UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benson: Sonnen just an average white guy

11/6/12 9:33 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

However, Diaz's reputation as a forward-moving, bird-flipping fighter can hardly hurt for promoting the bout, and by extension, Henderson. The 28-year-old champ sees the benefit of hype, being an avid fan of onetime middleweight title challenger and current light-heavyweight contender Chael Sonnen, who was recently named one of the top-five PPV draws in the company.

"He knows it's a promotional game," Henderson said of Sonnen. "He is of average speed, average athletic-wise, white guy, average-looking, and he wrestles guys. He holds guys down – that's his game. Who wants to see that? That's not a super-marketable (style). But as soon as he starts talking, he's very marketable. And he knows that."

Henderson, though, doesn't want to play the same game. Instead, he wants to do his entertaining in the cage. A thrilling bout with Diaz will be a job well done.

"You have to be entertaining and have a few tricks up your sleeves, (to where people say), 'Oh wow, what was that?'" Henderson said. "A few entertaining tricks, and hopefully you pull them off."

read entire article...

11/6/12 9:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stu Cazzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"White guy" is code for limited athletic ability....

11/6/12 9:39 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

""He is of average speed, average athletic-wise, white guy, average-looking, and he wrestles guys."

where does it say "Sonnen just an average white guy?"

11/6/12 9:39 AM
Andersons_Chin
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just an average whit guy too! Phone Post
11/6/12 9:42 AM
teepsfordays
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god this socially acceptable racism. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:44 AM
StratTone
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The title for that article moves key words that totally change the tone in which he made the statement. At first I was like: "dude did Henderson really say that?" Then I read the article. "nope"
11/6/12 9:47 AM
ThinkMMA
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teepsfordays - My god this socially acceptable racism. Phone Post
This. Can't stand this shit. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:48 AM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/12 9:48 AM
It is racist......But, if you are white and complain, you are considered sensitive.......I don't like the race shit regardless of who is saying it and regardless of which group is attacked........This reminds me of when Forrest said he could not lose to a Hispanic dude in the homeland.....It just makes me cringe and lose respect for these guys.....
11/6/12 9:49 AM
Dougie
934 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/6/12 9:50 AM
flacco
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats fucking racist! Phone Post
11/6/12 9:51 AM
Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two race related UG Blog headlines on the same day America is about to re-elect Obama. Coincidence, or is that you Mitt Romney?
11/6/12 9:52 AM
gabemadrid
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - It is racist......But, if you are white and complain, you are considered sensitive.......I don't like the race shit regardless of who is saying it and regardless of which group is attacked........This reminds me of when Forrest said he could not lose to a Hispanic dude in the homeland.....It just makes me cringe and lose respect for these guys.....
He said that? Also it's not cool to bring race into something that has nothing to do with race white folks included. Phone Post
11/6/12 9:52 AM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ondz - Two race related UG Blog headlines on the same day America is about to re-elect Obama. Coincidence, or is that you Mitt Romney?

Dude, there are race threads mon here everyday......Lots of racist people from all groups sadly......
11/6/12 9:58 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White man's burden, Lloyd my man. White man's burden.

11/6/12 10:01 AM
TheHaunted2

If another fighter said bendo was an average black guy he would be cut the next day Phone Post
11/6/12 10:02 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Potato.

hater. Chael has the biggest arms and the biggest charm. Nothing average about this beast. 

11/6/12 10:03 AM
le

Glad to be an average white guy. As Louie CK would say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY Phone Post
11/6/12 10:03 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Average white guy checking in.

WAR DIAZ Phone Post
11/6/12 10:06 AM
NHBDaddy
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

Go home and tell your momma you just got your ass kicked by an average white guy
11/6/12 10:13 AM
Willingly_Butt_Bonnared
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson just keeps becoming a bigger prick with each passing day.

11/6/12 10:15 AM
mdfmma123
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ha, I just don't understand why "white guy" was needed here. Phone Post
11/6/12 10:15 AM
STEVIAS SEX TOY #2

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - Average white guy checking in.

WAR DIAZ Phone Post
. Phone Post
11/6/12 10:20 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StratTone - The title for that article moves key words that totally change the tone in which he made the statement. At first I was like: "dude did Henderson really say that?" Then I read the article. "nope"

I can't fucking stand this accepted racism, but I can't stand many of these manipulative titles either!

It still implied racism, but not as bad as title implies. "Underground Blog" you suck ass!!!
11/6/12 10:21 AM
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Benson actually say this or is that the title of the article?
11/6/12 10:23 AM
cool hand Ed
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teepsfordays -  My god this socially acceptable racism. Phone Post

yep this.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.