UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> Best MMA triangle escapes?

11/6/12 5:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grapplingwithzen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why but I've always had this unnatural fear of triangle chokes.

Anyway I've seen so many escapes. However for various reasons I haven't always found them that effective, especially once the choke is almost sunk in. I'm wondering what escape technique other practioners have found most useful? Thanks.
11/8/12 1:39 AM
TheBulgarianAssassin
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't get caught!
11/13/12 2:18 PM
Judo Scott
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grapplingwithzen - I don't know why but I've always had this unnatural fear of triangle chokes.

Anyway I've seen so many escapes. However for various reasons I haven't always found them that effective, especially once the choke is almost sunk in. I'm wondering what escape technique other practioners have found most useful? Thanks.

"ANYWAY I'VE SEEN SO MANY ESCAPES. HOWEVER FOR VARIOUS REASONS I HAVEN'T ALWAYS FOUND THEM THAT EFFECTIVE, ESPECIALLY ONCE THE CHOKE IS ALMOST SUNK IN"

.... FOR VARIOUS REASONS I HAVEN'T ALWAYS FOUND THEM THAT EFFECTIVE ... ONCE THE CHOKE IS ALMOST SUNK IN

.... I HAVEN'T FOUND THEM EFFECTIVE ... THE CHOKE IS ALMOST SUNK IN ...

... THE CHOKE IS ALMOST SUNK IN ...

11/24/12 1:10 AM
andyman011

The one chael tried against silva. Stand up and sit backwards Phone Post
11/24/12 11:07 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take your trapped arm and your outside arm and cup over the bent knee cap. Pull this kneecap to the ground and you move your body around the corner, driving your knee over his ribs.

11/24/12 2:00 PM
armbarring
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull_in_chinashop -

Take your trapped arm and your outside arm and cup over the bent knee cap. Pull this kneecap to the ground and you move your body around the corner, driving your knee over his ribs.

this. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:53 PM
patches

no.... all of above but knee in the crotch to prevent armlock.......most consistent escape
1/7/13 7:45 PM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First step for me is always telephone and then reassess Phone Post
1/20/13 11:20 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull_in_chinashop -

I love this one! Bad has a video on one I like as well, U stack ur opponent and cup the back of his head in ur hands, pull towards ur chest and sprawl. His spine will crack and pop and he will let go. Be careful tho, I put my coach in touch with my chiropractor after I got him with it. After that if I stacked and cupped someone's head, they would release and we would start from there. YouTube bas rutten triangle defense. It's at a seminar. Good vid. Phone Post
1/25/13 10:35 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend Andrew Smith showing how it's done. As he said, this is the worst case scenario. There are several options that I'll try to stop the high guard earlier if I can, but sometimes we all get into this spot.

2/26/13 8:23 PM
jasonhightower
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In... Good stuff! Phone Post
5/16/13 5:25 PM
swedsteve
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
5/24/13 4:47 PM
comeacrossclean
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks!
5/24/13 8:10 PM
Chael Sonnen Money
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always either: A) Spin around and put my ass on their head which relieves all pressure from the choke, or B) Lift them up slowly A La Rampage and Hughes Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.