UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Zombies! Run! app

11/6/12 7:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LordSeano
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm in the middle of 5/3/1 at the moment and have started to mix in some running - not too much though. 2-3 times a week for 3-4 miles a turn.

Now I absolutely hate running - hate it with a passion. Its hard, it hurts and its boring as fuck.

But I got this game for my phone -

www.zombiesrungame.com/

Its fucking awesome. Its basically an immersive role playing game that you play as you run. You have a number of missions that involve you trying to protect a base from zombies i.e. you go out hunting for supplies and have to evade zombies with the base radio operator giving instructions over the headphones.

It works like interval training as you have to speed up to evade the zombies etc.

the best part is you set your own playlist to play between radio instructions so its like being in a real zombie film.

I set up a Slayer playlist the first time and it was brilliant, you are runnign along trying to get back to the base and then the radio operator starts giving it, "We can see you now, we are raising the gates....wait, whats that behind you. Quick its the previous runner they turned. RUN!" and then a Slayer track kicks in.

It tracks all the aspects of your run (map, speed etc) and you can then review it on line afterwards.

Definitely recommend it!
11/6/12 8:09 AM
vermonter
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hah! That does sound like fun. It should (if it doesn't) let you set a goal and then tell you if you got killed after lol.

Thanks for the recommendation.
11/6/12 8:46 AM
LordSeano
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know if you can die but it generates random zombie hordes that you have to sprint past or you get caught and drop supplies.

As you collect supplies you can use them to open up new missions on line which sync to your app.

You hear the zombie moaning in the headphones as they get closer or are chasing you down and it gets louder. I was running along a dark tow path next to the river with the operator going, "zombies in 100m....zombies in 50m...zombies in 25m" with the moaning getting louder and then some guy walked out of a side lane and I nearly shit myself
11/6/12 8:48 AM
LordSeano

Its worth noting as well I worked out much harder than I would have normally as well - apparently my speed kicked up each time a slayer track came on as well as when I was dodging zombies
11/6/12 9:46 AM
vermonter
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha that sounds awesome.
11/6/12 3:24 PM
Taku
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That does sound fun. Do they have an ANDROID version?

TAKU <---not an apple guy.

11/6/12 5:17 PM
KiserSmash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku -

That does sound fun. Do they have an ANDROID version?

TAKU <---not an apple guy.

Yeah man, they have it for droid. Its definetley an awesome app. I fucking loathe cardio and prefer heavy lifting, but getting sucked into a "Holy shit I'm running from fucking zombies" mindset is definetley inspiration to keep pushing forward. That and most of my running playlist is either Hatebreed, Dethklok, or Slipknot. Phone Post
11/6/12 5:28 PM
LordSeano

Yeah i have an s3 Phone Post
11/7/12 7:17 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a great way to desensitize your zombie intuition while training at an inappropriate heart rate.
11/7/12 7:40 AM
LordSeano

Lol at 'desensitising'.

You wont be laughing when SHTF and you have no live zombie supply run drills under your belt.
11/7/12 8:56 AM
vermonter

Haha. In a way i agree with 419 though. It sounds like a more fun way to do intervals, but i prefer the steady stuff. Intervals suck.
11/7/12 9:00 AM
LordSeano

Agree - but my objective isnt really serious interval training, its just to make running a bit more enjoyable :o)
11/7/12 9:06 AM
vermonter

Yeah. It sounds like a blast.

Speaking of which you should carry a shotgun while you run to increase the realism. Also carry keys in your hands and try to put them into car doors as the moaning gets louder lol. Count how many times you drop those fuckers.
11/7/12 9:23 AM
LordSeano

Yeah I forgot to add - when that guy walked out into the footpath in front of me I caved his head in which got the old heart pumping.....
11/7/12 9:26 AM
vermonter

I bet. And it adds an upper body element. I like it.
11/7/12 7:06 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Practice? We're talking about practice?
11/8/12 3:12 AM
Mudderfaeg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought it. Going to try it out tomorrow.

11/9/12 9:29 AM
Last Don
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used it for a while, and it was entertaining, but my times were better with the Nike app, and I attribute that to regular pace, time and distance updates. Phone Post
11/9/12 1:43 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like an awesome app.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.