight then gettin caught with PEDs.There ain't no ranking system. No integrity. Martial Arts is about Honor. Their ain't no honor here. The UFC is taking a stupid fan base, and squeezin them out of their nickels in a depressed economy. That fan-base is so young and stupid, they are defenseless to say no, I don't want to buy another shit card. I'll watch Silva-Jones then I will be done with the UFC.
11/5/12 10:06 PM
rampageforpresident

Pancake Syrup - Hopefully Boston gets one of the FOX cards next year. It has been too long

Boston needs any card. It's been a couple years. How bad were the sales that they arent coming back?
11/5/12 10:31 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rampageforpresident -
Pancake Syrup - Hopefully Boston gets one of the FOX cards next year. It has been too long

Boston needs any card. It's been a couple years. How bad were the sales that they arent coming back?
I saw 118 in Boston. I'd love to go back.
And I'll be going to Newark, even tho this fight makes no sense what so ever IMO. Phone Post
11/5/12 10:36 PM
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabefromfort - No NO NO. There I go again. I will not see this. I haven't seen a UFC card for a long time. Seems it's all about all the Cards I miss now. I'll wait for something better. I'm Canadian, and I don't even want to see George St. Pierre-Condit. Maybe Machida-Hendo. Something good. Velasquez-Dos Santos for sure, because it's pretty dry after that. I see maybe 3 or 4 cards a year if that. UFC PPVs are going to end up sub 150,000 on an ongoing basis if this keeps up. 3 sub 300,000s back to back ? Yes, they still turn a profit but someone,s gotta be worried. It ain't the Fertitta's or Dana. They made their billions. They're done. They don't mind the shit cards. I just don't want any more fun fights, or dud cards which is all they have now. I'm through watching guys fight then gettin caught with PEDs.There ain't no ranking system. No integrity. Martial Arts is about Honor. Their ain't no honor here. The UFC is taking a stupid fan base, and squeezin them out of their nickels in a depressed economy. That fan-base is so young and stupid, they are defenseless to say no, I don't want to buy another shit card. I'll watch Silva-Jones then I will be done with the UFC.
*world's smallest violin playing* Phone Post
11/5/12 10:38 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there! Phone Post
11/6/12 12:56 AM
NINJAe973

Starting the ticket money stash right the fuck now Phone Post
11/6/12 7:07 AM
Bigp5437

Oh shit!! Was hoping they'd be coming back to Newark sooner than later..definitely going to this!
11/6/12 9:51 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatsme - Yawn. This will just another Mike Tyson v Michael Spinks.
No.

That will be JDS-Cain 2.

Why rematch a bout that ended in a one minute KO that everyone saw for free yet this time must pay 60 bucks to see?

Yeah.

Jones-Sonnen is more like Pacquiao-Mosley.

Sold on perceived name value but lacking any competitive value whatsoever and a waste of the great fighter's skills. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.