UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roy Nelson: Dana and I are a husband and wife

11/6/12 8:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Roy Nelson recently appeared on AXS TV's "Inside MMA" and talked about his coaching stint opposite Shane Carwin on Dana White's The Ultimate Fighter. After a couple of acrimonious months, Nelson was nearly sunny.

"The relationship with Dana is we're a husband and a wife," said Nelson, without specifiying who was the wife. "We have that marriage. The way I look at it now is we're in couples therapy, and we're working on a relationship. When it's your significant other, they just want what's best for you. He just wants me to do what's best for him and the UFC. I think he just wants what's best for me. I appreciate that."

He even offered kind words for Shane Carwin.

"I respect Shane, I look up to him," said Nelson. "But, at the end of the day, he's at the other side of the cage. I want to beat him up. At the end of the day, I don't like him, he doesn't like me. I'm not going to his kid's birthday party, he's not going to my kid's birthday party. I don't care.

"It's Shane Carwin. I try to talk to him, as a professional, and then I don't know what he's talking about, with the other thing, me talking behind his back. Whatever I say to his face, I say to his face. I'll shake his hand. I'll shake anybody's hand."

Nelson saved his harshest words for the medium of reality television.

"I think the worst aspect is, they're always trying to tell a story," said Nelson. "And it's not usually the story you want to tell. Reality TV -- they always do that. That's not reality TV. It's a fight show. It's a game show, really. That's all it is is a game show."

Roy Nelson fights Shane Carwin at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Dec. 15, 2012. Dana White will be watching.

11/6/12 8:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Donoghue88
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I smiled briefly and then thought "Roy Nelson is strange"
11/6/12 9:01 AM
le
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does he keep going back to this husband and wife thing? Weird as hell. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:40 AM
Andersons_Chin
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an ugly couple Phone Post
11/6/12 10:56 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

beep
11/6/12 11:33 AM
jimbonice

I hope Roy isn't the one on top. Dana would get squished. Phone Post
11/6/12 2:10 PM
radiobaby
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're weird, Roy.
11/6/12 3:30 PM
Diaz_Brothers_Number_4_fan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Roy as a fighter but he does need new references when describing his and Dana's relationship. I wonder how Dana reacts to hearing that they are like husband and wife...lol
11/6/12 3:33 PM
GladiatorGannon
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It must be an abusive relationship then.

"He only hits me because he loves me" - Roy Nelson
11/6/12 3:48 PM
sgotwalks
1612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Lol!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.