UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: Anyone not a bigot knows I beat Forrest

11/6/12 8:26 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has one fight left in his UFC contract, and wants to leave the league there after. He is currently campaigning for a final match up with someone he considers an exciting fighter, rather than a "boring ass" wrestler, like Ryan Bader, Phil Davis or Chael Sonnen.

One fighter in his exciting column in Forrest Griffin, who he lost to via unanimous decision in an unsuccessful title defense at UFC 86, back in 2008.

"I got hurt, I couldn't fight Glover (Teixeira)," said Rampage of a recent potential match up. "I didn't want to wait that long. Forrest's opponent (Chael Sonnen) pulled out. Why not just go fight Forrest? I don't care. I'll fight Forrest and I'll still fight Glover later. Everyone knows I've been gunning for Forrest, because anyone who knows MMA, anyone who's got a true heart, a real heart, and not a bigot, they know I won that fight.

"That's real talk."

Rampage also expressed mixed, perhaps even mixed up feelings about the UFC. He says the only thing that will make him happy is leaving the UFC, but also describes them as a 'great organization'.

"What would make you happy?" Rampage was asked.

"Leaving the UFC would make me happy," he replied emphatically. "I don't think there's anything they can do to fix that."

"I'm not upset with them," he continued. "The UFC is a great organization. They've done a lot of good, positive things for the sport. It's mainstream now. I can't walk anywhere without people wanting a picture or attention or talking. That's good, that's what people like.

"Honestly, I wish I could've been compensated a little more for the privacy that I gave up. People don't understand that. I traded my privacy and my kids' privacy and everything for the living I'm making now, which is, I could say I'm probably as popular as football players or basketball players these days (who are) making millions." 

11/6/12 8:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone not a fagot knows that fight should have been a draw...
11/6/12 8:30 AM
Fedors Jim Jams

Herring In A Fur Coat - Anyone not a fagot knows that fight should have been a draw...

and if it were a draw, then rampage would've kept his belt.... and ufc posterboy at the time wouldn't have had it.

if that happened.... would mma/ufc be different now?
11/6/12 8:33 AM
TeamThundermma

Way to play the race card. What an ignorant statement to make. Phone Post
11/6/12 8:37 AM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its a fight that should have been made again. 4 years since it happened. talking like that is just going to make rampage look bad though.

One minute he is pleading with the UFC to give him someone that will bang with him, then its Shogun, then its Forrest.

11/6/12 8:38 AM
PTM2020
732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh Quenton

11/6/12 8:41 AM
dahosse
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Call me a bigot if you want, but you lost that fight, guy. Which you even admitted at the time. Phone Post
11/6/12 8:42 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Fedors Jim Jams - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - Anyone not a fagot knows that fight should have been a draw...

and if it were a draw, then rampage would've kept his belt.... and ufc posterboy at the time wouldn't have had it.

if that happened.... would mma/ufc be different now?

Rampage won't have went on a rampage... he still would have lost the belt to Evans in the next fight. And I don't think Griffin's "reign" had any real impact on UFC/MMA, so not that much different.
11/6/12 8:46 AM
JOB
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Victim mentality. Griffin won the fight.
11/6/12 8:50 AM
stonepony

Warzone209 - 

Rampage got kicked 500 times in the leg and lost by baby kicks.  He should have thrown a bungalow or 2 not complain about losing to bullshit kicks.

And i hope Dana doesn't let him Duck Glover and go for a fight he knows he won't get hurt in (Griffin).  Rampage has that ego where he doesn't want to get KO'd in his last contracted fight and go out of the UFC doing the stanky leg.

Yeah, apparently he is retarded too, and nobody told him that strikes to the legs count. You guys will catch on eventually though.

Forest won the fight. And anyone who has to scream accusations of racism like that, isn't intelligent enough to be classified a retard. They need their own category.
11/6/12 8:52 AM
jpm995
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad to see Rampage play the race card, he's usually better than that. Fight could have been a draw but was close enough that no one could claim robbery. Always been a fan of his but this is bs.
11/6/12 8:55 AM
Jill Laz

Griffin won that fight Rampages leg gave out because of those kicks, also I believe it was the second round or third Griffin took rampage down and G/P him for almost the entire round Rampage couldn't get up I remember saying to my husband that he looks like a turtle on its back Phone Post
11/6/12 9:10 AM
Hocky Balboa
6310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/6/12 9:23 AM
crazydave
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:   /

11/6/12 9:41 AM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All rampage wants for Christmas is out of the UFC?

sounds easy enough.

I think it's funny that he says this:

" I'm probably as popular as football players or basketball players these days (who are) making millions."

Those sports were open to him, he didn't have to choose MMA...he chose a sport with much, much smaller pay days because that was where he could compete.

let's pretend that Zuffa hadn't saved his career and made him mainstream in North America....what would Rampage be doing for a living?
11/6/12 9:45 AM
juicer
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sigh
11/6/12 9:47 AM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Race card

11/6/12 9:52 AM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie -

Race card

Lol. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:57 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
11/6/12 10:00 AM
shaqitup
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage just keeps complaining about everything these days.
11/6/12 10:00 AM
Chris27

Yes Rampage if someone thinks you lost that fight they must hate black people.

I'm so sick of this guy, let Glover smash him and send him to Bellator.
11/6/12 10:22 AM
le

Can Rampage spell bigot? Phone Post
11/6/12 10:27 AM
Hocky Balboa
6310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The smartest poster alive -
Hocky Balboa - 

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHH!!! THATS RACIST!!!!!
Wasn't meant to be.

It was just a random WTF gif to Rampage's response.

Bobby Brown's expression is key. Phone Post
11/6/12 10:38 AM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a lot of race filled threads this Monday morning. Phone Post
11/6/12 10:38 AM
Ramone8
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one who takes a role in a major blockbuster film is a allowed to talk about compromised privacy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.